Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

New version of lens holders appears to be made from same material per description as it says "will fit new body only" in
Novatom's description.

It even says "wider than the previous all metal ones". That tells me this is not all metal anymore.

I'd like to have the Mobius keep recording for 5 minutes after it loses external power (via the built in battery). The mTools program only allows me to do so for a limited duration (like 10 seconds) or unlimited duration.

How can I have it changed to something like 5 minutes? I have it connected via car's USB, and in the event of an accident or the like, it doesn't make sense to only have the mobius run for 10 seconds if the car loses power. Futhermore, having the battery deplete on a regular basis by recording all the time after external (car) power is lost doesn't make sense either.

What do you guys suggest?

i have my mobius set to high motion sensitivity and timeout in 3 seconds

the power source from my car turns off after 2 hours and it will keep recording when it detects motion until it shuts down

i have a b lens capacitor mobius

I'd like to have the Mobius keep recording for 5 minutes after it loses external power (via the built in battery). The mTools program only allows me to do so for a limited duration (like 10 seconds) or unlimited duration.

How can I have it changed to something like 5 minutes? I have it connected via car's USB, and in the event of an accident or the like, it doesn't make sense to only have the mobius run for 10 seconds if the car loses power. Futhermore, having the battery deplete on a regular basis by recording all the time after external (car) power is lost doesn't make sense either.

The old machines I have driven keep the power on even after a crash. The only exception I am aware of is some cars will shut the fuel pump off after a crash stopping the engine. I believe that depends on how hard the hit is to activate the sensor that shuts off the fuel pump. Even if your fuel pump shuts off that should not affect your cigarette lighter.

To verify if your cigarette lighter remains active even after a crash talk to your car dealer and ask them. You probably will not really have a problem unless your mobius flies away from the charging cable.

Was unable to find this anywhere. Where exactly would I go to buy one of the cases that go behind the rear view mirror that this guy uses in his video? I was unable to even find out what these are called from Googling. Thanks a million.

Was unable to find this anywhere. Where exactly would I go to buy one of the cases that go behind the rear view mirror that this guy uses in his video? I was unable to even find out what these are called from Googling. Thanks a million.

In the video he calls it a high beam assist cover. A search for that term, or mirror sensor cover should bring up some results.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
If its still winter and lens has issues I am afraid to think what will happen when it will be middle of a summer.

Just so everything is clear, I'm not claiming heat focus issues. I haven't run my C lens for more than 20 minutes at a time yet, so don't know if they exist.

My focus issues are that the top half of the image is out of focus compared to the bottom half, and that the sensor is too tight to focus.

Maybe one of you can find the dimensions for the lens holder.

This metal one is currently selling for US $1.01 shipped.

The distance between the screw holes :20mm
Base diameter: 14MM
Interface M12
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/171568385400

at 8:02 you can see the part number of the cover
There's an even clearer shot of the part numbers at 4:12-4:40 when he mentions what is is called, and the model of the car they're for.

I turn it off manually when at home facing my lock up garage door and when I know it is facing a useless thing, if I think it is facing something usefull( possibilities of capturing a hit and run, etc) then it is better left running till it dies.

@Isoprop is it possible to do metering modes such as average, center and spot?

I couldnt find my good vernier, but a quick measure with my cheap digital one puts the screw holes at ~18mm, and the base diameter at ~14.9mm.

This one looks pretty good.

m2 = 2mm

US $11.90 shipped ( for 10 pieces )

metal-lens-mount-M12-lens-mount-camera-lens-mount-the-CCD-lens-holder-Fixed-Pitch-18MM.jpg

This one looks pretty good.

m2 = 2mm

US $11.90 shipped ( for 10 pieces )

metal-lens-mount-M12-lens-mount-camera-lens-mount-the-CCD-lens-holder-Fixed-Pitch-18MM.jpg
I appreciate your effort in finding replacement modules, however you may be jumping the gun a little, we don't really know if there is an actual problem with the frp module, or if a couple of bad cameras slipped through QC. Although they are cheap enough to experiment with in the meantime.

If you're willing, perhaps start a new thread titled something along the lines of "mobius frp problems" with a spread sheet/table that you can update. We could all list our C lens/frp issues, for example you could include heat focal shift; jammed lens barrel; partially blurred image; vendor purchased from; date of purchase; or anything else you think is relevant.

With some solid information the manufacturer is more likely to take our concerns seriously and rectify any issues.

I appreciate your effort in finding replacement modules, however you may be jumping the gun a little, we don't really know if there is an actual problem with the frp module, or if a couple of bad cameras slipped through QC. Although they are cheap enough to experiment with in the meantime.

If you're willing, perhaps start a new thread titled something along the lines of "mobius frp problems" with a spread sheet/table that you can update. We could all list our C lens/frp issues, for example you could include heat focal shift; jammed lens barrel; partially blurred image; vendor purchased from; date of purchase; or anything else you think is relevant.

With some solid information the manufacturer is more likely to take our concerns seriously and rectify any issues.

Their main focus/market will be mainly RC related. I think the reason they switch to plastic/fibre is to keep the weight down ( bigger battery/ possibly heavier lens C). And heat is not a RC issue.

how to solve overexposure and glare like this on the picture

Back