New DVR207 from eBay seller estore009? 1440x1080?

I've got a tint strip at the top of my windshield. I'll be interested to see what I get if the cam shoots through it. If it works, it should help to make the cam less noticeable from the outside. If it doesn't work, I'll have to mount it lower. How do I speed up that boat from China?

unpaidbill said:
I've got a tint strip at the top of my windshield. I'll be interested to see what I get if the cam shoots through it. If it works, it should help to make the cam less noticeable from the outside. If it doesn't work, I'll have to mount it lower. How do I speed up that boat from China?

It should work well through the tinted area with the Exposure Value increased a bit to compensate. However, night recording (already not that great) will be worse as fewer photons will get through the tinted area, making for a grainier, noisier video.

Hello. Any updates on the FM interference issue? I saw some were using Ferrite beads, but has anyone received a new charging cable and verified this eliminates the problem? Thank you!

Overall I am quite disappointed with these cameras. I should have stuck with the 027. They record "ok" in 720 but nowhere near the clarity of the V2000GS or V5000GS, or any other 1080 camera. The 1080 on these is a joke... 15fps makes it look horrible and the focusing issue makes the 1080 option unusable. I am not even using these for rear view. I may stick them in the cargo area for side view looking forward. I fell into yet another marketing ploy lol. Oh well, live and learn. For anyone interested in buying this camera, DO NOT expect to use the 1080 option. Just my opinion of course. I know I am comparing it to cameras close double the price but they are advertising this camera to perform as well as cameras that cost close to double the price.

Just got a DVR-207 from AliExpress. The video is indeed quite grainy. The video quality is also not that great - it is often difficult to make out license plates (especially black lettering on white background).

Looking at some of the DVR-027 sample videos it looks like the 027 actually has better video quality. Anyone with both cameras want to chime in?

Yesterday I contacted eStore in regards to whether the FM interference issue was resolved. I don't quite understand the reply. Would anyone here care to take a shot at deciphering this message?

Hi,friend,
The new order will comes with RF filter car charger,and wish it can help us to solve its FM radio problem!

And other buyers feedback us that it has no interference if we offer individual current circuit for your FM radio!

Anyway,we did offer this combined shipping with Fedex

Regards,
Vicky
- estore009

Last edited by a moderator:
Horsepow3r,
I think he has used machine translator. I think it means following~

1) new orders ship with new charger with RF filter
2) for old customers having RF problems, they'll ship new charger

cooljw said:
Just got a DVR-207 from AliExpress. The video is indeed quite grainy. The video quality is also not that great - it is often difficult to make out license plates (especially black lettering on white background).

Looking at some of the DVR-027 sample videos it looks like the 027 actually has better video quality. Anyone with both cameras want to chime in?

I recently got a new DVR 207 and can say the video quality is less than acceptable. I hate returning things but I only expected the same quality of some of the clips I have seen some post using this camera. So now I wait for my LUKAS LK-7900 ACE to arrive maybe tomorrow I hope. Still loving my ITB-100HD SP.

[img=float-left]http://kingwoodkowboy.com/images/LarryWJonesAvatar.jpg[/img]I have the new 2013 model from eBay seller estore009. It has beautiful video.
After several uses, it quit - totally dead.
No problem - I took out and reset the memory card
and it came back to life. I am very happy with this dashcam.
Larry W Jones - Kingwood Kowboy http://www.kingwoodkowboy.com/

kingwoodkowboy said:
[img=float-left]http://kingwoodkowboy.com/images/LarryWJonesAvatar.jpg[/img]I have the new 2013 model from eBay seller estore009. It has beautiful video.
After several uses, it quit - totally dead.
No problem - I took out and reset the memory card
and it came back to life. I am very happy with this dashcam.
Larry W Jones - Kingwood Kowboy http://www.kingwoodkowboy.com/

I am very suspicious of these cameras. There are endless look-a-likes for varying prices and quality. I must have a different device than you because the quality of mine leavers much room for improvement. I do have others to compare this one to so maybe I am expecting to much. Is this your first and only dash cam?

Al Drake said:
I am very suspicious of these cameras. There are endless look-a-likes for varying prices and quality. I must have a different device than you because the quality of mine leavers much room for improvement. I do have others to compare this one to so maybe I am expecting to much. Is this your first and only dash cam?

Did you buy yours from estore009?

Inafog said:
Al Drake said:

Did you buy yours from estore009?

Yes I did. I did so after seeing posts here that is was the place to buy. What's with all these cameras going for 1/3rd the price? There is definitely something wrong with the video quality. There are some strange effects that I have never seen before. I have seen many poorly rendered outputs but this is something I am surprised others are not complaining about. Maybe they just don't know what is acceptable and what is not. I have tried every EV setting but these same anomalies are present.

The lens on mine came with a protective plastic thing over it, and after removing that there was still a fingerprint on it from the factory. I had to use a lens cleaning cloth to fix that. That may be the case for you as well. Here are two videos I recorded for cam quality. Night quality is really lacking and it is jerky with my SD card, but the overall quality is acceptable for a 720p camera. The audio quality is good enough that my video got flagged for copyright due to the car stereo music, but with loud music with lots of bass it's very distorted.

