Mini 0807

My 0806 was working great from the first day.

Good for you but as @PedroN has pointed out, you must not be using the dual SD card feature as it does not work correctly with the latest firmware.

You also must not be using the flip image 180 degree option because while the scroll menu is working correctly for some of the menus, it scrolls opposite for one of the menus with the latest firmware. Some my consider this a small bug but it is still a bug and is confusing.

Also the flip image 180 degrees put stamped text on the area of the screen, as several users have complained, that makes it difficult to see. While some may consider this a small annoyance, it makes this feature less useable then the non flipped mode.

Those of us with noise from vibrating filters do not have a great mini 0806. I am trying to fix this using tape with input from forum members. Still, using tape is not great, even should they fix it in later 0806 because that does not fix mine.

This video shows the filter noise and the unreadable stamped text.

Last edited:
It is not about disappointment, I wrote into the end of my post: can affect the Mini sales.
Most complaints I saw on DCT forum were regarding 0806 and not 0805. And I was very surprised because I was beta-tester for 0806, the things started very well, Rayman and us made a very good team, but the official start of 0806 was not like the team expected. 0805 was released in silence, no beta testers and less complaints from forum users for the final product.
My 0806 was working great from the first day. I can assume that some sellers like JooVuu put pressure on Rayman because they already announced the camera, some of them started pre-sale and some buyers asked for the product paid as pre-sale. So Rayman put pressure on his manufacturing team and released the first batch of 0806 with some problems. And was a big lost for him because @Techmoan refused to review his camera just because of too many problems.
And what was the end? After putting pressure, JooVuu started complaining in public about quality of the 0806 and they announced they will stop selling it. Who is the most affected from all this story? @Rayman.Chan and 0806.

enjoy,
Mtz

HA. Trust me that is sooooooooooooooooooooooo (add about another thirty million o's onto that) NOT how that played out. Please do not drag us into this when we literally have NOTHING (ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, ZERO, NONE, NEIN, LOVE (and any other word to indicate nothing) to do with this. Literally none. In fact let me list you all the things we had more to do with than the release schedule of the 0806:

1) World peace
2) The recently announced Iranian nuclear deal with the 6 nations.
3) Contributing to the cure of AIDS and HIV
4) North Korea's nuclear ambitions
5) The UK leaders debate
6) Your life.

We probably impacted the above more than we impacted the 0806 release schedule so please do not slander us and just lie. We also have a very good relationship with Rayman and Julie so please do not try and create drama/controversy and drag us into something when we literally could not be any less involved.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

PS
Just one more for good measure:

7) The visual artistic direction of the latest Star Wars and James Bond films.

PPS
I hope by how preposterous we are being we are conveying how little we had to do with what you are outlandishly claiming we had to do with? If not I have like another 20 things I can post. Hell I'll even mail them to your address if you want.

...I can assume that some sellers like JooVuu put pressure on Rayman because they already announced the camera
You know what assume really means right?
Ass-u-me.
Makes an ass of u and me most of the time so better stick with the known facts. ;)

When a store is listing some product as presale and the product is not coming from the manufacturer is the right way from store to put pressure on manufacturer. Because buyers which already pre-ordered the product or paid for the product put pressure on the store.
I read post with people disappointed after placing a pre-order. Also I am disappointed with some store which have the product on backorder from one month, my money are into their account. And delayed the shipping from April 1 to April 9 and now to April 20. What to do if on April 20 they will delay me again?

Regarding facts, the first post is not showing us some major upgrade from 0805. Maybe the 128GB support? This was too on 0806, but not confirmed.
If the final specs and design will be different than what is presented right now? Because I hope to really add something new because the upgrade from 0803 to 0805 was not something fantastic. And from that actual description, the same story: I can consider that is some minor upgrade from 0803 to 0807 and the real value is still the OV4689 sensor.

