[Hardwire Kit] Cam only turning on with ACC and Battery having power

Lurkee

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hey,
I'm installing this dashcam for my dad and several unfortunate circumstances led me to be working for well over 15 hours and yeah - it's still not working.

My current problem involves the hardwire kit. The cam works and turns on, but only if the ACC and the Battery both get a current at the same time.
Or stated in a different fashion:
  1. ACC: Power Battery: No Power Cam: No Power
  2. ACC: No Power Battery: Power Cam: No Power
  3. ACC: Power Battery: Power Cam: Power!
I tested this with the fuse adapters and also with the raw cables, which I just contacted with the raw metall on the car fuses.
I'm clueless as to what the problem is especially considerung that the ACC-cable doesn't have to be connected at all.

Does anyone have an idea?

Yes, the ACC (yellow) wire need to be connected. The only time the camera should be running without ACC power, is when in parking mode and you need the engine to go from on to off with parking mode on for this to happen.

Yes, the ACC (yellow) wire need to be connected. The only time the camera should be running without ACC power, is when in parking mode and you need the engine to go from on to off with parking mode on for this to happen.

The Amazon page is stating: "If you do not want ACC funtion, you do not need connect the ACC cable. Other functions still work."
However, I even do have the ACC cable connected. If it needs to be connected my cam should be working with a turned off engine, right? It doesn't.
I also measured the voltage on the fuses I'm using and ACC definately is ACC and battery has a constant voltage.

€dit: Parking mode is turned on with 5 FPS recording.

blame the Amazon page then for the bad advice

parking mode settings need to be set in the menu otherwise it will turn off when you when you turn the car off

To be honest I don't care which side is in the right since I'm going to use the ACC cable anyways. I also do have turned on the parking mode and it's just not working.
Whenever I turn the engine off the led lights stay on for 3 secs and the cam is off.

check your wiring, plenty of vehicles the circuits are controlled by the ECU so your permanent power source may be getting switched off by the computer, very common in BMW, Audi, Merc etc

check your wiring, plenty of vehicles the circuits are controlled by the ECU so your permanent power source may be getting switched off by the computer, very common in BMW, Audi, Merc etc

Yea, I actually measured it and confirmed that there is a permanent voltage. It's also the fuse for interior lightning so it'd be strange if it wouldn't be.
I'm going to confirm that I've got parking mode on since a power loss does delete all settings... and yea, the cam had a lot of these.

power loss should no effect on the menu settings, if those are resetting it sounds like you have a camera problem

Hmmm... alright, that's strange. I suppose that might be the reason for the broken parking mode?
Seems like I'm not the only one losing settings. A firmware update supposedly fixes this problem, so I'm going to try this first.

Anyways, thank you again for your fast help! I actually might get this cam running in a few months. :love:

The parking mode was turned off again so I fixed it. I'll leave the settings problem be since it shouldn't get any more power losses. Guess the new battery helps.
Well, that was a lot of time spent overcomplicating a problem, Amazon's statement didn't help in that matter. Thanks for your help!

Back