Night quality during rain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKmnxV4-gxE&hd=1

Day quality (warning: loud audio in last 3 minutes or so):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir1pX3EXH0E&hd=1

kwolf said:
The lens on mine came with a protective plastic thing over it, and after removing that there was still a fingerprint on it from the factory. I had to use a lens cleaning cloth to fix that. That may be the case for you as well. Here are two videos I recorded for cam quality. Night quality is really lacking and it is jerky with my SD card, but the overall quality is acceptable for a 720p camera. The audio quality is good enough that my video got flagged for copyright due to the car stereo music, but with loud music with lots of bass it's very distorted.

Night quality during rain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKmnxV4-gxE&hd=1

Day quality (warning: loud audio in last 3 minutes or so):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir1pX3EXH0E&hd=1

I like the day clip. The night clip really sucks, sorry. I am comparing to my ITB 100HD SP so I guess you get what you pay for. The day shot in the country side looks nice. Almost like a cartoon or video game. I am viewing on a Vizio 42inch HDTV which I use a my main computer monitor so that may have some impact over other smaller monitors but I see some of the same effects at the bottom of your clip that are more visible on mine. What EV are you using? Maybe I am expecting to much so maybe I won't return it.

The night quality in this thing is bad. I don't even think the IR lights work as having it on Auto or Off makes no difference in the video. (Upon closer inspection, there is a difference. I think the IR lights are just dim, or perhaps the camera sensor is not very sensitive to IR. This might be by design as my fake 027 IR lights reflect heavily off the windshield since they are so bright.)

If you increase the EV, the video gets so grainy it's unusable. I keep it at default. Basically what I posted is as good as it gets in the rain at night in a low light setting. You can see towards the end once I'm in the 'city' it is much better. Without rain it is marginally better, but only to a point. I'll try to get one when it's not raining later this week.

I agree that the night quality is nothing to write home about but note that the video is done with very little ambient light. The last 30 seconds or so with more ambient light is better. Not fabulous but acceptable for a $70 camera.

DashCamMan said:
I agree that the night quality is nothing to write home about but note that the video is done with very little ambient light. The last 30 seconds or so with more ambient light is better. Not fabulous but acceptable for a $70 camera.

To be fair I will try mounting mine next to the ITB-100HD SP and compare them both. So far all I have are clips from the DVR207 shot mounted in the rear window which has some sort of tint and an array defogging heat strips that must have a negative effect on the video quality. My main concern is will all the cameras that look exactly alike and cost a fraction of the 207. Can they be all the same device just boxed differently?

The cameras that cost a fraction of the DVR207 (i.e. $20 to $40) are all SD versions and the quality is horrible. Same case, different internals as many people can attest to. Some places even charge a lot for these SD versions so one has to be careful when purchasing.

Al Drake said:
My main concern is will all the cameras that look exactly alike and cost a fraction of the 207. Can they be all the same device just boxed differently?

I have a fake DVR-027 (different unit than the DVR-207 I recorded with above). I guarantee if it's less than 40 bucks it's a fake. Here are the differences on my fake unit compared to my DVR-207 (which I understand is supposed to be identical to the DVR-027 but with better firmware). This unit appears to be one of the most popular cameras to counterfeit. Best way to avoid a fake is to use a trusted seller such as estore009.

-The firmware is totally different, and the quality is not HD at all.
-The firmware has an audio record only function (for voice notes I guess), which the legitimate unit does not.
-It has a 1280x720 mode but it is interpolated and actually looks worse than recording in native resolution 640x480. (here is 640x480 video from fake camera while my friend was driving my car in a "Snow storm": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-lOJIy_vUQ)
-The timestamp is different. I actually like it better as it does not completely block off a portion of the video.
-The charger on my fake unit is mini-USB unlike the DVR-207 which is a round dc connector. Not sure if the DVR-027 uses the same charger but I think it does use the round dc connector.
-The fake has a very similar white round "QC Pass" type sticker on it as my DVR-207.
-The inside looks nothing like the inside of the DVR-207. It doesn't appear to have a Zoran chip.
-The screen is smaller,off center, and lower quality. While the screen is maybe 3mm in from the left side, it is almost 8mm in from the right side.
-The FOV is less (maybe 90 degrees or so).
-The box it came in is very similar to the DVR-207, you'd be hard pressed to notice which is the legitimate box.
-The mount the fake camera came with is 100% identical to the mount the legitimate camera came with.
-The fake unit did not have gaps between the files like the DVR-027 (DVR-207 has no gap issues)
-The record LED on the fake unit was red, on the legitimate unit it is blue.

Edit: Removed what I said about the infrared lights not working, they do work.

kwolf said:
Al Drake said:
My main concern is will all the cameras that look exactly alike and cost a fraction of the 207. Can they be all the same device just boxed differently?

I have a fake DVR-027 (different unit than the DVR-207 I recorded with above). I guarantee if it's less than 40 bucks it's a fake. Here are the differences on my fake unit compared to my DVR-207 (which I understand is supposed to be identical to the DVR-027 but with better firmware). This unit appears to be one of the most popular cameras to counterfeit.

Thanks. I will have to look mine over closely. I think I have a ligit camera.

Back