JooVuu

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
I am from JooVuu (obvious I know), and I just wanted to announce the Mobius Waterproof Case. We have custom made this and built it ourselves and we believe it is a very good product. It is now available for pre-order: http://joovuu.com/gb/home/103-mobius-waterproof-case.html (please read next point for more information!)

Let me give you some details:
1) The product is currently exclusive to JooVuu as we have designed it and made it etc however we are always looking for distributors in other countries. WE WILL HAVE 515 AVAILABLE ON LAUNCH DAY WHICH WILL HOPEFULLY BE 23RD JANUARY. Pre-orders will be distributed on a first come first served basis. This is what is included in the package:
- 1 x waterproof case
- 1 x lens extender
- 2 x spare lens ring seal
- 1 x spare aluminium seal.

1a) The case lens is being expanded slightly as on the standard lens Mobius it was catching the outside of the case lens in the bottom right hand corner. However, this will NOT affect the first run of production.

2) As the Mobius gets quite hot we knew we would need a design to let the heat escape, so we built the entire back end of the case from aluminium. This takes care mostly of the heating problem. Now if you leave it outside, in the sun, on a hot day, in the case for a while obviously it will mess it up, but for normal use it should keep the Mobius at more than a manageable temperature

3) The case will fit both the wide angle and standard lens Mobius. What we have done is included an 'extender ring' on the wide angle lens that means it fits. If you want the standard lens in the case just unscrew the extender and screw just the normal lens on.

4) The quality is virtually identical. We have made the lens of the case out of glass and flat which means there is no distortion or lack of quality. Our first prototype was much cheaper but the quality was not there and as the Mobius is a high quality product it deserves a high quality product from us.

5) The case is IP67 certified (meaning to 30meters it is waterproof). The case as mentioned about has also been tested for heat dispensing and further information will be posted about this later.

6) The case weighs 46grams. This was important to us to keep it as light as possible as if anyone wears one or uses it regulary, you don't want to be supporting something heavy. That means a Mobius and case comes out to 84grams.

7) The case has a tripod mount on the bottom of it (as shown in the pictures) and can be mounted to any tripod screw accessories.

8) The price of the camera will be about £18.60 (INCLUDING VAT) so about £15.50 for those people living outside of the EU or who have a business in the EU who can claim VAT.

9) We are also looking to include a waterproof USB port into the case so people who want to use it on motorbikes etc can place it in the case but still charge it etc. However this will not be released in the initial batch.

10) Here some pictures: (Ps, if you have any questions please ask and I will answer to the best of my knowledge)

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

pic3.JPG

pic4.JPG

waterproofcase1.jpg

Last edited:
This is great! Thank you for designing this. I have a couple of questions:

1. Does the case interfere with the view i.e. cause vignetting with the standard or wide-angle lens?
2. For those of who want to use it outdoors but not in water, does the back of the case have an opening to plug in the power cable?

Thanks!

By the way, you might want to use consistent screws. In the picture there are two kinds of screws -- flathead and rounded.

Thanks alot for this, few questions:
1. what is the price?
2. was it tested to check it is really watetproof?
2. was it tested for heat dipensing?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This is great! Thank you for designing this. I have a couple of questions:

1. Does the case interfere with the view i.e. cause vignetting with the standard or wide-angle lens?
2. For those of who want to use it outdoors but not in water, does the back of the case have an opening to plug in the power cable?

Thanks!

By the way, you might want to use consistent screws. In the picture there are two kinds of screws -- flathead and rounded.
Thanks alot for this, few questions:
1. what is the price?
2. was it tested to check it is really watetproof?
2. was it tested for heat dipensing?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi John Smith,
1) The case does NOT interfere with the new case lens. The outside of the video is not blurred as far as I can tell. I will post pictures later and show you.
2) We are working on a version which has this feature but we have to price it up and check integrity but it is on our radar definitely

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Adi,
1) The price will be about £18.60 WITH VAT (so as you live outside of the EU you will pay £15.50 or about that).
2) The case is IP67 certified so it is waterproof down to 30m.
3) It has been as well. I will produce my own heat tests I'm just waiting for my thermometer I ordered.

If you/anyone has any more questions please ask.

Cheers,
Dan

Is there a way to mount it? For example a tripod mount to stick it on a boogie board or motorcycle helmet in the rain?

Yes, mounting. Very good question! From the unshown surface in the picture, I suspect there is a tripod mount there. I hope this is the case.

Hello everyone,
I am from JooVuu (obvious I know), and I just wanted to announce the Mobius Waterproof Case. We have custom made this and built it ourselves and we believe it is a very good product.
The case looks very professional and well designed. Good job!

Is there a way to mount it? For example a tripod mount to stick it on a boogie board or motorcycle helmet in the rain?
Yes, mounting. Very good question! From the unshown surface in the picture, I suspect there is a tripod mount there. I hope this is the case.

Hi,
There is of course a tripod mount on the bottom. However, on this prototype I'm not sure if it was put in. However on manufacturing there will be. I'll upload more pictures tomorrow.

The case looks very professional and well designed. Good job!

Cheers Isoprop, we think so too and it's taken a long time to get there!

