Mobius mounting solutions

This was my initial setup; the 3M tape that came with it was pure garbage so had it mounted with 3M outdoor mounting tape. It has Tamrac zipshot quick release mount. Recently I purchased the right angle adapter and using another metal mount that sit further back and below the RVM. No recent pic but used these with 3M tape. All metal construction which is nice (minus the knob that's plastic).

Yes there's nothing discreet about mine but I think it creeps people out whenever they're walking by it lol.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B000IDCDZY
CIq5rVD.jpg

That blue thing is on the way tho

That blue thing is on the way tho

Ya I don't have it on that any more; another mount to the left with an extension. Works for now. I want to get the wide angle version for the front and move this current one in the back.

Ah you beat me to this. After reading the whole thread for last 2 hrs I figured out is a helmet mount. And placed an order here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/201097270783
Now I gotta figure out the domed nuts to replace. I wonder if earlier in the image the poster had to cut the screws or just unscrewing the big knob in enough to replace it with the domed nut
As seen here

Before:

9fa70e143a68862d06dc2288d63e12ce.jpg

After:

854870977174c42f28c66c6a369fb4ee.jpg

Using original bolt cut down to size, a M4 nut, and the domed M5 nut cover from my previous post.

a42e2aea259dfd9ee507de9f461ed360.jpg

Hi guys, yes it's the altered Mobius helmet mount but I have replaced the normal screw That holds the Mobius to the mount with one of these smaller ones so that I could spin round and reverse how the camera is mounted with the mount to get a better angle against the windscreen.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331470616435

I would use liquid electrical tape after you tighten the self locking nut and it is in the correct position. Liquid electrical tape (like plastidip) flows to cover whatever you put it on. Being black you would conceal that nut and bolt. Removal is easy as it mostly pulls off a smooth surface. You may want to use liquid electrical tape for your electrical connections to make them waterproof depending on how you go from 12v to 5v usb..

EDIT: You could go to a car parts store and pick up a vacuum line cap that would work. It would be black rubber and you can find a size that will fit over the nut.

Last edited:
Has anyone found mounting a mobius on your rear view mirror or mirror stalk with 2 moving ball joints problematic? I can see the cam being thrown completely out of position when moving the lever to dim the headlights behind you at night. Is this a real problem or not? If my rear view mirrors only had one joint at the mirror itself this probably would not be a problem.

Has anyone found mounting a mobius on your rear view mirror or mirror stalk with 2 moving ball joints problematic? I can see the cam being thrown completely out of position when moving the lever to dim the headlights behind you at night. Is this a real problem or not? If my rear view mirrors only had one joint at the mirror itself this probably would not be a problem.

Mine's mounted that way on post #498 this thread. Wife is 8" shorter and have no problem. Car's a '09 Corolla.

Hi all,

Fitted mine yesterday afternoon and finished it off this morning. So here's some pics of my install....

image8_zps8ac091a1.jpg

image4_zpsb303a4b3.jpg

image3_zpsb82bae32.jpg

image6_zpsd26c71b9.jpg

image1_zpsce912755.jpg
Can you post a link to the product used in the first image ?

Back