Never Buy from Gearbest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@medash

I think there's quite a few of us that have been there, thinking we were going to get a bargain and ending up getting a puppy,

now about the only items I get off ebay that come direct from China are items I can't get local (in the EU) or are low ticket price, and if they go belly up its money I won't miss

It was stupid of me in the first place, to have ordered things from outside of the US... I did not consider returns/warranty/and other ripoffs I would expose myself to...just to save a few bucks.

it's human nature to look for a lower price, unfortunately sometimes we forget to check the other aspects of the deal when that happens, just about everyone has made a purchase they regret at one time or another, you're certainly not alone

W1605071033063663 my order with Gearbest,came on time great quality product, no complaints, the description corresponds exactly to the product,use it for 2 months works like new.In my opinion Gerabest one of the best online stores in real time as there is present a friendly support,an easy interface which even a child can make a reservation,lowest rates on a variety of products ,fast order processing, constant promotions and discounts, warranty returns, insurance of goods, the variety of products.I suggest this online store for shopping

W1605071033063663 my order with Gearbest,came on time great quality product, no complaints, the description corresponds exactly to the product,use it for 2 months works like new.In my opinion Gerabest one of the best online stores in real time as there is present a friendly support,an easy interface which even a child can make a reservation,lowest rates on a variety of products ,fast order processing, constant promotions and discounts, warranty returns, insurance of goods, the variety of products.I suggest this online store for shopping

enjoy your voucher

burn in hell, together with spammers GearBust

...and now we have 20 new 'members'. :rolleyes:

Edit: I think I'll up the count to 21 since 'TechGuy' has kind of disappeared after making his token post in a different thread.

At the request of GB, I went to the US Post Office... and was surprised to discover that they keep track of anything which has a Tracking Number be it Domestic or Foreign:
My tracking Number was not listed in their nationwide tracking system / does not come up when entered in the USPS.
So to this day the parcel is still floating somewhere, if it hasn't been disposed of by someone on BestGear side... it was never accounted for as far as the USPS is concerned, and it was never delivered by them.
So i think, now the ball is in their court.

Last edited:
Gearbest is a great store, I ordered a car DVR on 26 March, 20 days later he was in my car! very quickly!!! I advise everyone to this store!

it's take 20 day from china to russian so if someone in us want to buy, it'll take months :D

Gearbest is a great store, I ordered a car DVR on 26 March, 20 days later he was in my car! very quickly!!! I advise everyone to this store!

Oh he was! ?
Enjoy HIS company, then.

Amazing how some who sign up out of the blues to just praise someone singled out ... or maybe "pros" repeating their rewarding act, hopping from one site to another.

Last edited:
Here's another "winner":
http://www.danviews.com/everbuying-com-legit-or-a-scam/

Here some Good Advice from there: "
  • Kodi Says:
    March 4th, 2016 at 8:36 am
    Everbuying.com, gearbest.com, dealsmachine.com … they are all legit and I have bought from them many times … but you really have to know how to use them or you will have a very frustrating experience. Has happened to me a couple times. Now I know.

"" Some rules to follow:

1. Always get expedited shipping. NEVER USE THE FREE SHIPPING. Free shipping is via the Chinese postal systems and your package will get lost. Guaranteed. Expedited shipping is DHL with a tracking number.

2. Only buy items that have the “Ships in 24 hours” label. That means they are in stock. If the item is not in stock, it will still be on the website for sale. And you could end up waiting weeks for the product to come in from the factory before they ship.

3. Always use Paypal. Be mindful of Paypal’s dispute time period. 30 days I believe.

4. Do not wait for product to ship more than three weeks. No matter what they say. If it has been more than 3 weeks and it still has not shipped … cancel the order.

When all goes well and they ship immediately … you will get your package in under a week (expedited shipping). But just remember, these websites are horrible at being honest on how much a product is back ordered. They could tell you just wait 10 more business days for it to come in … and it will not happen. So if it does not ship within a day or two after ordering … I would just cancel the order.""

Last edited:
Oh he was! ?
Enjoy HIS company, then.

Amazing how some who sign up out of the blues to just praise someone singled out ... or maybe "pros" repeating their rewarding act, hopping from one site to another.

I like this.

Imagine, I order at B&H in NY and I get the stuff including all custom paperwork out in 4 days :-) and I sometimes ask myself

Why does it take so long :) ha ha ha

I'm 22. :)
I had bought A198 CarCam and quality is crap, but what you think that get less than $20. Problem was that screen was already broken. Of cource I complained and (in 24h) they wrote that need some picture. I sent picture and after few hours they ask that do I want new one or money back to GB Wallet. I choose new camera and that's it. About month later I got new camera. In my mind it was FAST and easy. I had use many other seller also, but usually customer service response time is 3-7 days or terrible 1-3 month (everybuying).