enjoy,
Mtz

When a store is listing some product as presale and the product is not coming from the manufacturer is the right way from store to put pressure on manufacturer. Because buyers which already pre-ordered the product or paid for the product put pressure on the store.
I read post with people disappointed after placing a pre-order. Also I am disappointed with some store which have the product on backorder from one month, my money are into their account. And delayed the shipping from April 1 to April 9 and now to April 20. What to do if on April 20 they will delay me again?
In this case I don't believe the customer was pressuring the supplier, when this product first announced @JooVuu stated publicly on here that they weren't going to stock the product due to many issues with prior models on release and they wanted to wait and see, this would obviously have some impact on customers perception of the product and maybe impact sales, if the reseller wasn't confident in the product what was the customer going to think, I'm of the opinion that MEGtech put pressure on them that everything was going to be ok and pushed them for support, MEGtech is just a sales agent, they will push to get business, that's what they do, not a bad thing if the product is good, when it has issues though, that's another story

Some people will promise you the world, then give you an Atlas

Some people will promise you the world, then give you an Atlas

I remember one of the scams on eBay they had a title something like: "Latest XBox One Brand New Box ...... ". Many people fall for that, bought / paid and received just an empty box and majority could not win PayPal case, because title, description and photo was "A BOX" from Xbox One, people received what was according to the listing.

I remember one of the scams on eBay they had a title something like: "Latest XBox One Brand New Box ...... ". Many people fall for that, bought / paid and received just an empty box and majority could not win PayPal case, because title, description and photo was "A BOX" from Xbox One, people received what was according to the listing.

yeah I remember that also

With all the bugs in 806 i don't trust anymore this cam

What About this camera?

It is not correct to judge the future 0807 or 0809 based on 0806 feedback because 0805 was released at the same time with 0806 and was not buggy like 0806. And if the 0807 will be made by the same factory as 0805 we can expect no problems. People will look carefully at future MEG products. I hope starting with batch 3 0806 to repair the reputation.

Regarding the CD001 camera I see quick release mount, but... a fixed cable? Why to remove the camera from the windshield if the cable is stuck somewhere in the car? Also I see play buttons but no screen. And no info about chipset or CMOS. Too many strange things. At almost that price you can go safer with A118C. If you want much more at smaller size you can go with Street Guardian.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
808 was and maybe still is a famous mini camera. I consider a correct decision from Mini manufacturer to not use the 0808 name.

enjoy,
Mtz

It is not correct to judge the future 0807 or 0809 based on 0806 feedback because 0805 was released at the same time with 0806 and was not buggy like 0806. And if the 0807 will be made by the same factory as 0805 we can expect no problems.

they are all made by the same factory

so a totally unknown cam is the solution?
I don't know? that's my question to someone of you who has experience in this cam.
One thing is clear! that cam is the same as the mini cam in one point..... it is has no brand name...(just some characters)
and you can buy it also in the same chinese webshop as the other cam.
Brands like finevue, blackvue, mio, garmin, lucas, you don't find there
so my point is ....if you see how manny problems there are with the mini serie , maybe there are less problems with the mini cd001
Then would be more value for money because it's cheaper (30 usd) . maybe there are some features more on the mini serie but....
I prefer a cam that's just recording in a good quality (not 4k) with less features and you can trust than a camera with buggy soft bad manufactured (cable gps) etc..

you as manufacturer Jokiin: you know the factory's where this is produced? maybe it's the same?
do you know more about this cam CD001?
regards

you as manufacturer Jokiin: you know the factory's where this is produced? maybe it's the same?
do you know more about this cam CD001?
regards

it's not from the same factory, it looks like a domestic China market product, they generally have no support at all, it's very light on detail so a bit hard to know what it is, you normally find if there's not much detail offered it's because the specifications are not great

Reactions: Mtz
It is not correct to judge the future 0807 or 0809 based on 0806 feedback because 0805 was released at the same time with 0806 and was not buggy like 0806. And if the 0807 will be made by the same factory as 0805 we can expect no problems. People will look carefully at future MEG products. I hope starting with batch 3 0806 to repair the reputation....

I had an 0805 and it was faulty. I replaced this with another and this is perfect. They must've sold tens or hundreds of thousands worldwide and some are going to be poor, it's a simple fact of manufacturing.

Back