Hacking Q3H (allwinner v3 - Camdroid)

Ok, I will flash something and then read it back with backup and compare to see what happened. I assumed this was done before. I haven't used the in-cam routine but once, all has been phoenix suite. You can recover from bricks that way easily and it only takes ~1:11 after you're set up with the drivers.

This is the guy that lost his original image I think. Your only hope is to try all different full_img.fex, including off friend's cameras and see which one boots.

Heh, there are a few differences with the backed up bin. For 1, it has the data partition inside where in the original its just FFFFFF. Also there are a few changes to the header, ending at the 0x90 line. If it restores from phoenix suite then I wouldn't worry too much.

You have crane4k30imx179s_sdv-eng 4.2.2 JDQ3

Wooo, different module version !

You only have different LCD than me, you should be able to use my image no problem if you paste in your own script.bin or just move rootfs.

your real camera name is:
key_camera_exif_make = Qlippie
key_camera_exif_model = Q1

Attachments

• modules 3-2-16.rar.zip
    878 KB · Views: 9
  • Script.bin.not.zip
    35.4 KB · Views: 7
  • script.fex.txt
    17.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Hi all,
back from a short vacation I just tried to load with phoenixsuit the full_img.fex shared by burak altumbas. The lcd driver now starts OK, but it hangs immediately after due to the wrong sensor (IM 179s vs OV4689) I suppose. Can you please help me to merge the one I got from gearbest, which I assume is for the correct sensor, with this one which has the right lcd driver?
Thanks
Francesco

Attachments

• script-mod.fex.txt
    17.9 KB · Views: 4
  • script-mod.bin.not.zip
    35.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi, I've got some interesting news. I tried thegamut file, and it still shows the start screen, and even creates the directory structure before stopping.
Then I tried lapy file, and almost incredibly it boots OK, it si possible to access it via ADB, but the lcd remains black. I have tried to use it blindly, and it boots and shuts down nicely, the wifi starts and stops, it is even possible to connect to the smartphone app, that crashes when is about to show the image. I tried to connect to PC as a webcam, and even more incredibly it works, even if the image is upside down.
Now I'm leaving again, but think that by comparing script.bin from the two last files maybe I will succeed, thank you all for your invaluable help. This time I will have internet access, I will try also to take with me the software thegamut has shared.
Francesco

That is good news. Its much better to take the screen section since we know that is correct vs the camera section from some random bin.

You know your sensor is IMX179, no S and those images use the same LCD driver with different settings.

edited, flipped the camera too:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bf908zddm91fqm2/full_img.7z

Attachments

• scripts.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Is the IMX179 supposed to be more capable than the OV4689? Can we unleash its capabilities even more?

Is the IMX179 supposed to be more capable than the OV4689? Can we unleash its capabilities even more?

IMX has 1.4x1.4 micrometer cells comparing to OV's 2x2. This means OV sensor is capable getting twice more light with each cell.

Last edited:
Last edited:
LG Nexus 5 is equipped with this sensor.

That is good news. Its much better to take the screen section since we know that is correct vs the camera section from some random bin.

You know your sensor is IMX179, no S and those images use the same LCD driver with different settings.

edited, flipped the camera too:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bf908zddm91fqm2/full_img.7z

Whoaaa YOU ARE THE MAN!
It works (almost) perfectly. Only two things, maybe related.
App still crashes as soon as it should show the live stream from cam, and image is swapped left-right. I still think that the sensor is OV4689 and not IMX179, strange that works with the same driver.
Thanks a lot THEGAMUT, you saved my cam

Back