Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

...I want to go for the Mobius 'C' as my front facing DashCam so the only question is where to order from. I am based in NW England...

Mobius-approved UK sellers are JooVuu, Webbex, Pakatak & Banggood UK Warehouse. JooVuu are in Stockport, so not very far from you?

Last edited:
Mobius-approved UK sellers are JooVuu, Webbex, Pakatak & Banggood UK Warehouse. JooVuu are in Stockport, so not very far from you?
Cheers Guys, ordered from JooVuu.

Can you tell me what a steady red light in rear LED means? Does it mean Mini SD is ruined? Mini SD has been erased, formatted with DOS(Fat) (Fat32 wasn't an option). Nothing works, can't load config to card. FYI I don't have SD slot, I have Expansion card slot, so I bought a mini SD USB plug-in. Thanks.
I don't know whether it's working or not. I created a syscfg.txt file (learned from the manual), dragged that to mobiusmanagr.v2 (2.33), configured mobiusmanager, clicked "Save Config" in each box ("Basic Sett" through "Video Mode 2"), got message settings were saved, Firmware info and Revision info are now printed in mobiusmanager box, was instructed to safely remove camera and "Load Config", pressed blue load button, safely removed, pressed blue load button again,. both times stayed blue, didn't get any success message, so I don't know, guess I'll just keep trying to take videos, see if it works.

what could be the reason for this rattling noise?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By5k74AmcE2VUHBiYnFtUnFldUk/view?usp=sharing
i taped the buttons with the isolating tape and also the mount with several layers of tape so that it fits snug to the windshield sticky part plate
and its not just the noise picture shakes aswell
i tightened the screws holding the motherboard,
when i shake the camera i hear something inside, when i remove the cover ant the capacitor the noise is still there when shaking
i disasembled it and taped the buttons inside but there is still some noise, maybe the memory card slot mechanism?

Last edited:
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but it does say its a 'help thread' :)

I have looked at many of the options out there and decided I want to go for the Mobius 'C' as my front facing DashCam so the only question is where to order from. I am based in NW England but I am happy to order from the world wide interweb if a site is recommended.

Many thanks in advance..

After reading various comments on here I decided to buy direct from the manufacturer in China via their ebay page based upon the fact that they have a very good reputation. I ordered a camera plus a few accessories such as windscreen mounts and cable, and everything was delivered from China in 7 days which I thought was excellent.

Ebay link is http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/eletoponline365/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

For use as a dash cam I would recommend the following:
  • Mobius ActionCam with 32GB micro SD card is £61.83, this is the unit I purchased. Or purchase without the SD card for £45.87 and buy a larger 64GB or 128GB micro SD card
  • Note that there is also a wide-angle model Mobius ActionCam Lens_C which costs slightly more
  • 3 metre charging cable £3.28
  • Universal mini USB car charger adapter (plugs into cigarette lighter) £2.67
They also offer several types of mount onto the windscreen, and note that the helmet cycle is the most discreet once you have modified it.
  • Car windscreen suction cup (if you want to remove it) £3.01
  • Helmet cycle mount (most discreet permanent mount once modified - I used this one) £4.41
  • Car Windshield Mini Tape Mount Holder (permanent fix to windscreen) £3.15
Only other item to buy is the Micro SD card, I think 64GB costs about £44 and records for approx 640 minutes and the 128GB costs about £70 and records for approx 1280 minutes before it records over the oldest footage. Note that you can always press the button to protect the last recorded block of video.

If you plan to hardwire it then you will need a hardwire kit which is approx £15 and a super capacitor to replace the internal battery though this isn't essential, just recommended.

I don't know whether it's working or not. I created a syscfg.txt file (learned from the manual), dragged that to mobiusmanagr.v2 (2.33), configured mobiusmanager, clicked "Save Config" in each box ("Basic Sett" through "Video Mode 2"), got message settings were saved, Firmware info and Revision info are now printed in mobiusmanager box, was instructed to safely remove camera and "Load Config", pressed blue load button, safely removed, pressed blue load button again,. both times stayed blue, didn't get any success message, so I don't know, guess I'll just keep trying to take videos, see if it works.

As far as I'm aware, the steady red LED light at the back of the Mobius means it is recording so all appears to be good.

I highly recommend you watch the TechMoan video review of the Mobius because he walks you through most of the settings and I certainly find watching a video far more informative then trying to interpret typed instructions.

Link to the YouTube video is:

Like I said before, this video review of the Mobius ActionCam is well worth watching whether you are using a Windows or Mac computer.

Ought to mention that I believe Mat from Techmoan occasionally lurks on this forum... :cool:

Can you tell me what a steady red light in rear LED means? Does it mean Mini SD is ruined? Mini SD has been erased, formatted with DOS(Fat) (Fat32 wasn't an option). Nothing works, can't load config to card. FYI I don't have SD slot, I have Expansion card slot, so I bought a mini SD USB plug-in. Thanks.
If you have it plugged into your computer it should be in data mode to transfer data to and from the memory card or for programming your Mobius. It could also mean that the memory card isn't detected or not inserted.

