JooVuu X Camera

I think the visual resemblance of JooVuu-X to the Mobius has some people confused about actual size of the X. It's quite a bit wider than the Mobius and a tad longer with a lens barrel that is a slightly wider diameter than the camera body.

The Mobius is 34mm wide x 18mm tall x 58mm long (60mm in length including the "A" lens) (68mm in overall length with the "C" lens)

The JooVuu-X will apparently be 42mm wide x 18mm tall x 60mm long + 12mm extra length for the lens barrel which appears to be about 22-24mm in diameter.

So the JooVuu-X should have a different look and feel when holding it in one's hand despite the fact that it looks so much like a Mobius in the photos.

Last edited:
without even getting into development and tooling costs the hardware cost will be over double that of the Mobius, it all adds up
wouldn't want to even try to predict retail price, wishing for (way "over due") REALLY good, universal and quality camera platform.

I think the visual resemblance of JooVuu-X to the Mobius has some people confused about actual size of the X. It's quite a bit wider than the Mobius and a tad longer with a lens barrel that is a slightly wider diameter than the camera body.

The Mobius is 34mm wide x 18mm tall x 58mm long (60mm in length including the "A" lens) (68mm in overall length with the "C" lens)

The JooVuu-X will apparently be 42mm wide x 18mm tall x 60mm long + 12mm extra length for the lens barrel which appears to be about 22-24mm in diameter.

So the JooVuu-X should have a different look and feel when holding it in one's hand despite the fact that it looks so much like a Mobius in the photos.

The look is similar as stated, but thats where it ends. There's a limited selection of form factors you can chose for a camera for what we want to do with it. We chose this form factor as it allows us to achieve what we want it to achieve. The firmware, hardware, and love that goes into this camera is completely different ;).

As we stated we want the beta testers to give more updates from now on on the actual camera. They should have them in their hands around July 6th-July 8th.

Getting close ;)

Kind regards,

Dan

As a dedicated Mobius guy I think the form factor is just fine. I think the size is fine too. I posted the measurements because some of the remarks I've seen about this camera seem to imply that some folks think it's physically a "clone" of the Mobius.

I have a question that I don't think has been addressed yet in regard to the X. As a dash cam, what mounting options will be available for the JooVuu-X?
It has an integral 1/4-20 threaded tripod mount which is a huge plus and this opens up many possibilities but will the camera be supplied with windshield mounts of some kind?
It would be cool to eventually see a windshield mounting scheme for this camera that is as innovative and advanced as the camera itself.

the reason you see so many cameras that use common mounts is the cost to make a new mount design often exceeds the cost of making the camera housing, they're a lot more difficult to make

the reason you see so many cameras that use common mounts is the cost to make a new mount design often exceeds the cost of making the camera housing, they're a lot more difficult to make

Well, with a camera that has had this level of forethought and development it seems reasonable to expect that the mount would get some sort of attention........or a mention at least. :)

So often the mount seems like a weak point in otherwise well designed cameras. In my view the Panorama is a good example of this. Never liked the mounts on this cam. I guess your explanation explains that shortcoming. I do think a decent, stable, and stealthy tripod style windshield mount with good aim-ability would a worthwhile product to develop that would be marketable for more than just the JooVuuX and therefore a good investment.

the mount is often a weak point, it's quite a challenge to do well

Yes, that's why I hope someone addresses the problem. Like I said, if it were a more universal tripod mount type it might be a worthwhile product to develop. Indeed, I do find I like cameras with a standard tripod screw mount for the vast number of ways they can be mounted.

Yes, that's why I hope someone addresses the problem. Like I said, if it were a more universal tripod mount type it might be a worthwhile product to develop. Indeed, I do find I like cameras with a standard tripod screw mount for the vast number of ways they can be mounted.

aren't there already a number of decent mount options for the Mobius though?

With this shape A simple sheet of steel folded / foldable at an angle glued to the windshield + a slide in cradle or tripod screw would be perfect for a DC

My concerns would then be for the one who are having vibration in their windshield.

For them the best will be to stick the cradle against their ceiling lining.

As already said in this thread I would realy love to have pin contacts on the body & cradle (eg SIM size) combined to a tiny sticky mount using a standart TTL flash craddle to slide the folded mount in. This would facilitate the DC switch between vehicules and reduce usb cable problems.
In this design, to avoid wires, I would use "sandwhich aluminum plates" beveled in 6 rows on the bottom side. each "row" acting as a wire between the craddle & the sticky TTL mount (were the actual usb plug lies).

I realy don't think this would cost a lot as it is les complicated than the Mini0806 mount. (and a version of the mount including GPS antena could also be done whithout wire/soldering issues)

Last edited:
I have a question that I don't think has been addressed yet in regard to the X. As a dash cam, what mounting options will be available for the JooVuu-X?
It has an integral 1/4-20 threaded tripod mount which is a huge plus and this opens up many possibilities but will the camera be supplied with windshield mounts of some kind?
It would be cool to eventually see a windshield mounting scheme for this camera that is as innovative and advanced as the camera itself.

We have a design that we believe could be a game change for mounts. However, as we are restricted by money we can only get the designs together and not the funding. This mount we believe could really be a game changed. It allows the mount to get incredibly close to the windscreen and should virtually reduce vibration to 0.

This is something we are actively working on.

To begin with the camera will either come with a sticky mount, suction cup, or magnetic sticky mount.

Cheers,

Dan

I think the X have a regular camera screw mount this far, so i am thinking how about a screw with a neodynium magnet as a head that screw into the camera, and then a pice of fairly thin metal ppl can bend to a angle they need for ther windscreen, and then a pice of double sided tape.

Offcourse that pice of metal still need to have dimentions for ppl to be able to bend it, and still be in sync with vibrations of the car.

We have a design that we believe could be a game change for mounts. However, as we are restricted by money we can only get the designs together and not the funding. This mount we believe could really be a game changed. It allows the mount to get incredibly close to the windscreen and should virtually reduce vibration to 0.

To begin with the camera will either come with a sticky mount, suction cup, or magnetic sticky mount.

Cheers,

Dan

Crowd funding?

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks for the excellent answer to my query! Hope to see the innovative "game change" mount come to fruition at some point in the not too distant future.

Crowd funding?

Thanks for the excellent answer to my query! Hope to see the innovative "game change" mount come to fruition at some point in the not too distant future.

Sadly not enough people are interested. We would need about 18000usd minimum on an MOQ of 1000. But we prefer doing it at a lower price and ourselves rather than making all the money up on the first run.

It should read game changer hahaha. It certainly will be a new invention and should solve a lot of problems. Once we have got enough money we will release the designs.

Cheers

Dan

Hi everyone,
Just a few hours to go to sign up for the beta testing at www.x.joovuu.com. We'll be announcing the winners at 20:00GMT (BST) today. You have up until 19:59 to sign up!

Cheers,

Dan

Hi everyone,
Just a few hours to go to sign up for the beta testing at www.x.joovuu.com. We'll be announcing the winners at 20:00GMT (BST) today. You have up until 19:59 to sign up!

Cheers,

Dan
Lets see, if lucky I am! o_O

Back