Never Buy from Gearbest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...in the case of gearbest a lot of their problems are self inflicted, they start out with good intentions and the sales process is ok, if you don't have a problem product, it all falls apart if you have a problem product, that bit they get very wrong
The way I see it their biggest, by a wide margin, error is in the way they handle DOA items. Restocking fees and buyer pays return shipping is unconscionable. If that's going to be their policy each and every item shipped should be tested to insure it works.

The way I see it their biggest, by a wide margin, error is in the way they handle DOA items. Restocking fees and buyer pays return shipping is unconscionable. If that's going to be their policy each and every item shipped should be tested to insure it works.

yeah this is a problem for all Chinese sellers, there's no easy way for them to deal with returns, strictly speaking the government does not like things being sent back which makes the process very difficult to begin with, that's their problem as a seller though and not an excuse for poor service and giving people the run around, they really need to lift their game

yeah this is a problem for all Chinese sellers, there's no easy way for them to deal with returns, strictly speaking the government does not like things being sent back which makes the process very difficult to begin with, that's their problem as a seller though and not an excuse for poor service and giving people the run around, they really need to lift their game

So true. The Chinese government makes it next to impossible to import back in. We recently sent a microSD card back to china by DHL and in shipping and taxes cost us close to £40. The problem is the Chinese government do this on purpose, they want exports outrageously high and so offer ridiculous tax breaks (I know some companies who's effective tax rate is about 1% after all tax breaks) and then slam anything that could damage that and slap it with outrageously high tariffs. Sellers benefit from this massively and as such they have no reason to demand change. Ages ago we returned a lot of faulty goods and we could either pay 6000usd to have them released or they would just be destroyed. Then the manufacturers were like well as we didn't receive them we cannot do anything.

This is no excuse for poor service and maybe they need to invest a bit more in customer service - I'll admit I went through a bad patch - but I learnt from in and hired a dedicated CS guy who is ridiculously good.

Hopefully GB will improve. Oh and the difference between Amazon and GB is Amazon dont encourage you to go on random none related forums and spam about how good they are to get free stuff. At least I haven't seen any encouragement from them to do that.

[...] when you get something that is faulty you get the run around, partial credits to your gearbest wallet, suggestions to gift it to a friend or resell it and order another one, send it back at half what you paid to get another one sent, half price offer for a replacement, send it back at half the cost to get a refund to your gearbest wallet (they really don't like returning money, it's always the gearbest wallet to tie you into another purchase)

Or you just explain them that you want a normal refund and if that doesn't happen open a PayPal dispute and get your refund anyway.

the golden rule when buying from another country and there are no consumer protection mechanisms available should be only spend what you are prepared to lose, if it works out then all good, if not then suck it up and move on

Kinda, but as i said, you just have to be aware of the differences and details when ordering from other countries and than it is mostly not any different than ordering from like Amazon or shops like that. But this should actually be common sense.
Seems like not everyone is clever enough to understand that though, seeing people whining that their stuff takes weeks to arrive because they ordered over the tax and custom limit and their package gets stuck, then blaming the store for that. Or expecting shipping around the world/ sending stuff back to China for free.

Any retailer worth its salt shouldn't have more than a few complaints.

Well, than you can't make any orders in most online shops anymore. because when you google the name of an online shop you will always find a few people that complain about something.
And as i said before, i guess most of that could have simply get solved if they just get in contact with the support, but they lack the courage and instead whine about it on the internet.
Shops obviously don't want a bad reputation. Mistakes happen in every shop, and they can be solved, but you have to give them a chance to do so.

To everyone believing i am a bot or something like that.
I was reading in this forum before, got the Yi 2k mod from here, and i just thought i share my positive experiences with Gearbest.

Or you just explain them that you want a normal refund and if that doesn't happen open a PayPal dispute and get your refund anyway.

Kinda, but as i said, you just have to be aware of the differences and details when ordering from other countries and than it is mostly not any different than ordering from like Amazon or shops like that. But this should actually be common sense.
Seems like not everyone is clever enough to understand that though, seeing people whining that their stuff takes weeks to arrive because they ordered over the tax and custom limit and their package gets stuck, then blaming the store for that. Or expecting shipping around the world/ sending stuff back to China for free.

Well, than you can't make any orders in most online shops anymore. because when you google the name of an online shop you will always find a few people that complain about something.
And as i said before, i guess most of that could have simply get solved if they just get in contact with the support, but they lack the courage and instead whine about it on the internet.
Shops obviously don't want a bad reputation. Mistakes happen in every shop, and they can be solved, but you have to give them a chance to do so.

To everyone believing i am a bot or something like that.
I was reading in this forum before, got the Yi 2k mod from here, and i just thought i share my positive experiences with Gearbest.
how much discount do you get from GB when you post this ?
I wonder with my account in this forums, how much GB will pay me for a PR post ? :D =)))))

great in theory, tell that to all the people that constantly get the run around, they'll try very hard to give a partial refund first as once you get a partial refund PayPal considers that an attempt at dispute resolution has been made and won't intervene further, they know how to work the system

it's very different from Amazon as that's very low fuss when it comes to returns, the rest of it you have correct though, people just don't understand how it works at times and their problems are often due to unreasonable expectations

quite true, you can never please all of the people all of the time, you can turn a complaint up about any vendor if you look hard enough

support is very much where things fall over with gearbest though, they fail miserably there, do your research, plenty of examples of the run around people have had

I started world wide online shopping with gearbest,Their web site is useable,prices are low and can get what you want from electronics to home,garden and tools.
my first order was handled fast and all items safely wrapped with fast shipment.
i hope i will be useing gearbest at the future too.

