JooVuu X Camera

\o/ wohoo ! :-D

If I lived in the same country as one of them and if Dan had agreed, I would have been glad to share my beta item with one of them to make tests I would have missed or been not equipped for! ;-)

Last edited:
Never mind, the alpha testers are there as the freebe junkies too :D

I made the list too as #5, now i just hope my rubbing on the lucky boots have worked a little in regard to my lotto ticket from saturday :)

PS. Dont ask why my nick from here wasent on, but first part of mt e-mail is, and my inbox confirm this.
And be assured i have room on my windscreen and rear window + a lot of RC stuff so the X cam will get a good workover here, and i will UL a lot of RAW footage for ppl to gobble up.

Looks like one familiar name, @CheckYourLights made the list.
I'm always excited to get more information out about new hardware so I'm glad to end up getting picked for this.
I'll be sticking it in the car, on my hat, and anywhere else I can get it to stay within reason.

I assume you had to apply, which I did not. I am excited to try the cam when it comes out for sure. I'm sort of backed up with several cams and work (I "finished" testing the eCell focus blackbox few weeks ago and haven't had time to get the review up), but will definitely try the final product.

Remember, in the future we don't blame joovuu, we blame beta testers:p
If they do a good job and find all the faults and problems then they get blamed for the delays in getting the product released, which of course aren't their fault.

If they do a bad job and the product still has unreported faults or is difficult/not obvious to use at release then they should be blamed, but probably wont be.

Nope-,
We'll blame lucky testers still! :P

Hi everyone
Sorry for being quiet after the announcement just had some stuff that had to be taken care of.

Anyway, let me first of all say congratulations again to all the beta testers. We're super stoked and psyched to get this ball finally rolling.

Let me clarify this now: If the product is bad - JooVuu takes the blame. No one else. Us and us only. If the product is good - the beta testers should get the credit as they will have helped to improve it massively.

Some people have PM'd and commented about that they would like certain people to have been a beta tester etc. First of all, I felt it would have been unfair to advertise this as random selection and then select people, as not only would it have been a d*** move but also wasted peoples time and broken that trust between JooVuu and you guys. Second of all, it's not like we have not thought of this ;) we intended to give about 5-10 reviewers on here early copies regardless if they were testers or not and we will do that regardless. I know we are a pretty open company but sometimes even we hold things back.

The camera's are being finalized now and we should be dispatching them soon to the beta testers and as soon as they have them I'm sure they will keep you updated. We'll also be using our forums far more, and be properly opening up the blogs so more in-depth information can be posted. If you would like to know any specific please let us know and within reason we will answer (PCBA layout etc and other hardware 'secrets' will obviously not be revealed).

We do think quite far ahead and even we do have to keep a few things quiet, and we are aware of how much trust people put in reviewers on here, however, we're also about fairness and giving people chance and that's what we have done we believe with the testers.

Anyway, as usual any questions just hola.

Dan

PS/Edit: Forgot to add, pricing and release date will be announced around mid-late July on our new website which will be going live soon.

Last edited:
I personally think it's a bit of snobbery going on from the people who thought certain members should get picked. Everyone deserves the same chance and Joovuu decided fairly and openly without any wink wink nudge nudge stuff going on. To PM Dan and say certain members should be testers is just rude. This forum seems very 'clicky' at times

close to the top they have a special handshake, dress peculiar and meet in darkened quarters of town....

Five were picked out the hat so "trust wasn't broken"

but 10 were always earmarked and revealed after the draw :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D

so the "trust wasn't broken" :D:D:D:D:D

This post will self destruct or vanish in due course !!!! seriously..

clickety click ..

close to the top they have a special handshake, dress peculiar and meet in darkened quarters of town....

Five were picked out the hat so "trust wasn't broken"

but 10 were always earmarked and revealed after the draw :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D

so the "trust wasn't broken" :D:D:D:D:D

This post will self destruct or vanish in due course !!!! seriously..

clickety click ..
Looks like you had too much coffee... hyper happy... ;) :D x 10000.

well a old man should know better, same should the old lady i yelled at today, "yellow mean stop,and you should be old enuff to know that"

The boots i was polising before the draw was my illuminati boots :cool: with the right kind of rub you are assured to win.

I read that some people think it’s a weakness that you don’t have much experience, but that can also be a useful, since it can exposed “not user friendly “.

Instead, if people have a knowledge to weakness in the Ambarella A7LA75, iphone, Android, wifi or whatever it could be.
Put a line with your request and I am sure that the test people, will do their best to check it.
That will make everybody a winner and that should be the power of this forum.

I personally think it's a bit of snobbery going on from the people who thought certain members should get picked. Everyone deserves the same chance and Joovuu decided fairly and openly without any wink wink nudge nudge stuff going on. To PM Dan and say certain members should be testers is just rude. This forum seems very 'clicky' at times
oh it is clicky, but at the same time dashcams in the US are still somewhat niche, with a very small devoted community. most of dashcam "culture" in north america is just people enjoying watching dashcam vids, will many people still haven't made the plunge to buy their own.

I can appreciate why people might think that certain members might be more beneficial to have helping to shape the product, you do need a mix though, sometimes experienced users can take things for granted that a novice might stumble on so it's important to have some people that are maybe not so tech savvy as well, we do the same with our stuff where we give them to a wide range of users for feedback, a lot of that happens outside this forum

For the most part if you're on this site you have an interest in these products so everyone is equally as capable of providing feedback, even if some aren't as verbal as others, keep in mind @JooVuu did mention they'd be adding other users outside of this and I'm sure Dan is switched on enough to know where and who he can get value from when the time comes

Last edited:
Back