New Dome Dashcam Dome GS98 Ambarella A7LA70 Chipset

How did you manage to get the GPS working?
Still no new from GEARBEST when are they sending out the replacement GPS module. This is frustrating.

My camera works fantastically well but again the GPS module doesn't couple to the satellites... I have photos of it sitting flashing red after 17 minutes. I mentioned this to BangGood and they sent me a link to *reset* the GPS, but the link is to a blank page. Shame because apart from that it is a quality device.

(Edited to show that I CAN spel satellites)

I finally solved the GPS problem. :)
I explained in the relevant forums.

http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_108233124/f_//tm.htm#108233124

as it is I write here in the forum because it s bad English narration.

Arkadaşlar her ne kadar çektiğim video da anlatmaya çalışsam da bir kezde yazılı olarak anlatayım.

1 - mandal üzerindeki GPS ünitesini sıcak bir bıçakla mandalın dibinden ayırıyoruz. (
aman dikkat edin gps ünitesine zarar vermeyin ve mandalıda kullanacağımız için dikkatli olun.)

2 - sonra GPS ünitesinin kapağını ince uçlu bir bıçak ile hafif hafif yoklayarak açıyoruz,
3 - gps ünitesine bağlı olan kabloyu lehimlerinden ayırmadan önce renklerini sırayla yazmak gerekli, daha sonra evde elinize geçirdiğiniz eski bir bilgisayara faresinin kablosunun uçlarını açarak gps ünitesine dikkatlice lehimliyoruz.,
4 - gps ünitesinden çıkan kısa kabloyuda bu kablonun diğer ucuna ekleyerek uzatmış oluyoruz.
5 - gps ünitesini ön camın sol dip tarafına doğru çift taraflı bant ile yerleştiriyoruz.

6 - şimdi gelelim bunları neden yaptık ???
şunun için yaptık
1 - gps ünitesini açtığınızda içini göreceksiniz alt kısmı bakır renginde yapılmış yani kameranın yaymış olduğu elektromanyetik dalgalardan etkilenmesin diye yapılmış, gps ünitesi kameranın hemen dibinde olduğundan dolayı kameranın yaydığı sinyallerden etkilendiği gibi aynı zamanda da mandalı kaldırdığımızda neredeyse dik bir pozisyon aldığından sadece önüne yani gps antenine yansıyabilen uydu dalgalarını alabiliyordu,
yine araba camlarının üst kısmında bulunan benekli kısımlarda sinyali kesiyordu.

tabi bunları yapabilmek için bir çok deney yapmak zorunda kaldım, çeşitli cihazlarla sinyalleri kontrol ederek ölçümler sağladım ve sonuç olarak gördüm ki GPS anteni yukarı bakmalı, ve aracın ön konsolunda olmalıydı.

önemli bir hatırlatma daha sizlere

gps antenini söktüğünizde iki yüzey ile karşılaşacaksınız birisi antenin olduğu düz bir yüzey resimde görüyorsunuz, bu yüzey mutlaka üst tarafa getirilmeli ve gps kutusunun alt tarafınada diğer taraf getirilmeli çünkü o bakır rengi olan kısım altta kalmalı yoksa sinyal alamazsınız.

2f0bf87b-17a3-4277-adf5-330b48abedb1.JPG

http://img.donanimhaber.com/upfiles/35748/2f0bf87b-17a3-4277-adf5-330b48abedb1.JPG
2f0bf87b-17a3-4277-adf5-330b48abedb1.JPG

bu da GPS ile yaptığım ilk deneme videosu:
Not: on the video, the date you, because the buttons pressed inadvertently changed history and I somehow unwittingly.

bu video da yapmış olduğum uygulamanın anlatımı ama pek iyi çekemedim videoyu. bir elimde telefon bir elimde kamera düzgün olmadı ..

translate.google.com

Let me tell you also tell your friends, although I took a video I worked once in writing.

1 - dedicating the GPS unit on the latch from the bottom of a hot knife latch. (
Be careful not to damage the GPS unit's mercy and we will be careful to use the latch.)

2 - after polling gently with a fine-tipped blades are opening the lid of the GPS unit,
3 - which in turn depends on the color of the GPS unit before disconnecting the cables needed a letter from the solder, then the house will be soldered carefully to the GPS unit by opening the ends of the cables of an old computer mouse you had in your hand.,
4 - in the short kabloyu the GPS unit we are adding stretched to the other end of the cable.
5 - GPS unit on the left foot with the right side of the windshield we put double-sided tape.

6 - Now let's have made them why ???
We made for the
1 - the bottom you will see for when you turn on the GPS unit made in copper colors that are unaffected by electromagnetic waves that have spread to the camera she made, a GPS unit as affected by the signal emitted by the camera because it is right at the bottom of the camera but also just in front because it takes an almost vertical position when we lift the latch that can be reflected in the GPS antenna He could receive satellite waves,
He cut signal again at the top of the spotted portion of the windshield.

I had to make them subject to a lot of experimentation, I made the measurements by the various control signals and GPS antenna faces up, I saw that as a result, and should be in the vehicle's dashboard.

An important reminder for you more

When you remove the GPS antenna will be greeted by two surfaces of the one you see in the image on a flat surface where the antenna, the surface must be absolutely top side and GPS box should be on the other side took tarafına of because it can not receive signals or must remain at the bottom portion, which is copper in color.

Last edited:
We will handle those orders this week.

Thanks for your patient.
I'm wondering when are you gonna send out the replacement GPS module to us?

I am getting frustrated. @GearBest are refusing to acknowledge this promise in the tickets I am sending, in spite of having bought the camera less than three weeks ago. Instead they want me to pay for shipping to send a replacement. This AFTER me posting rave reviews on many sites.
It has made me realise that the stuff I wanted from GearBest is probably better sourced from BangGood and I will put up with the several week delay in shipping. At least my money is safer there...

@Gaz Hunter

Hi, could you tell me what happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Nice day for you all.

I have a good news to tell you.

We will arrange a shipment of GPS in this week.

Thanks for your understand.

Best regards.

Hi guys,

Nice day for you all.

Best regards.
Will we get notify and a tracking number when it ship out?

@Gaz Hunter

Hi, could you tell me what happened?

Quite simply the camera itself works brilliantly but the GPS unit does not lock to a satellite. It occasionally gets a lock after 18 minutes but I've also been for drives of over an hour with no GPS lock. And this in weather with clear skies or cloud, so there's no weather related issue...the GPS is faulty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Nice day for you all.

Best regards.
Seriously..... It's Friday and you still haven't send it out yet. I'm expecting to see you write the same message next week ?

We already sent out the GPS.

Pls be patient.

And the supplier has improved the GPS.

So do not worry about the GPS problem.

We are selling the new vision GS98C now.

GS98C is worth to buy.

We already sent out the GPS.

Pls be patient.

And the supplier has improved the GPS.

So do not worry about the GPS problem.

We are selling the new vision GS98C now.

GS98C is worth to buy.
Where is the notice and tracking number? We need prove that you send out.

Last edited:
Back