Hacking Q3H (allwinner v3 - Camdroid)

Use VLC as the client and try to view the UDP stream on port 6669 or 6666. The login is probably to the FTP to download files via the app.

PS: Since a lot of people start to be interested in this subject, it would be good to clarify the firmware upgrade process.

Pack full_img.fex inside the IMG file and flash, that's all there is. Its a disk image of the Nor/Nand chip. 2nd post has a guide on how to move the root to sd card so you don't have to keep flashing and gain however big FS you can make.

Pack full_img.fex inside the IMG file and flash, that's all there is. Its a disk image of the Nor/Nand chip. 2nd post has a guide on how to move the root to sd card so you don't have to keep flashing and gain however big FS you can make.

Well, I was referring to making a step-by-step tutorial because, like me, I think many people get a lot of questions with as much information available.
Thanks.

5. Open up HXD as administrator. Go to open disk and select your sd card. Make sure you take off "read-only". Open this RootFS (or any booting one) with the hex editor. Now go to the sector box and paste in the starting sector you wrote down and then paste the contents of RootFS.

9/3 - RootFS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qt0ca9r7i6arrcx/RootFS-9-3-16.hex
10/9 - RootFS: http://www.mediafire.com/file/k59qk400lfmlbr1/RootFS-10-9-16.hex

hint: This is also 2-system.img from the backup scripts.

Hi thegamut, the second link above does not work, at least for me, do you think you have a rootfs worth sharing?

Hello everyone I'm new here, did some reading through the thread and have a basic understanding.
I do have a question what firmware and or mods can I flash on this thing? Already performed backup. I have a
HDKing
Q3H
version 20160810V2.3
updated 20160810
bootlogo skier with welcome

Reactions: NMD
You should be good with the hacks. I have that same camera, just do the kernel with all sensors starting in case you use imx179.ko instead of imx179s.ko As long as you have the backup you can flash back even if you completely brick everything.

Reactions: NMD
You should be good with the hacks. I have that same camera, just do the kernel with all sensors starting in case you use imx179.ko instead of imx179s.ko As long as you have the backup you can flash back even if you completely brick everything.
So I can flash anything in the 1st post? Also if I flash say the no sound img if I flash something else will it over write it?

Yep, the IMG just write full_img to the flash chip exactly as it is.

Hi,
i need help. i can not reach the camera from my pc with PhoenixSuit_V1.10
My camera stoped at start up, i can see only "be uniquie logo" No menu, no view.
i'm trying;
Press and hold up and power buttons, plug in USB cable. Win10 turn driver signature verification off
After this i can see the driver working ok. But PhoenixSuit_V1.10 can not find the device.
thx.
camera.jpg secreen.jpg
driver.jpg board_f2.jpg
board_b.jpg board_f.jpg

Last edited:
You have to open an IMG inside phoenix suite before it will recognize the device. Then start in recovery and you should get the yes/no format menu.

armedphoenix.jpg

It looks like this... also try vmware image of windows7 as I refuse to run windows 10.

format.jpg

wrong sensor or LCD configuration. Try some others. There is a whole ton of full_img.fex you can re-pack inside the IMG, especially at goprawn.

All of the cameras thus far have been either OV, IMX179 and IMX179s. If you get an LCD close enough it should stop white screening. I'm guessing you couldn't make a backup since the camera was crashed already.

The back of the LCD or cable might help you find which one it is.

The app crashes for me as well, I found one that works though. Its name is SportCAM, the icon is similar to XDV.

Also try "HotShot" or "Wimius Cam" apps. Both those and SportLook work for my F60B camera (Crane Huangle 20160514, and has surfer boot logo)

Now I have a problem...

I bought this camera... http://www.ebay.de/itm/112109500796?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=411103199197&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
and I don't get any access to this camera :/ It shown as a Camera or as StorageDevice but ADB and Phoenix don't recognize something!

So, what's wrong with it?

If the maximum video resolution is 1080p30 it's probably not an Allwinner v3. It just has the same body as the Q3h. Sellers can put any sensor/processor into any camera body and if they don't specify in the listing chances are it won't be what you expect. Check the exif data from the photos (in Windows right click -> properties -> details), because it might list a camera vendor or camera type there. And use MediaInfo (or something similar) on a sample of the highest res video. If you send that info here someone might be able to figure out exactly what you've got.

Width: 4000
Height: 3000
Vert. and Horiz. resolution: 72dpi
Depth: 24bit sRGB

Vendor: HDKing
Model: 603C
F/2.8
1/15sek
ISO-400

VideoCodec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
Resolution: 1920x1090 (1920x1080 displayed) 29.978142fps
Bitrate: 12.2 - 12.9mb/s

AudioCodec: PCM S16 LE (sowt)
Channel: Mono 44100Hz 16bit

I don't find the device at http://www.hdking8.com/product/ so it must be a replica (duh... Firmware Q7) but this also tells me, that it's customizable!

Back