nanoQ 0903

Hi

I notice two strange things with GPS stamp and log

On the video overlay the format is 15.08026 5819.5283
And on the log file, format is: 5819.5283,N,1508.0262,E

Should not the correct way be like: 58.xxxxx 15.xxxxx ? Seems like the degree, decimal is wrong.

I've been using the cam for a week, today I download all clips and I notice all my setting was reverted to default, must investigate this some more.

Hi

Should not the correct way be like: 58.xxxxx 15.xxxxx ? Seems like the degree, decimal is wrong.

I've been using the cam for a week, today I download all clips and I notice all my setting was reverted to default, must investigate this some more.
"Seems like the degree, decimal is wrong."
I think the first 2 digits are the degrees, the next two are the minutes, then you have the fractions of the minutes. The degrees and minutes have no separator just as the hours and minutes in the time have no separator, the minutes occupy 7 characters. It is a standard format.

"Seems like the degree, decimal is wrong."
I think the first 2 digits are the degrees, the next two are the minutes, then you have the fractions of the minutes. The degrees and minutes have no separator just as the hours and minutes in the time have no separator, the minutes occupy 7 characters. It is a standard format.
Yes you may be right, I have always seen the coordinates as nn.nnnnn, the case video overlay uses both nn.nnnnn and nnnn.nnnn seems a bit strange.

And using google maps, I can paste N nn.nnnnn, E nn.nnnnn coordinates to search field and get the location, but not N nnnn.nnnn, E nnnn.nnnn.

Anyhow, I may be wrong.

Hi

The log file is correct, the display portion is a bug that was corrected in the later firmware (Not officially released - look for it in this forum)

Rayman , please confirm from our last conversation that the new working revised GPS mount has been posted?

All my details sent via E -mail including contact telephone number for the courier.

PM & Email also sent.

Last edited:
Hi, I am new here. I have ordered mini 0903 cam (eBay - estore009), I have received it several days ago and I have several problems.

My firmware is FW20160316V1.6.

1. I am missing WDR function, estore009 sent me a picture with WDR item in menu. They offer me discount because "We don’t know why. since wdr is not a important problem ..."

2. Same problem with format of GPS stamp in video as rothman. estore009 says "it’s normally, don’t worry."

3. I tried to do firmware update without success. I downloaded new firmware from here (and also tried from here) but without success - it just did not anything (no error messsage, nothing) - still running old firmware. What shall I do?

Thanks

firmware updates are straight forward, can you describe what you did, maybe something wrong in your process

I downloaded 7zip file with firmware and extracted bin file onto root of sd card. Ten I inserted card into camera and turned cam on.

Exactly, but my LED does not blink (I assume that means no firmware upgrade in proccess).

I am trying it right now again. I inserted SD card into cam, formatted it, power off cam, then took card out and inserted into my sd card reader. I put FIRMWARE.BIN file from 7zip archive onto SD card, safe-remove, inserted into cam, plug microusb (not from computer but from phone adapter), camera blinks red one time, then shows boot screen (a car on blue background with word EYOYO) and starts recording.

SD card is 16GB Transcend HC-I. Card is good, last week I was recording and playing video....

Is it possible that firmware upgrade would be disabled in my cam?
Is it possible to load firmware directly from computer with special program?

is that the normal boot screen on this model, can someone else that has one confirm?
Sounds like a customised boot screen for a particular reseller.

There are some people who have had great difficulty upgrading this camera. The first thing to check is that the card is formatted with FAT32 - use a card no bigger than 32gb, but some people seem to have a more significant difficulty.

Could have a different bootloader if it's a customers version of the product which is why I asked if that was the normal logo, suspect that there is some difference with the version he has

@estore009 should really stop selling these until the hardware issues are resolved. Or sell them for $29.99 and clearly state "PROTOTYPE - actual product may not work as advertised" ;)

Back