I think it would look nicer to have the plastic elements in black ;)

I think it would look nicer to have the plastic elements in black ;)
Hi Iahim,
We have considered this but our thinking is, on the off chance anything ever does go wrong, you would want to see if any water or anything else had gotten in there. However, if there is demand for this we can always make them black.

Kind regards,

JooVuu.

I was not referring to the transparent part :) Only to the white parts -> ring, clamping things and buttons support.

I was not referring to the transparent part :) Only to the white parts -> ring, clamping things and buttons support.
Hi Iahim,
Ahhhh,
I misunderstood, we can change this easily but it would have to be on the next production run. If there is enough demand we can and will change this.

Cheers,

Hi JooVuu,

It looks very good and I agree that the white plastic parts may be better in black or dark grey. Maybe offer fluorescent colours for those serious underwater users?

I would be buying for use on a motorcycle helmet and I note you are working on a version with a base opening for a power cable. May I suggest a second opening for a microphone cable that I intend to install?

Cases like this usually suffer from steaming up. Have you done anything to combat this?

Also, I'm wondering how easy it would be to operate the buttons wearing motorcycle gloves and the camera mounted on the side of my helmet? When on the helmet, all that's needed is the stop/record button. (I'm not sure what buttons the Mobius has. I ordered one from you on Wednesday for delivery to LA4 4RE and haven't got/used it yet).

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi JooVuu,

It looks very good and I agree that the white plastic parts may be better in black or dark grey. Maybe offer fluorescent colours for those serious underwater users?

I would be buying for use on a motorcycle helmet and I note you are working on a version with a base opening for a power cable. May I suggest a second opening for a microphone cable that I intend to install?

Cases like this usually suffer from steaming up. Have you done anything to combat this?

Also, I'm wondering how easy it would be to operate the buttons wearing motorcycle gloves and the camera mounted on the side of my helmet? When on the helmet, all that's needed is the stop/record button. (I'm not sure what buttons the Mobius has. I ordered one from you on Wednesday for delivery to LA4 4RE and haven't got/used it yet).

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Paul,
The first production run I believe the parts will be in white however that is a good idea and we will look into doing the parts different colours depending on activity. Regarding the back for the USB access, the way it would work is that the USB hole would be waterproof. I'm not sure what you mean about the external microphone? Just access to the back USB?

The buttons are rather large I believe about 7mm in diameter and very easy to press and as such means it should be pressable by people wearing gloves though I have not tried this yet.

For the steaming up - as with any enclosed case, if you take it from lying in the sun to the water it will suffer from steaming up or if you allow moisture to get in there then it will, but our tests have so far shown in normal to more extreme usage no steaming up occurss.

Regarding your order we shipped it yesterday so it should be with you very shortly.

Cheers,

JooVuu

Hi JooVuu,

Thanks for shipping my order. That camera is for a car. I'm not in the market yet for a waterproof case for my crash helmet, but probably will be soon.

I intend to disconnect the camera's microphone and run an extension wire to a microphone inside my crash helmet... that's why I will need another hole to run the wire through. It's no big deal 'cos I'll probably just drill a small hole and pass the wire through with some sort of rainproof seal.

I presently have a Sony AS-15 as a helmet camera and have found that two small holes in the bottom of the waterproof case - one at the front, and one at the rear - allow ventilation and eliminate any steaming up. Rain is no problem and even if any got in due to airflow on a bike, it would just drain away eventually.

Cheers,
Paul

FlyingPanMan, you could drill your own hole in the case for an external microphone.

The first production run I believe the parts will be in white however that is a good idea and we will look into doing the parts different colours depending on activity. Regarding the back for the USB access, the way it would work is that the USB hole would be waterproof.

This case looks like a great solution to a much desired need. Good job!

I would like to add my vote for optional colors as well the possibility to access the USB port (maybe with an accessory back to the case that has an integrated waterproof Mini-USB connector/cable or port).

I've been experimenting with using the Mobius for wildlife observation, so a case with all black details would be more stealthy. A case with forest green trim details would also be cool for this purpose and fluorescent orange or yellow would be of interest to divers and other underwater users . Access to the USB port would allow for longer periods of use and can also be useful for remote activation of the unit if used for wildlife observation.

Well it worked fine for me while we were away - dunked it in a pint of beer, and gave it a swim in the pool and in the sea.

Got loads of footage but here are a couple of clips:

I got a bit closer than intended to that jellyfish when the wave kicked in :D

That Joovuu waterproof case is not waterproof, it has all kind of leaks, too bad and it costs more when your bank converts from USD to Pounds with fee

Return it is a hassle n you pay shipping but the Joovuu will not guarantee in case it lost that means you have to think twice before you buy it and if you bought it then better keep this crap or it'll cost you more to pay shipping back to UK but it goes to no-where unless you send by UPS or US-Mail tracking but still not guarantee because ships to oversea, seems like Joovuu is a one-man-operation store/web

Again the Joovuu waterproof case is not waterproof
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1haRTARTzJ8/Veg-FgkmS9I/AAAAAAAAAAs/dM-4PmFw9Lw/s1600/nowaterproof-2.jpg

////////

Well it worked fine for me while we were away - dunked it in a pint of beer, and gave it a swim in the pool and in the sea.

Got loads of footage but here are a couple of clips:

I got a bit closer than intended to that jellyfish when the wave kicked in :D

Back