I had my Mobius and card out today viewing the videos captured. Returning the Mobius back to my vehicle and powering it up I got a solid red and solid yellow lights. I was puzzled until I realized that I forgot to put the memory card back into the camera! :rolleyes:

Just an update which might help you out, have just watched the TechMoan review of the Mobius on Youtube and interestingly, he goes through the whole settings and firmware update process at approx 13.40 mins into the video.

The only thing that has changed since his review is that the Mac version of the MobiusManager software has been released so makes it slightly more user friendly than editing the txt file. Is well worth watching the video whether you are a Windows or Mac user.

Thanks Richcam. I don't know what to do. I have on the screen MobiusManager, I configured v.2.33, settings, dragged SYSCFG.TXT to it, successfully saved settings, now the load button is blue, can you please tell me how to load the newly-configured (I guess it's) firmware into the camera? Camera is not plugged in, when it is no-name appears on the screen, FWTLCAM.BIN is not on the screen, the folder that used to hold it doesn't seem to now because when I open it I get only a video the camera took when I was trying to work with it. Therefoe if you or anyone can give avice, I thank you. I have read everything and watched the video, if it is telling me how to solve my issue I do not understand it.

I've never heard of loose buttons on a Mobius but anything is possible. The buttons are micro switches that are soldered onto the PCB so they can't "float" and the button covers themselves are rubber. I guess you could try putting a piece of tape over the buttons and see if that helps? It wouldn't be a bad idea to remove the PCB from the case and inspect it to see if there is something on or near the buttons that may be causing the rattle.

Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Well... I removed the PCB board as you suggested. Just as I thought, the buttons were rattling. The 3 buttons are a hard plastic not rubber on my Mobius. They are all attached to each other, and move freely (float) back and forth slightly in the holes in the cover which I had discovered by gently moving my finger across the buttons Also, they are just setting on the micro switches with no cushioned interface. I could hold the camera up to my ear while shaking it, and hear the buttons rattling. I made some cushioning donuts from double sided foam tape. No more rattle!

http://i.imgur.com/KnUOuwVl.jpg[/img]']

http://i.imgur.com/dNSf2gQl.jpg[/img]']

with my mobius buttons are not the problem, i extracted the motherboard and when i shake it something makes noise, my guess is the memory card slot mechanism, nothing else can be the reason everthin else is fixed

Guys, I have a strange noise issue with my Mobius. Please see the attached U-tube video which is my first u-tube, so bare with me please. I ran an errand today which took 8- 5 min. clips. Only one clip has noises in the audio which appear to be road surface enhanced. However, all other clips are free of this noise even thought the roads in my town are pretty bad, and full of pot holes, etc. All the roads are like this one or much worse, but only this clip has the noises??

I believe I read that the audio noises can be from the buttons jumping around when going over bumps, but this only has happened a few times to me. I heard this about a month ago on one clip, but not again until today on this one clip. Any thoughts??

Have just replayed some video footage from today and have noticed that my Mobius is doing exactly the same and recording those very annoying noises that you recorded on your video, the noises are worse when driving along a bumpy road. Have checked to see if the rear view mirror was touching it but it wasn't, though I noticed the power cable may have been occasionally rubbing on the mirror so have repositioned it. Won't know till tomorrow whether this has fixed the problem.

I've not noticed the problem before, only difference is that when being used as a dash cam on the windscreen, the Mobius is upside down with the buttons facing downwards.

Thanks Richcam. I don't know what to do. I have on the screen MobiusManager, I configured v.2.33, settings, dragged SYSCFG.TXT to it, successfully saved settings, now the load button is blue, can you please tell me how to load the newly-configured (I guess it's) firmware into the camera? Camera is not plugged in, when it is no-name appears on the screen, FWTLCAM.BIN is not on the screen, the folder that used to hold it doesn't seem to now because when I open it I get only a video the camera took when I was trying to work with it. Therefoe if you or anyone can give avice, I thank you. I have read everything and watched the video, if it is telling me how to solve my issue I do not understand it.

Once you have clicked on 'Save Config' file using Mobius Manager app the file should be stored on your SD card, next thing to do is transfer the updated firmware file from the SD card onto the Mobius, you do this by inserting the card into the Mobius, then press the 'Mode' and the 'Power' button on the Mobius camera at the same time, and hold both buttons down until the red LED flashes three times to confirm that the firmware has been uploaded onto the dash cam.

That's it...