Until yet i had no problems with gearbest, I already bought some stuff from them and everything was ok. Fast shipping, good quality stuff and what I find most importand - real pictures from buyers. You can really see what you want to buy.

If admin say yes to del these post, i think it'll not happen again :)

This is no excuse for poor service and maybe they need to invest a bit more in customer service - I'll admit I went through a bad patch - but I learnt from in and hired a dedicated CS guy who is ridiculously good.

Hmmm.

I don't think any hint is needed @JooVuu

the golden rule when buying from another country and there are no consumer protection mechanisms available should be only spend what you are prepared to lose, if it works out then all good, if not then suck it up and move on

this 100%

I am tired of glorious "shipping reviews" because if you are reviewing the product that means they shipped it, so I no longer care about reviews of "I bought and received". I want to see reviews of "it was broken but they replaced easily right away with no hassle and no outrageous shipping fees". So far Googlepedia failed to show me reviews like that. By the way my dummy email address that I created to talk to their CS now is a spam galore from China offering Asian dating and etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...By the way my dummy email address that I created to talk to their CS now is a spam galore from China offering Asian dating and etc....
I don't think anyone will be surprised by that. ;)

I also have had an absolutely horrid experience with Gearbest. I purchased an Ausdom A261 Dashcam that I never received. But the tracking site say that it was delivered 2 days before it was shipped by gearbust .
According to my records from PP and Gearbest:
I bought and paid $88.59 for A261 on June 5th 2016.
Gearbest sent me an email saying it was shipped on June 7th 2016.

I couldn't figure out the cryptic message they show when I look for it on their site:
  • 2015-06-05 00:00:00 The consignment was delivered in the destination country.
  • 2015-06-04 00:00:00 The consignment was accepted by post office of exchange in the country of destination.
  • 2015-06-04 00:00:00 The consignment was sent to the destination country.
  • 2015-06-03 00:00:00 The consignment was posted
So since I couldn't make sense of it, with all the false and misleading dates, I contacted GB to see how I can reach tracking... and they gave me this:
"http://www.17track.net/zh-cn/ & https://www.postaonline.cz/ shipping date: 2016-06-08 08:06:23,estimated time: 15-25 business days"
And when finally I tried : "http://www.17track.net/zh-cn/ "... I was able to get to the track site... and I was shocked to see that according to them the A261 was delivered the same day the order was made June 6 2016 ... and they have a picture of a package with my name and address as well as the above dates from start to finish.
I contacted GB to try to find out what happened ... but I am still waiting for an answer.
I also contacted PP (the go in between) ... and explained to them what happened in less than 2000 characters/letters... which they say they will forward to GB... and then i may ask for PP to make a decision whether to give me a refund or not if there is NO solution /agreement with GB.
I also paid GB for LOST/DAMAGED ORDER Insurance : I don't know what the outcome will be at this stage... and if they will honor the Insurance they sold me !

I also have had an absolutely horrid experience with Gearbest. I purchased an Ausdom A261 Dashcam that I never received. But the tracking site say that it was delivered 2 days before it was shipped by gearbust .
According to my records from PP and Gearbest:
I bought and paid $88.59 for A261 on June 5th 2016.
Gearbest sent me an email saying it was shipped on June 7th 2016.

I couldn't figure out the cryptic message they show when I look for it on their site:
  • 2015-06-05 00:00:00 The consignment was delivered in the destination country.
  • 2015-06-04 00:00:00 The consignment was accepted by post office of exchange in the country of destination.
  • 2015-06-04 00:00:00 The consignment was sent to the destination country.
  • 2015-06-03 00:00:00 The consignment was posted
So since I couldn't make sense of it, with all the false and misleading dates, I contacted GB to see how I can reach tracking... and they gave me this:
"http://www.17track.net/zh-cn/ & https://www.postaonline.cz/ shipping date: 2016-06-08 08:06:23,estimated time: 15-25 business days"
And when finally I tried : "http://www.17track.net/zh-cn/ "... I was able to get to the track site... and I was shocked to see that according to them the A261 was delivered the same day the order was made June 6 2016 ... and they have a picture of a package with my name and address as well as the above dates from start to finish.
I contacted GB to try to find out what happened ... but I am still waiting for an answer.
I also contacted PP (the go in between) ... and explained to them what happened in less than 2000 characters/letters... which they say they will forward to GB... and then i may ask for PP to make a decision whether to give me a refund or not if there is NO solution /agreement with GB.
I also paid GB for LOST/DAMAGED ORDER Insurance : I don't know what the outcome will be at this stage... and if they will honor the Insurance they sold me !

Hello @medash

Could you please tell me your order number of Ausdom A261?

I don't think it is that easy to get a refund from Paypal anyway.
I just opened a dispute with Paypal and they suggested to talk to each other first thru Paypal... which I did.
Gearbest asked for 7-10 business days to investigate ... (more than 2 weeks)...which brings it to July 10 at which time Paypal closes the dispute for ever (according to their time frame).
I don't think GB need that much time to investigate something which does not mach the dates involved.
So I don't think I am going to let them play that game : asking for that much time to kill it.
Even if I ask for a refund : Paypal has the last word on that, but i have no other choice... so we will see.
It was stupid of me in the first place, to have ordered things from outside of the US... I did not consider returns/warranty/and other ripoffs I would expose myself to...just to save a few bucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back