Mini0801 custom firmwares

Got it working now, was me being stupid, had file extensions hidden so was calling it firmwareblahblahblah.bin.bin! Doh!

Working great mate thanks very much for doing it.

Looks great! plan on doing the same with my boot screen on the navigation in the truck.

Thank you so much Tobi@s!
I've set up my android dashboard to show the splash screen at the same time as the mini0801. And when the mini0801 is up and recording, the dashboard cuts off the splash screen and goes to the homescreen at the same time as the mini0801. It really makes the car look much more integrated.

49v9.jpg

Thank you so much Tobi@s!
I've set up my android dashboard to show the splash screen at the same time as the mini0801. And when the mini0801 is up and recording, the dashboard cuts off the splash screen and goes to the homescreen at the same time as the mini0801. It really makes the car look much more integrated.

49v9.jpg
Perhaps off topic, but what exactly is your android dashboard? Is it a custom project? Using a tablet?

Perhaps off topic, but what exactly is your android dashboard? Is it a custom project? Using a tablet?
Glad you guys like it so much

Anyways, yes it's a custom project using an Android tablet exactly, using a Nexus 7.

If you'd like more information about my install, here's my project thread at the Toyota forums. Do note, I had made many tweaks not noted in the guide because I'm lazy (yes, I've made the navigation buttons black, so it doesn't have half cut buttons anymore). But yes, that's how to throw in a Nexus 7 in a Corolla.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1...2008-corolla-nexus-7-tablet-dash-install.html

I've tested also.
But when I push OK, UP (Voice OFF) and DOWN (Lock the vid) buttons, sometimes it freezes, sometimes triggers STORAGE IO ERROR.

My card is a poor 8 GB CLASS 4 but when my firmware was the .TS one and never had any errors.

What do you think?

Edit: I thought it was recording but my card is empty. Oppsss...

@Tobi@s, thank you very for putting this together. The toyota logo looks great btw. However, its having the same issue as with @carkcibasi where it sometimes freezes (only way for me to get out is to long press power button), gets storage IO errors. Can you please possibly recompile on 20131202 version+GPS+External Storage? seems like that fixed it. Appreciate it.

I'll do it when I'm at home.

At least we now know that the internal version wont operate on an external mem device like it should.

At least we now know that the internal version wont operate on an external mem device like it should.

I was with the engineers of this model today and they specifically stated that the internal memory version required a different firmware to models without even though the same main board is used either way

Thank you. Yeah, when you get the chance..not in a hurry. I reflashed it with @carkcibasi 's mod one and works fine so far. Again thanks

Ok I'm going to try and use the 20131202 firmware provided in Tobi@s's signature (MPH only + GPS + External card) for my JADO D169. Hope it doesn't brick it. The JADO has GPS but no internal, so I can't use the provided links for the 20131230 firmware.

I was with the engineers of this model today and they specifically stated that the internal memory version required a different firmware to models without even though the same main board is used either way
Interesting.. Probably the access to the internal slot is hardcoded and doesn't check if there's actually a card inserted. That could explain the mentioned Problems...

Ok I'm going to try and use the 20131202 firmware provided in Tobi@s's signature (MPH only + GPS + External card) for my JADO D169. Hope it doesn't brick it. The JADO has GPS but no internal, so I can't use the provided links for the 20131230 firmware.
Well.. You could ask JADO for the latest binary :D

f481.jpg

zh1k.jpg

@Tobi@s Works flawlessly. All buttons works. Recording is ok. Thank you very much. :)
@carkcibasi i think your Mini is kaput and i can pay 5 USD :D

@Tobi@s hi again,
Could you please prepare it for Renault with sound, with GPS, no internal memory? :)

Yea sure, will do it when I'm home from work

Give me one of your cars and I'll do it :p
Just joking

I wish but they are not mine . My friends saw firmware with logo you made and they wants now :D

Trying to update the firmware right now but all I'm getting is the message "USB CONNECTING" on the screen. Nothing else happens.

Trying to update the firmware right now but all I'm getting is the message "USB CONNECTING" on the screen. Nothing else happens.

What steps did you do? Are you doing the update using your microsd card?

What steps did you do? Are you doing the update using your microsd card?
I formatted the SD card as suggested, moved the .BIN file onto it, put the microSD back into the JADO and plugged it into the PC's USB port. The JADO turns on, then goes to a blue screen reading "USB CONNECTING" and it just stays there forever. I've tried multiple times but always get the same result.

The only thing I can think of is to rename the .BIN file. It's currently named "20131202-GPS-1CARD.bin".

Back