Once you have clicked on 'Save Config' file using Mobius Manager app the file should be stored on your SD card, next thing to do is transfer the updated firmware file from the SD card onto the Mobius, you do this by inserting the card into the Mobius, then press the 'Mode' and the 'Power' button on the Mobius camera at the same time, and hold both buttons down until the red LED flashes three times to confirm that the firmware has been uploaded onto the dash cam.

That's it...

I got and clicked on the "Save Config" message when the card was in the camera. I may have followed the button-push instructions then, I don't remember. Maybe the only thing to do is to install it, see if it works, if not try to install the firmware in the miniSD card out of the camera, then put card in camera, do what you say. Thanks.

with my mobius buttons are not the problem, i extracted the motherboard and when i shake it something makes noise, my guess is the memory card slot mechanism, nothing else can be the reason everthin else is fixed
Have just replayed some video footage from today and have noticed that my Mobius is doing exactly the same and recording those very annoying noises that you recorded on your video, the noises are worse when driving along a bumpy road. Have checked to see if the rear view mirror was touching it but it wasn't, though I noticed the power cable may have been occasionally rubbing on the mirror so have repositioned it. Won't know till tomorrow whether this has fixed the problem.

I've not noticed the problem before, only difference is that when being used as a dash cam on the windscreen, the Mobius is upside down with the buttons facing downwards.

I guess I am not the only one with this problem:( I could hear the rattling while shaking the camera near my ear. When holding my finger lightly on the buttons (while shaking), the rattle would stop. Being upside down allows the buttons to be loose in the cover holes. Maybe try a piece of tape over the buttons as Dashmellow suggested. This would hold the buttons still to isolate whether the problem is indeed the buttons. What I still don't get is why it happens infrequently in my case, and only on one 5 min. clip of 8. Prior to this, it's been a month with no noises??

As for the card slot, can you hear the rattle both with the card installed, and without? Maybe you could try wedging a tooth pick beside the card to see if the rattle stops?

Another remote possibility for the noises is the micro switches themselves. I think it's unlikely because they are probably spring loaded. However, when placed upside-down it might change something internally. It's a long shot at best! Plus, another long shot is the inductor cores are rattling?

I will test my button fix today, and report back.

I guess I am not the only one with this problem:( I could hear the rattling while shaking the camera near my ear. When holding my finger lightly on the buttons (while shaking), the rattle would stop. Being upside down allows the buttons to be loose in the cover holes. Maybe try a piece of tape over the buttons as Dashmellow suggested. This would hold the buttons still to isolate whether the problem is indeed the buttons. What I still don't get is why it happens infrequently in my case, and only on one 5 min. clip of 8. Prior to this, it's been a month with no noises??

As for the card slot, can you hear the rattle both with the card installed, and without? Maybe you could try wedging a tooth pick beside the card to see if the rattle stops?

Another remote possibility for the noises is the micro switches themselves. I think it's unlikely because they are probably spring loaded. However, when placed upside-down it might change something internally. It's a long shot at best! Plus, another long shot is the inductor cores are rattling?

I will test my button fix today, and report back.

I tested for the noises today. 8 clips = NO NOISE. Hopefully I have the issue fixed??

Hi,
Do you know whether the new version of C lens is avaiable for purchase? Or maybe developer still working on it?

Write and ask them. They're the manufacturer.
Post back your finding.

Hi All,

Hoping for some help on one of my Mobius's, which is playing up.

Both are the new Lens C.
Purchased within the last month.
Both were working as expected until a couple of days ago.
The one on the left in the video now records and gives webcam output, but the picture is black. As if the lens cap is on.

Camera Details
Camera - Both New Lens C
Circuit Board ID - Both are MOBIUS V6.7 2014 08 09
Ribbon cable ID - Different. Left Mobius (Faulty) is MOBIUS SN FPC 150310. Right Mobius (good) is MOBIUS SE 2014-12-04
Firmware - Both at V2.33 2015/02/04
Bootloader - Both at V003
Battery = Both 820mA, fully charged for testing in the video.

Things Tried.
- 4 different memory cards. All work in "good" Mobius, All show black screen recorded with "bad" mobius.
- Webcam View. As seen in the video. I think this rules out the common memory card issues, as no cards are inserted in live webcam.
- Reflashed firmware.
- Reset with pin.
- Swapped out the lens's with the good and bad Mobius. Lens from "bad" Mobius works fine in the "good" Mobius. And still get the black screen when putting the lens from the "good" Mobius into the "bad" one.
- Tried swapping batteries, no different as expected.
- Checked over both boards top and bottom, nothing obvious seen.

My conclusuions.
- It looks like either a video processing problem on the board, Or the ribbon cable socket on the board.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?
SYSCFG's for both cameras attached.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Grahame.

Attachments

• SYSCFG_BAD_MOBIUS.TXT
    5.7 KB · Views: 11
  • SYSCFG_GOOD_MOBIUS.TXT
    5.7 KB · Views: 3
Back