Memory Cards Confirmed Working/Not Working?

Ok so less than 24hrs of the fully formatted sdcard being in the dashcam. This evening when I went for my 3rd drive of the day it happened again. Start the car, dashcam switches from parking recording mode to regular recording and boom 30 seconds later it stops recording. Hit the record button and it's gone fine past 30 seconds but as history as shown, that's gonna be very short lived. The storage room left on the sdcard according to the viofo app is 142gigs free.

Very disappointed in this whole experience with the dashcam. Absolutely no way it could be the sdcard at this point and I hate to spend money to buy viofos branded sdcard. I shouldn't be having this issue especially if I bought a recommended sdcard by viofo themselves. Again I truly don't think it's the sdcard at this point and I've tried all combinations of things such as even formating the camera itself to factory settings and not touching a single thing, the issue still occurs.

@Kenza750 have you contacted viofo support and put in a ticket # for this yet? I'll be gathering all my info and writing a report to them within 24hrs with all my findings.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
@fooz10 : I did not yet contacted Viofo about this issue. I am facing the exact issues you described. Also today when I took the car for a drive, it started the beep of death after 30sec. Storage room left on the card was at that moment: 105GB.

update: I already saw your next post about the reaction of Viofo.

In that same post, he also said this which my response was based on:

The card was not working fine before, but it seems to be working fine now based on his latest test after he formatted the card.
So he can wait again for a few days and let us know if the situation repeats itself and if the card fails again after a couple of days.

little correction: the card was working fine when took out of the package. After using it in the A229 for a day of 2, it started beeping and the writing speeds were low. then after formatting, the speeds were up around 90MB/s again.

@fooz10 : correct. I also have the white card with blue letters. The card above is not available anymore in the Netherlands.
I am very disappointed in the A229 because of its pickiness with memory cards. A camera should not only work with just 1 or 2 types of cards. how stupid is this? I am definitely NOT buying another Sandisk Max Endurance of whatever other card anymore. What if I buy a Sandisk Max Endurance and it wears out after a year or 2? Should I then again try to find a compatible card? I bought the Endurance Pro card because it was listed as "compatible" but now Viofo says they have a lot of negative feedback about it. Why not just updating the site and explicitly mention the white/blue card is NOT compatible. I will contact the distributor of my camera to see whether I can return it. I am done with this brand. I'm sorry for that because I liked the rest of the camera. I am now stuck with 2 useless 256Gb expensive cards because this da#n camera is not reliable enough.

I definitely agree with the guys over here that are very happy with their camera which is working OK. But I've now had too much of a hassle with this brand. 3rd camera in a row which does not work as it should. it caused me a lot of work to return the devices and change the wiring again and again (because the rear cams using different cabling) etc.

I definitely agree with the guys over here that are very happy with their camera which is working OK. But I've now had too much of a hassle with this brand. 3rd camera in a row which does not work as it should. it caused me a lot of work to return the devices and change the wiring again and again (because the rear cams using different cabling) etc.
I currently have four video recorders from Viofo in use and not a single model has brought me problems with my memory cards.

I currently have four video recorders from Viofo in use and not a single model has brought me problems with my memory cards.
WIth my previous 2 A139s I also did not have any memory card issues (Samsung EVO Plus). this is the first one.... But don't understand me wrong. I really want to keep the camera but when I buy a Sandisk Max Endurance on top of these 2 cards which I already have, then I've spend around EUR 170,- on just memory cards for this purpose (only 1 usable). 230EUR for the cameras + 170 EUR = EUR 400+ is just not a reasonable price for this camera. just my economical decision. EUR400 brings you in a higher segment of dashcams. Viofo had to launch a product which works with the industrial standards. I've never ever seen a laptop/camera/telephone for example which could not handle certain SD cards.

WIth my previous 2 A139s I also did not have any memory card issues (Samsung EVO Plus). this is the first one.... But don't understand me wrong. I really want to keep the camera but when I buy a Sandisk Max Endurance on top of these 2 cards which I already have, then I've spend around EUR 170,- on just memory cards for this purpose (only 1 usable). 230EUR for the cameras + 170 EUR = EUR 400+ is just not a reasonable price for this camera. just my economical decision. EUR400 brings you in a higher segment of dashcams. Viofo had to launch a product which works with the industrial standards. I've never ever seen a laptop/camera/telephone for example which could not handle certain SD cards.
I understand you perfectly, so I always give advice to buy memory cards where they can be returned without problems for at least 14 days after purchase.

That's a thing i didn't think about @Karagandinez . I can send the card back. Just checked on the site of the supplier so i will send it back tomorrow. Thnx a lot. This changes the situation. When they return the money i can use it to get a sandisk max endurance maybe. I will think about what i will do. Thnx again mate.

Last edited:
Who is the supplier of the memory card? If all cards are coming from same vendor that may be the problem. There are so many counterfeits that it is possible for a vendor to get bad cards from a distributor. Have you verified the authenticity of the card. The Sandisk have a serial number on them, are well packaged and ink is excellent on the card and package. Counterfeits usually lack a serial number and have poor printing.
The Endurance Pro came from an authorized Samsung dealer (not the same supplier as my camera). My EVO Plus came with my previous A139.

That's a thing i didn't think about @Karagandinez . I can send the card back. Just checked on the site of the supplier so i will send it back tomorrow. Thnx a lot. This changes the situation. When they return the money i can use it to get a sandisk extreme pro maybe. I will think about what i will do. Thnx again mate.
Definitely wouldn't recommend that you do this.
Yes, Viofo says that it is compatible but this card is not warrantied for dashcam use by the card manufacturer.

Who is the supplier of the memory card? If all cards are coming from same vendor that may be the problem. There are so many counterfeits that it is possible for a vendor to get bad cards from a distributor. Have you verified the authenticity of the card. The Sandisk have a serial number on them, are well packaged and ink is excellent on the card and package. Counterfeits usually lack a serial number and have poor printing.
Possible, but it is doubtful.
Those new blue/white PRO Endurance Samsung cards were released in May of this year. I doubt that there are many counterfeits already running about.
Counterfeits are more likely on old/more established cards, but you made an excellent point.

I've never ever seen a laptop/camera/telephone for example which could not handle certain SD cards
That's exactly why I said it's the camera (firmware) at fault. It should be fixable by Viofo unless they really want to make money on cards.

That's exactly why I said it's the camera (firmware) at fault. It should be fixable by Viofo unless they really want to make money on cards.
Not sure if you have looked at how much Viofo is charging for their memory vs other dashcam manufacturers...But Viofo isn't really making that much.
$69.99 for their 256GB Viofo card vs $55-60 for the equivalent 256GB SanDisk MAX Endurance.

If Viofo really want to make money on cards, they would do like BlackVue and not recommend any other memory manufacturer except their own, warranty it for only 6 months, and charge outrageous prices for them.

1666182572214.png1666182708937.png
1666182650084.png1666182729699.png

If Viofo really want to make money on cards, they would do like BlackVue and not recommend any other memory manufacturer except their own,
Correctly. And they will not need to blush and take the rap for other manufacturers of memory cards.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar A229 / A229 Duo 1
Karagandinez A229 / A229 Duo 8
Back