JooVuu X Camera

nobody ever opened a big company, we have to get there bit by bit as resources allow

"Rome ne fu pas faite toute en un jour"
=
"Rome wasn't built in a day"

But Herculaneum was destroyed in one day.

personally I think if you have such a sure fire hit why won't you invest your own money building it, plenty of respect earned by doing it on your own, win lose or draw at least you're giving it a go
Just being able to recognize the importance of these points speaks volumes in itself :)

joovuu..

are you saying a more balanced conversation, healthy debate and freedom of speech should be put aside ???

Yes in this thread I am as it is now not really linked to JooVuu X and I would like to keep this thread based on JooVuu X.

Kind regards,

Dan

Yes in this thread I am as it is now not really linked to JooVuu X and I would like to keep this thread based on JooVuu X.

Kind regards,

Dan
:)

You gotta do, what you gotta do.

And sometime you just have to pull the plug. For the peace.

Very glad to see the day getting closer, I cannot wait to get the final details and see some real life footage! I'm a camera geek and know it so I like to read and see what they all can do and I'm hoping for great things from the X cam.

id much rather have a regular everyday user beta test than an experienced seller/manufacturer any day...

Manufacturing progress and constant "flow" on new products (including improvements) makes whole scene rather volatile and fast evolving. JooVuu done well to involve independent testers, without up to date comparisons, analysis and experts on this site we'd be having whole few years back in "dark ages" as when it was absolute lottery if to pay over the odds or what rubbish people had to use.

I am sure even a regular person will be able to tell if he would feel cheated paying xxx dollars for a product.
Sure the beta testers dont pay for the pleasure, but i am sure they will voice ther opinion on everything including the price when its is announced, and i think most ppl are able to compare quality Vs price and have a say about that.
It could be the X cam is just a modest performer, and thats okay if the price refelct that too, but i dont think thats what joovuu aim for :cool: so i am exited too see where the PQ end and the price that in my view must reflect that.

Sure a very experienced person might add a extra level to that prelaunch debate, but i think its the common man joovuu have in mind, and then work toward the elite users liking the product too.
But it must be a balance between devlopment & production cost Vs the product price and the fan base ( sales numbers )

Without having the product in hand, what have gotten me exited is the size and the 1080P / 60 fps, the rest i will have to evaluate when i have had a chance to play with the product for a while.

When its all said and done rest assure i will have a opinion on the X camera, and i will not be affraid to air it :)
Just like i have a opinion about a lot of other dash and action cameras, even some i have not tested myself but formed a opinion on from the experience of other users in here and RAW footage i have seen.
Offcourse things i have not tested myself i will just have to say " based on what other ppl say and the RAW footage i have seen" Vs i feel so and so about XXX cuz i tried it and thats how i feel about it.

I will make sure that there will be plenty of RAW footagee for use by the ppl who would like to form ther own opinion based on RAW footage, and joovuu i am sure as myself hope they will pitch in so we can get a progressive curve and get the very best out of the X camera.

When its all said and done rest assure i will have a opinion on the X camera, and i will not be affraid to air it :)

I'm happy that you're a Beta Tester. We can rely on you to say what you really think. That you already own some good DashCams gives you benchmarks against which the X may be compared. I hope you're impressed by it.

I will even hold it up against my Nikon Dslr video footage :D

I will even hold it up against my Nikon Dslr video footage :D

What if it turn out that you Nikon is "sucks" compare to X camera. ;)
Will you put it on ebay cheap?

No i never sell off my old stuff, some i keep around as spare for a rainy day ( computer hardware ) and other things i just give avay for the sake of giving.

My little sister now drive around with my old Lukas, and i feel quite good about that, and my nephew just got 10 brand new pairs of jeans i have outgrown before wearing them once. ( me loving old jeans, and me suddenly balooning from 80 Kg to 110 Kg )

Just typical me all my life not beeing able to gain weight no matter what and how much i ate, and then suddenly in 1 year explode with +30 Kg :rolleyes:

Just typical me all my life not beeing able to gain weight no matter what and how much i ate, and then suddenly in 1 year explode with +30 Kg :rolleyes:

It calls midlife crisis. :(

Well some of the Kg have gone toward my twiggy arms and legs, but by far most have gone to the belly and my ass.
Actually yesterday i was going thru some of my summer clothes, and suddenly i dont have much to wear on the lower part of me :D T-shirts is allright though allso some of those are too tight a fit now :rolleyes:

Will have to make do cuz ATM all i can afford is to keep a roof over my head and some food in my belly, and that still need me to cut 1000-2000 DKkr into my savings every month, and those savings are gone before the year is over, so by then i will be dumpster diving behind the mall.

Funny thing is i allways used to be able to find a job if i dident have one, but this time that have forsaken me :(

Things will work out mate - maybe you could be the first Danish reseller of dashcams and the JooVuu X?!

Women have saggy boobs, men have saggy belly. :D
Unfortunately it also happen to men. :(:(
Fat_702287_363929.jpg

Please forgive me, if I destroy you appetite.
Ok back to X camera.

Back on topic....

I appreciate this is a massive investment for a small company and I believe it was an ideal opportunity for some one with vast experience to get it right having controlled everything from design to manufacture and eventually to bring it to market now being at the introduction to tester stage...

A year ago when I joined this forum, Techmoan had single handedly trashed the idea that a dashcam could be used for security/parking mode but common sense has finally prevailed and it is now more obvious to others the parking feature is paramount to anyone serious about fitting a dashcam and wanting to further protect their car and property "in view"....

Note > a car spends more time parked "at risk" than being driven....

In 2015 with the development of the dashcam market at the stage it is, and the mass of knowledge designers have of their target market, how can it be possible the parking feature is included more as an afterthought than any real attempt to address the feature with the same effort put into the reat of the cameras features.

I am nothing more than a novice "fiddler", someone who can take a basic camera and add a few auxiliary electrical circuits to get any camera to record when I want and do much of what i want etc...

The one problem I have that I cant solve, is the one problem all owners have ...

Parking mode ..

I don't want to use anything above 32g because of the cost and unreliability and fact that a camera can destroy an SD card on failure as I recently learned...

But I do want to be able save 24 hours on parking mode before a loop over...

The solution is obvious...

All that is required is giving the camera a means to detect the ignition off so it can drop into parking mode and dropping the camera into a user defined selectable frame rate between 2fps and 10fps full 1080...

this allows a 32g card to give 24 hours before loop at 5 fps, 48 plus at 2fps and 12 hours at 10fps and has the advantage of playing back at 30fps to glance through things quickly.

It is that simple ...

( In 24 hours a camera with average consumption draw less than 5AH out of a car battery so any voltage cut off is pointless, time and time again motion detection has also proved to be intermittent and unsatisfactory at best and as for the g sensor you have to ask yourself if you can drive with it on and set up what the heck do you expect to capture of a gentle scuff right down one side, a supermarket trolly, car door bash or someone just vandalising your car )

you probably have designed and brought to market a good "dashcam"....

But it could have been better and offered so much more as a parking/ security camera.

Do I need to review it to pass fair comment ?

I think not .

Last edited:
Back