Mini0801 custom firmwares

Swapped them, thanks for the info ;)

I'll try to address the problem.
Anybody know why, when I download Mini 0801 Firmware 20140116, I can save it to Desktop as a .bin file that says it opens with Internet Explorer. But when I try to open it, it keeps
snaping back (do you want to open file, do you want to open file, over and over. It goes nowhere. I know nothing about Computers, Firmware or any of the other stuff you folks are talking
about. But I have the Camera with Firmware 20131026. I bought it from Amazon with GPS and Internal Memory . Since I got it the Samsung 32 Gigabyte, class 10 External card I bought
with it only works until it is full, then it stops working until I Erase the files or Re- Format the card. Can someone talk real slow and explain to me how and where to download 20140116
and then in detail how to install it onto this #%**@ Camera so it will work as advertised and also show the speed in MPH. Thank to the tenth power in advance..

The bin file won't open, just copy the bin file to an empty memory card and turn the camera on with it in and do the update

So I can put the same 32 gigabyte card I've been using into the computer and drag the bin file into it, or do I Re-Format it first (You did say empty?) Then put it in the camera and the camera will take over? Sorry for the double dose of stupid but I'm a slow learner apparently. I'm probably messing up this website trying to figure out LIKE /REPLY /HAVE A CONVERSATION ETC. Sorry about that... Thanks.

Thanks jokiin, I did find your reply's by E-mail after I asked the same questions on here.. Ahh.. the Internet. It baffles me.

Well that didn't work. I Reformatted the card in the camera, then I dragged the file on my desktop that says 20140116-GPS-2CARD into the card. The file I dragged in has an Internet Explorer Icon.
Then I put it in the camera, Clicked Format and the little circle spins for a few seconds. Then when I check the Firmware version nothing has changed. There must be a critical step here
that everybody else takes for granted. Duh.. I don't know it.

Maybe the downloaded file is corrupt? Whats the filesize? Whats the extension? And like jokin said yipr using the wrong filenaime

The Icon on the desktop has the E for Internet Explorer/ SIZE 5.26 MB/ BIN FILE/ File Name 20140116-GPS-2CARD.bin/ I dragged it into the Camera folder (Any particular place?)
Then Formatted on the Camera with no change in Firmware # /HOW would I know if the Download File IS CORRUPT. And what would THE CORRECT Filename be since this one does
not work. I really appreciate the help, but you guys are way too smart and familiar with this stuff and the one sentence responses are not making a dent in this thick head of mine.
What I know about this stuff you could hide in a peanut shell and have room to spare so have patience, and if you have the time, try to explain it again Please.. Thanks.

The Icon on the desktop has the E for Internet Explorer/ SIZE 5.26 MB/ BIN FILE/ File Name 20140116-GPS-2CARD.bin/ I dragged it into the Camera folder (Any particular place?)
Then Formatted on the Camera with no change in Firmware # /HOW would I know if the Download File IS CORRUPT. And what would THE CORRECT Filename be since this one does
not work. I really appreciate the help, but you guys are way too smart and familiar with this stuff and the one sentence responses are not making a dent in this thick head of mine.
What I know about this stuff you could hide in a peanut shell and have room to spare so have patience, and if you have the time, try to explain it again Please.. Thanks.

I was having the same problem; renaming the file to the suggested file names didn't work either.

Then I realised file extensions were not enabled on the PC I was using.

After enabling file extensions and renaming the file to "firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin" it worked.

So, I think what you need to do is:

1) Enable file extensions on your PC: http://www.pcsnippets.com/tutorials/how-to-turn-on-file-extensions-in-windows-7/8
2) Copy the .bin file to your formatted card
3) Rename the file to "firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin" (without the quote marks)
4)Make sure the camera is turned off
5) Place the card in the camera
6) Turn the camera on
7) After one second or so the camera display will offer you the option to upgrade the firmware
8) If the option above is not displayed, or the upgrade did not take effect, simply turn the camera off and turn on again (this is what I had to do)

Good luck!

ZED, you are the real thing. Took me 90 seconds to get the Firmware updated. Thanks a Million for giving me a logical explaination and the right way of doing it. It's so
simple when someone explains without all the run around. Thanks again... Rockie.

Yup good old file extensions being hidden for your safety by Microsoft. (to try and emulate Apple) Unchecking the box for "hide extensions for known file types" is one of the first things I do on a clean windows install.

hi
all
I received my 0801 dash cam a Christmas gift. It is a GPS with a 32gig external card and no internal memory. I have enjoyed looking through the posts here, and although I am not computer savvy - born in 1952 has a lot to do with it - I have been trying to use the previous posted firmware updates/changes to set my cam up to the way I wanted. I have not found exactly what I want, so was hoping those that know can help me.
I figure the following is the information that is required:
GPS, external card, no internal memory, kph, No sound. And if possible the Citroen logo.
I copied the Citroen Logo file that was on about page 6, and got it to work, but it still had the start up/shut down sound.
Thanks for your help.
Regards from Australia
Bundie

Greetings from sunny Los Angeles!

Does anyone know if there's a forum for RegistratorViewer? Who are the expert users?

I'm having a few problems with it. The most serious is that it won't display any maps. I have performed the remedies suggested, including a full reset of IE. It works fine on the wife's 32-bit PC, but my machine is 64 bit and that may be causing the problem. I hope not.

Greetings from sunny Los Angeles!

Does anyone know if there's a forum for RegistratorViewer? Who are the expert users?

I'm having a few problems with it. The most serious is that it won't display any maps. I have performed the remedies suggested, including a full reset of IE. It works fine on the wife's 32-bit PC, but my machine is 64 bit and that may be causing the problem. I hope not.

First time i use, I had problem with map. So I change to google map with no problem.
Are you change to google map, yet ?

First time i use, I had problem with map. So I change to google map with no problem.
Are you change to google map, yet ?
I'm not able to get any of the maps on the menu with the latest version 5.6.0.3. I emailed the developer (Vadim Kozlov), but he has no suggestions for me.

On further investigation, I discovered that the debug version (5.6.0.2) works OK, and the previous 5.5.0.3 version works OK.

I strongly suspect there is an error in the 5.6.0.3 executable, so I'm using 5.5 until something new comes out. I've got a 64-bit Win 7 machine with IE 11.

I have two cameras and they both have audio issues at high volume. They both record low volume fine but when it gets a bit loud they both crackle and make the audio inaudible, is this a firmware or hardware issue? Would an FW update sort the issue?

Back