Mobius Maxi 4K Action Camera / Dashcam

Chris has normally been fairly responsive in the 9 years I've dealt with him. Selling cameras isn't his primary business, however I'm surprised he hasn't responded within a day.

I've seen some of your past posts and figured the customer service would be good. I do get that with a small business emergencies can happen hence giving him some time to at least acknowledge receipt of my email.

I also understand that even the best of products can fail, so it's not like I'm particularly annoyed about it not working. It's the complete absence of any communication. I was relaxed about the late delivery, despite being charged a fair whack for it, so it now does feel a little rude but I'll keep an open mind.

I've have to start a PayPal dispute to try and get some engagement, maybe get this sorted. But to be honest, the trust is disappearing pretty quick.

UPDATE: Good news, I've now got a response from Chris, apparently the mail servers were down. I did try phoning a few times, but I'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt - it's not exactly a big ticket item so no drama. The camera does tick all the boxes for me so I'll try a replacement. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement so far.

Last edited:
Just to bring this to a close, he refunded instead.

So, the big question is whether or not I can trust another Mobius Maxi 4K from somewhere? The camera is pretty much perfect for my needs, but is it reliable?

So far my maxi 4K is reliable.
My 2013 Mobuis #1 is still working.
My Mobius #2 was unreliable though and broke multiple times.

BTW that no-start happened to me again, Taking the power out - then in, as i always do to fire it up, again didn't work (As its set up to automatically power up). Though clicking the middle power button did start it up.
I guess it might have issues detecting the power change, need to check when it happens again.

I suggest you open it up and see that its wired correctly and securely. From my experience they are pretty simple and sturdy, thats why i doubt it just broke, though it could be a bad apple.
It could be just a bad part (battery).
If you still can't figure it out i suggest you shoot a message to eletoponline365 store on ebay, its the manufacturer, i'm sure he'll give you advice what to check / troubleshoot.

When it seems completely dead, i always trying to get it to power up without the SD card in, when it powers up i know i got it to work.
Try powering up with a cable connected to the PC, and one connected to a power adapter. The data-pins are connected and the camera should recognize it when its plugged to the PC (which might or might not cause it to work).

So far my maxi 4K is reliable.
My 2013 Mobuis #1 is still working.
My Mobius #2 was unreliable though and broke multiple times.

BTW that no-start happened to me again, Taking the power out - then in, as i always do to fire it up, again didn't work (As its set up to automatically power up). Though clicking the middle power button did start it up.
I guess it might have issues detecting the power change, need to check when it happens again.

I suggest you open it up and see that its wired correctly and securely. From my experience they are pretty simple and sturdy, thats why i doubt it just broke, though it could be a bad apple.
It could be just a bad part (battery).
If you still can't figure it out i suggest you shoot a message to eletoponline365 store on ebay, its the manufacturer, i'm sure he'll give you advice what to check / troubleshoot.

When it seems completely dead, i always trying to get it to power up without the SD card in, when it powers up i know i got it to work.
Try powering up with a cable connected to the PC, and one connected to a power adapter. The data-pins are connected and the camera should recognize it when its plugged to the PC (which might or might not cause it to work).

Thanks, I tried everything but it was just dead. I've been refunded and not had a chance to look again yet. The tiny bit of test footage I got looked good though, so I think I'll source another one.

I'm looking for way of providing power only to camera (to use power-on function), based on light double wire cable not heavy USB cable.
How to connect this plug to camera?
I see yellow and red. One is data one is power? Both are power for opposite sides of USB-C pin? Which is which?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 7
Just received my Mobius MM4K with lens A and have been trying it out. My first recording has some faint pink and green horizontal bands/lines that fade in and out at various points in the video. They're visible from edge to edge. Any more experienced folks here have any experience with this?

Recording in 1080p, auto low light off, WDR on.

Just received my Mobius MM4K with lens A and have been trying it out. My first recording has some faint pink and green horizontal bands/lines that fade in and out at various points in the video. They're visible from edge to edge. Any more experienced folks here have any experience with this?

Recording in 1080p, auto low light off, WDR on.

Check that the ribbon cable connecting the lens module to the camera PCB is secure. Carefully remove the ribbon cable by unlatching the connectors and reseat the cable. This may well fix your issue.

For the past few weeks I've been thinking that my MM4K has not been working. Every time it starts to record, it does a double LED flash then appears to shut down. Today I even had it recording in the car in Mode 2 because I thought Mode 1 was faulty.

Only now that I'm looking at mSetup can I see my error. I have the recording indicator set to OFF. So it is recording ok, and the LED indicator is OFF as programmed. I just assumed it was a camera issue, rather than user error :banghead:

The Maxi 4K is not kind to batteries. One of my batteries is completely dead, another one was becoming swollen so I swapped it for a new battery today.

My Maxi have also eaten a few batteries, actually i just have 1 battery left small enough to fit in there, contemplating if Mobius 1 capacitor pack will work in there.

contemplating if Mobius 1 capacitor pack will work in there.
Hmm, I think you need the bigger 4-pack capacitor for the Maxi

Yeah could be never looked into it really, ill probably just replace it with something else, so ATM i do not have a zoom camera on the windscreen, or side cameras for that matter.

How long do you have the battery MM4K?
As in how short it took the battery to die?

How long do you have the battery MM4K?
As in how short it took the battery to die?
I have been using one MM4K occasionally since Jan 2021, and a second one since July 2021. Neither of them have been in regular use as a dashcam.

So i guess its not regularly sitting in your car.

I got my MM4K start of December 2022.
I have been using it x2 a day, ~60 minutes each time, and recharge fully after each time. 5 days a week.
So far so good.
Its supposed to be a lipo battery.
The battery version MM4K has a connector, they said the capacitor MM4K version has the capacitor soldiered directly to the PCB without a connector.

So i guess its not regularly sitting in your car.

I got my MM4K start of December 2022.
I have been using it x2 a day, ~60 minutes each time, and recharge fully after each time. 5 days a week.
So far so good.
Its supposed to be a lipo battery.
The battery version MM4K has a connector, they said the capacitor MM4K version has the capacitor soldiered directly to the PCB without a connector.
No, it is not regularly sitting in my car.

Interesting that you run it on the battery then recharge after use. I run my MM4K with an external power supply, so the battery is being used & recharged continuously.

Yes, the capacitor version has the capacitors soldered directly to the board. The battery connector is still there so it could be used in theory.

Received my Mobius Maxi 4K today, read the tiny manual, installed mSetup and changed the settings to the desired. All is well so stuck it on charge.

It's now completely unresponsive and won't power up. Green light still comes on when charging but won't power on whether connected or not and no longer visible in explorer (obviously). Reset button does nothing.

Not a great start Mobius.
This happened to me with the MM4K supercapacitor. The first camera I got in October 2021, worked only for 3 months then it started acting strange. I contacted the retailer on Amazon regarding the issue. I received a brand new replacement from China and the camera won't even power up right from the get go. I was really disappointed. I did not bother sending it back. Clearly Mobius has a big problem with this new camera.

Searched all over the internet and can't seem to find a solution.

I have two Mobius cameras. One for the front and back. For some reason, the rear camera is not saving the parameters I set up on MSetup.exe

I've reformatted the card, rest firmware, uploaded different firmware but to no avail.

Hmm, very strange behaviour.

I'd suggest first you try a different SD-card, just to check if it does save settings using another SD card.

Back