Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Is this possible? Can MD mode setting be part of the mode button sequence?

i.e Video mode 1 > video mode 2 > picture mode > Motion detect mode

If only 3 options can be programmed I'd be happy to loose video mode 2 option, does anyone use this?

Take that as a no :confused:

Another quickie, has anyone got a Class 6 Samsung card running ok in there Mobius?

Take that as a no :confused:
I was waiting for the master @Isoprop to answer. He would be the only who could truly say if it's possible since he is part of the development team.

I have heard of real Samsung Class 6 cards being OK. Remember cards are hit and miss unfortunately

I was waiting for the master @Isoprop to answer. He would be the only who could truly say if it's possible since he is part of the development team.

I have heard of real Samsung Class 6 cards being OK. Remember cards are hit and miss unfortunately

Thanks. I did quote isoprop in another thread but he never responded to that one either :)

Just wondered re the card as I found a cheap deal on Amazon :)

Thanks. I did quote isoprop in another thread but he never responded to that one either :)

Just wondered re the card as I found a cheap deal on Amazon :)
PM him, he is very busy on many forums. Keep in mind he is a volunteer

Unfortunately, I'm not part of the development team - if you are referring to the firmware.
Besides checking all the forums and modifying the GUI and testing beta firmware and dealing with translations I also have a job to do and was working 19 hours per day last week!!!
Sometimes I just don't have the time to reply to emails and posts and I forget them - sorry if it was your post that I missed.
Now what was the question? Was it about MD? MD is global so it's not possible to define it as a separate Mode. Doing so would require a complete firmware re-design. Many people use both video modes and would be very upset if one mode was 'wasted' for MD. For all these special cases it's well worth obtaining a few separate SD cards and copy individual, read-only syscfg.txt configuration files to them. I use old 1GB or 2GB cards for this. It's not as easy to switch configurations as with using the Mode button, but the system works very well and only takes a few seconds to load a different configuration. Maybe not so convenient for dashcam folks though.....

No one can tell you which cards work and which ones won't. A specific card may work perfectly but the same card from a different manufacturing batch may not. I expect that 99% of all cards work. It's only the exceptions that get reported. I have over 50 cards, old and new, and they all work perfectly. The best cards are class 4 manufactured 2 or more years ago. Kingston have the least problems, Sandisk have the most problems.

Unfortunately, I'm not part of the development team - if you are referring to the firmware.
Besides checking all the forums and modifying the GUI and testing beta firmware and dealing with translations I also have a job to do and was working 19 hours per day last week!!!
Thanks and sorry. We understand when you don't answer. I have been there myself, which was one of the reasons I moved here. In the states, I worked 7 days a week 14-17 hours most days and with a BiPolar boss whose moods changed with the hours :confused: I now work 3 days a week, maybe a few hours a day and funny enough I don't like it. I guess it's a whole grass is greener on the on the side thing I guess.

Quick question regarding resetting the camera, i have a dodgey super cap installed at moment. I want to reset the camera before installing my replacement super cap, can i do this with a super cap installed or will i need to put the old battery in to hold power for few mins after reset? I havent had experience of a reset yet so unaware of what it does or what the camera needs to do. Can i plug it into USB and do it?

There was no reference to resetting in the manual

Just curious. What colour is the light meant flicker when power is disconnected? (Light on top not rear).

Just curious. What colour is the light meant flicker when power is disconnected? (Light on top not rear).
Just disconnected mine from my USB cable to find out for you... Three flashes of red on the top, shortly after disconnecting the cable.

Just disconnected mine from my USB cable to find out for you... Three flashes of red on the top, shortly after disconnecting the cable.

Thanks Hilts, that's Interesting... When I disconnected my old super cap it used to flash blue 3 times. Since installing my new cap it now flashes red.. That's a good start then I guess.

Wonder what 3 blue flashes mean?

My car has a stop-start system that cannot be permanently switched off. I dislike stop-start. At every engine start, I press a button to disable it.

Yesterday I forgot to do so. 54 seconds into a 3 minute clip, the engine stopped. I depressed the clutch pedal. At 56 seconds the engine restarted.

My Mobius B has the capacitor kit, & is set to stop recording immediately that power is disconnected. To my surprise, Mobius just continued recording through this incident. The clip is 3 minutes long, as usual.

Power to the lighter socket was, presumably, not interrupted by the stop-start system, unlike when the ignition is switched off at the end of a journey. Anyway, it saved me the trouble of pulling the power cable from the lighter socket, then putting it back again.

Hi, i'm having an issue with the Mobius camera i use as a dashcam.

When i turn the car key the camera starts recording (engine is not yet running), when i start the engine a few seconds later sometimes the camera stops recording and i have to press the power button to start recording again.I think this is due to a momentary voltage drop when i start the engine but i'm not sure. Anyone else have this problem or knows a solution?

Hi, i'm having an issue with the Mobius camera i use as a dashcam.

When i turn the car key the camera starts recording (engine is not yet running), when i start the engine a few seconds later sometimes the camera stops recording and i have to press the power button to start recording again.I think this is due to a momentary voltage drop when i start the engine but i'm not sure. Anyone else have this problem or knows a solution?
Well known situation
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/unreliable-ignition-on-recording.4216/

Last edited by a moderator:
@J84 Do you use the Mobius with the baterry or the capacitator?

The problem is known when you have the capacitator installed. In your case it should work fine if you have the Power Off setting to "10 seconds" and not Immediate.

From http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28094510&postcount=8823 ...

Originally Posted by xairflyer...
"Is it possible to have more selectable options for each video mode?

I want to use my mobius as a dashcam and also for normal video on my models so will use mode 1 for dashcam and 2 for general video use.

In dashcam mode I would need date and time, audio off & loop recording, but in standard mode I really want the opposite, I could live with date stamp and loop but audio is a big one, as i dont want radio music, people chatting, me sniffing etc while is dashcam mode.

I only have the camera and very impressed got excellent results yesterday trying out dashcam mode, so would really like to use it like this all the time as it will only get used for flying now and again."

Reply by Tom Frank...
"Step 3 FW, the final major upgrade, is being worked on, and it will have more functions like you mention that can be configured separately in the two video modes. But that is still a few months away, I'd guess."

Just wondering if the additional functions will enable us to, say, optimise Video Mode 1 for daytime use, & Video Mode 2 for the night? Would be nice...

Back