Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

I have a problem with focusing the Mobius camera.

I'm using the OTG cable to connect the Mobius with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 device. That works half way because the smart device recognizes the Mobius camera. But when I'm trying to get a live view, the problem is that I have to press the Mobius camera button, which I'm NOT able to access, because the Mobius is built in a little housing. :confused:

Do you guys have any solution for that problem? :)

I have a problem with focusing the Mobius camera.

I'm using the OTG cable to connect the Mobius with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 device. That works half way because the smart device recognizes the Mobius camera. But when I'm trying to get a live view, the problem is that I have to press the Mobius camera button, which I'm NOT able to access, because the Mobius is built in a little housing. :confused:

Do you guys have any solution for that problem? :)

Can you bring your custom GPS housing mod inside so you can connect to your computer? I suggest focusing the Mobius on your computer with a standard 5 pin USB-A to mini-B cable using web cam mode if at all possible.

Last edited:
I focus mine connected to HDTV via RCA connection with Mobius connection adapters.

I focus mine connected to HDTV via RCA connection with Mobius connection adapters.

I don't have the RCA connection cables anymore :(

Can you bring your custom GPS housing mod inside so you can connect to your computer? I suggest focusing the Mobius on your computer with a standard 5 pin USB-A to mini-B cable using web cam mode if at all possible.

You're right, that should be the best solution. I'll borrow a laptop of my friend and bring it into my car, that should work. :)

I don't have the RCA connection cables anymore :(

You can buy replacement Mobius Action Cam AV cables for a few dollars. Eletoponline365, the Mobius manufacturer's eBay outlet sells the cables for $4.60 USD. You will also find them at Banggood and from other Mobius vendors.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/181166013424

depends on the playback software you're using if it is set to play all files or not, players such as Windows Media Player by default will just play one file and then stop
I can't admit to being very computer savvy, so I can't even begin to guess/suggest what playback software I am using. I did just re-format my card, and set up the camera with the parameters I wish to use. I will set it back into the vehicle and see what happens. Thanks to everyone for your support...(y)

Back again. Well I can't explain why I was unable to figure out how to play more than one clip (recording) at a time. All I have to do is to highlight more than just one clip before I press play. Two clips, two will play in a row, c/w the overlap. Three clips highlighted, three clips will play, etc, etc. (Brain Fart) :rolleyes:

Back again. Well I can't explain why I was unable to figure out how to play more than one clip (recording) at a time. All I have to do is to highlight more than just one clip before I press play. Two clips, two will play in a row, c/w the overlap. Three clips highlighted, three clips will play, etc, etc. (Brain Fart) :rolleyes:

I`m using Windows 10. When I click on a clip to play I click the `slideshow`on top of player. Screen will go to `Fullscreen` and will play one after another until I click on screen to stop it. Now you may be using a different Òperating System`and a different `Player`.

I ordered camera with super capacitor. Finally found a screwdriver small enough to remove back and install SC.
Does it come fully charged?
I followed instructions in manual - connected to charger plugged into wall socket - yellow light came on - turned unit off as per instructions in the manual - BUT, green light did not come on.
Does this mean it is already charged and ready for use?

I think once the disconnection has happened the small led at the back of the möbius in the top right corner if it flashes 3 or 4 times (I think) it's fully charged but if it flashes 1 then it's low in charge I believe...

I ordered camera with super capacitor. Finally found a screwdriver small enough to remove back and install SC.
Does it come fully charged?
I followed instructions in manual - connected to charger plugged into wall socket - yellow light came on - turned unit off as per instructions in the manual - BUT, green light did not come on.
Does this mean it is already charged and ready for use?

Setup your Mobius with Msetup to "immediate off" when using S. Capacitor. The manual states to precharge unit is meant for battery units. Does not apply to S. Capacitor.
S. Capacitors have enough charge to run RTC (real time clock) and your last clip when switch off, will be charge immediately when power is applied does not have to be pre charged.

Thank you Bungus. I do indeed have Immediate OFF setting already on the camera. So it would seem I am ready to go.

Now another question - have been using camera a few days and when I put my SD card into either PC (Windows XP with VSL program installed) or Android tablet (Marshmallow OS and QuickPik app installed), I can view videos very well, but I cannot seem to be able to see them all, one after another without pausing.
Someone suggested highlighting them before playing and that worked for him, but I cannot figure out how to highlight a specific series and have it play without pausing.
They are saved in .MOV format which I saw somewhere was better than .AVI as WMP sometimes cannot play the saved files well.

I hope this is posted in the right place!

I recently purchased a Mobius M2 having used an M1 for a couple of years. When fitting the M1 to my wife's car today (recycling) I needed to flip the image but using msetup doesn't flip it and neither does modifying the syscfg.txt file. This is true in Mode 1 or Mode 2. I downloaded the most recent msetup and the most recent firmware. The problem is not USB cable or port. Please can someone hint at what I have missed.

I hope this is posted in the right place!

I recently purchased a Mobius M2 having used an M1 for a couple of years. When fitting the M1 to my wife's car today (recycling) I needed to flip the image but using msetup doesn't flip it and neither does modifying the syscfg.txt file. This is true in Mode 1 or Mode 2. I downloaded the most recent msetup and the most recent firmware. The problem is not USB cable or port. Please can someone hint at what I have missed.

I've not encountered that issue. Be sure to remember to hit "Set Parameters" after selecting your settings. That's an easy one to miss once in awhile.

I have "Set Paramaters" whenever using msetup - and checked changes by disconnecting/reconnecting the M1 and re-running msetup. The changes are recorded in the camera but the image orientation never changes.

Odd. I've always ran mine upside-down and the 'rotate 180 degrees' setting has always done the trick. Are you clicking on your cam at the top of msetup before changing settings? Even with the prompt I've forgotten that more than once myself :rolleyes: msetup is comprehensive but it's easy to forget it's quirks i you don't use it a lot. And with he Mobius being so darn reliable I don't use msetup much at all except to format the card occasionally :)

Phil

Phil, all valid but, unfortunately clicking on the camera isn't the problem - you have to select the camera before you can progress to the 180 degree rotate. I too have fitted and forgotten for the last 2 years so I'm sure there's something I've missed.

Phil, all valid but, unfortunately clicking on the camera isn't the problem - you have to select the camera before you can progress to the 180 degree rotate. I too have fitted and forgotten for the last 2 years so I'm sure there's something I've missed.

If possible post screen shot of your Msetup settings. Pretty hard to figure what you've missed. We'll be just guessing.

Gotta be something simple but yeah- more info will help a lot ;)

Phil

Mea culpa, mea culpa. It was indeed something simple! I was changing the 180 degrees in the Misc Settings. When I changed it in Mode 1 and Mode 2 the camera responded as anticipated.
Thanks everyone for your help
Duncan

Back