nanoQ 0903

Mini 0903 has a Micro USB port on the camera.

Is the memory card slot on the top of the camera, or is it just missing from the computer generated images?

1 thing we do have in common with them is the love for "liquid state drugs" ( alcohol ), when i was working up there when the locals got paid every month, you dident see most of them untill the money was spent :(
Luckily for you, evolution has left you with a decent ability to cope with that issue, unfortunately not the case for them, so far, along with a few other native populations around the world.

Is the memory card slot on the top of the camera, or is it just missing from the computer generated images?

Luckily for you, evolution has left you with a decent ability to cope with that issue, unfortunately not the case for them, so far, along with a few other native populations around the world.
USB on top and bottom, memory card slot on the bottom.

This car camera seems to be really one of the smallest with display, but is there any info about 60fps@1080p video mode?

This car camera seems to be really one of the smallest with display, but is there any info about 60fps@1080p video mode?
Very unlikely with that chipset, but you do tend to get smooth 30fps video from the Novatek encoder anyway. If it is the exposure time in order to reduce motion blur that you are worried about then it does have one of the most sensitive sensors combined with a very bright lens so should be one of the best cameras for motion blur.

Not sure why you think the SG will have better image quality?
They use the same sensor and the same processor so the quality will depend on the firmware, which presumably isn't finalised yet and the lens quality.

Based on the lens aperture, I think the SG should have 50% more motion blur when compared to the nanoQ...

Care to show your workings on that one?
One could argue MEG have a history of just releasing the camera with whatever firmware and then rarely updating it so firmware will be 50% more unreliable I guess than SG or any other camera for that matter.

Not sure why you think the SG will have better image quality?
They use the same sensor and the same processor so the quality will depend on the firmware, which presumably isn't finalised yet and the lens quality.

Based on the lens aperture, I think the SG should have 50% more motion blur when compared to the nanoQ...
I agree on some harware techiasl comparison points @ "if same cmos and cpu", but with "same" technical specs of lens its totally different story. Two lens with "same" or one being "better or worse on paper" specs, the end result can vary depending on lens glass quality. No wonder why "same specs" lens prices can vary 10-20 time.

nanoQ 0903 lens is clearly stated above as F1.7.

When I looked up the SG9665GC in Google I found F2.0 which is still a bright lens compared to most, but not as bright as the 0903.

From there I used an online exposure calculator to calculate the difference in exposure time for the two F numbers.

The difference in exposure time gives the amount of motion blur in each frame - the SG9665GC has 50% more exposure time and thus 50% more motion blur when compared to the nanoQ 0903.

Sorry, I don't have the workings of the exposure calculator, but I'm sure Jokiin would have corrected me if I was wrong!

I didn't take into account the FOV which would also make a bit of difference if they are different, but I never trust FOV figures to be comparable anyway since they are often measured in different ways.

It's all hypothetical numbers without knowing all the spec, let alone the affects of firmware. Being great on paper doesn't ever guarantee an end result.

Looks like nice hardware (especially Amba + Sony + F1.7 lens) but I worry about the support and continuous firmware development. It seems like they already have too many cams and last firmware for 0806 was six months ago...

Hello Rayman Chan
You are indeed a well known member.
Tell me please!
Will this latest of your offerings. the 0903 mini, actually be fully functional & have all of the features as advertised?
Or are we to expect another 0806 style scandal?

Hope you have been well

Best regards
Edward
Are you planning on getting one?

The safest thing to do is don't dive head first into buying this new dash cam when it is first released. Wait for at least several weeks for other people to use them and provide their feedback of its features and reliability before you decide if it is good enough for you to purchase.

The safest thing to do is don't dive head first into buying this new dash cam when it is first released. Wait for at least several weeks for other people to use them and provide their feedback of its features and reliability before you decide if it is good enough for you to purchase.

have to say I'm constantly surprised at the amount of people that will preorder something which is a complete unknown just based on supplied information

have to say I'm constantly surprised at the amount of people that will preorder something which is a complete unknown just based on supplied information
Its a temptentions ;)
Not all is gold what shines !

At least for 0903, we see some video footage, for some other products, even someone order it before see any video and photo.

One could argue MEG have a history of just releasing the camera with whatever firmware and then rarely updating it so firmware will be 50% more unreliable I guess than SG or any other camera for that matter.
It seems they have different solution team now, maybe have better firmware support.

Are you planning on getting one?
No sir, I am not.
I consider it my responsibility as a forum member to remind fellow members & guests of the 0806 fiasco.
Especially as so many were duped by the false advertising, and further insulted by the lack of Customer Support
Of course things may be different with the 0903; however we benefit by being alert to the history.
Noticing that Mr Chan has this new product under his wing has of course been the catalyst.

Are you he by any chance?

Last edited:
I have to really think very, very deeply before I even considered ANYTHING from this manufacturer.

Mini 0806 support is pathetic, legitimate questions unanswered, no software upgrades for eons, people having to disassemble cameras to fix manufacturing faults, miss-leading advertising etc.

I think it is only fair that prospective customers are reminded of the 0806 fiasco as HEZEUS has done.

Don't hold your breath for me to rush out and buy one - irrespective of 'promised' specs/capabilities.

At least for 0903, we see some video footage, for some other products, even someone order it before see any video and photo.
Video footage itself is still no enough to tell us about the product's reliability and firmware stability. We need someone to test an actual post-production dash cam first.

Video footage itself is still no enough to tell us about the product's reliability and firmware stability. We need someone to test an actual post-production dash cam first.

agree.
I have applied 10pcs samples for our DCT members, rules as before. Those samples can be ready in next week if no accident.
If you guys are interested, please send me a PM.

please be noticed the purpose of those samples - suggestion for improving.

I will not make a new thread to recruit, for some obvious reason.

Back