I'm 22. :)
I had bought A198 CarCam and quality is crap, but what you think that get less than $20. Problem was that screen was already broken. Of cource I complained and (in 24h) they wrote that need some picture. I sent picture and after few hours they ask that do I want new one or money back to GB Wallet. I choose new camera and that's it. About month later I got new camera. In my mind it was FAST and easy. I had use many other seller also, but usually customer service response time is 3-7 days or terrible 1-3 month (everybuying).
So it takes two months for you to get a new camera. :D ha ha. just for saving a few bucks :)

So it takes two months for you to get a new camera. :D ha ha. just for saving a few bucks :)
... and "it" found its way here just to vouch in "its" first post ever: how good they are.
And notice how "terrible" Everbuying is (according to "it")... yet it is owned by the same owner as GB.

One of my contact for my order wrote this to justify delivery delays:
"In some cases, the shipping company need 2 months to ship the parcel to our customers."

and the blame goes of course to the shipping co in CZ/Eastern europe or whatever.

Last edited:
... and "it" found its way here just to vouch in "its" first post ever: how good they are.
And notice how "terrible" Everbuying is (according to "it")... yet it is owned by the same owner as GB.

One of my contact for my order wrote this to justify delivery delays:
"In some cases, the shipping company need 2 months to ship the parcel to our customers."

and the blame goes of course to the shipping co in CZ/Eastern europe or whatever.

It's because they 'bulk ship'. I'll explain:

To get the cheapest upon cheapest shipping the more you have and the more specific you are the cheap it will be. For instance, 100 parcels to USA might cost 100usd. 100 parcels to say the 'mid-west' might cost 75usd. 100 parcels to say New York might cost 60usd. 100 parcels to NY city might cost 50usd.

Usually the quantities will be closer to the thousand mark or above. This is why it can take up to 2-months to ship.

Well I have been on DCT for some time and here's my view so far.
I have bought a Dashcam Xiaomi Yi for $44. 2 shipped by Registered airmail (Netherlands Post).
The next day I found that the price has come down by $3.2 so on an off chance chatted with a GB rep and gave him/her option to either credit diff to my PayPal or I will cancel the old order and create a new one. Promptly I was confirmed that the diff will be given to me after shipping. Cam was shipped in 3-4 days and diff credited to my PayPal account immediately. Shipping intimation was given to me and it was Registered airmail with tracking only which is another plus. I know I will receive the cam anywhere between 20-60 days and am prepared for that. Havent recd it yet so no idea about quality or after sales warranty but am prepared to ship it back by expedited shipping if need be for a refund or replacement.
Now why I take the risk?
Price is 15-20% cheaper than anywhere else and maybe 50% cheaper than available here in India.
Further any reputed site like amazon or even eBay asks for $30-for shipping even with airmail(which will also take 3 weeks btw) and Amazon also asks for customs money upfront with DHL which I don't have to pay for small value items through Airmail.
I make it a point to buy only small and cheap items where the risk I take is mitigated by the savings I do.
Also it is better to do some research on the shipping method, in my case Singapore Post Registered is the fastest and safest with regular tracking updates upto delivery and has a proven delivery time of 15-20 days from shipping to delivery on multiple items from Ali express.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Havent recd it yet so no idea about quality or after sales warranty but am prepared to ship it back by expedited shipping if need be for a refund or replacement.
How much will it cost to ship back? Judging by google at least 15usd. So that's 1/3 of the product price in return shipping...which they won't cover.

Now why I take the risk?
Well atleast you admit it's a risk.

Price is 15-20% cheaper than anywhere else and maybe 50% cheaper than available here in India.
Okay so lets say it's 50% cheaper than in India - That's 66usd. Lets say something goes wrong with your camera and that's 15usd and at least a month or two without a camera. That means your 7usd better off. Now if that camera lasts then you've saved yourself 22usd. Well done, hopefully the guy selling the camera doesn't need to eat.

Further any reputed site like amazon or even eBay asks for $30-for shipping even with airmail(which will also take 3 weeks btw) and Amazon also asks for customs money upfront with DHL which I don't have to pay for small value items through Airmail.
Shut the front door?! Amazon is actually trying to conduct itself above the law and collect RIGHTFUL LEGAL TAX FOR YOUR COUNTRY SO YOU CAN HAVE NATIONAL FUNDED SERVICES?!!!!!! Well I can see why you want to avoid that!

Also you DO have to pay for them upfront, it's just the Chinese sellers undervalue everything and as such it's not flagged, unlike express companies, they actually conduct some due diligence.

Martin Miemoller wrote one of my favorite poems and whilst some people may call it a tad far fetched I think it highlights exactly the time we are in now. Everyone wants it cheap, a bargain, save a cent or two, but everyone wants 'local businesses and local workers'...no one sees the irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back