New DVR207 from eBay seller estore009? 1440x1080?

If you bought from estore009 your camera is legit.

I found a clip of night video I had previously copied to my PC. This is what it looks like in low light conditions when it's not raining. I have to say after reviewing the clip it does appear that the IR lights work, they are just relatively dim. You can see the IR lights lighting up the stop sign on the right at ~1:07. Ignore the blue fuzzy in the middle, that went away after I wiped the lens off. For the price I am satisfied with the low light recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlcLijN ... tu.be&hd=1

Last edited by a moderator:
kwolf said:
If you bought from estore009 your camera is legit.

I found a clip of night video I had previously copied to my PC. This is what it looks like in low light conditions when it's not raining. I have to say after reviewing the clip it does appear that the IR lights work, they are just relatively dim. You can see the IR lights lighting up the stop sign on the right at ~1:07. Ignore the blue fuzzy in the middle, that went away after I wiped the lens off. For the price I am satisfied with the low light recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlcLijN ... tu.be&hd=1

OK, now that isn't bad. Not as long as I don't view it on my HDTV full screen. My opinion is that those IR lights aren't doing squat. What you are seeing is illuminated by your headlights. My ITB-100 HD has no IR and I have no problem with night vision on an unlighted road but what I see if because of the headlights. If I use high beam I can see further. Believe me, I have surveillance cameras all around my home and you need some serious IR if you want to use them to see any distance. Some cameras I replaced have far more IR lights than any DC and but they still can't see beyond the range of the IR lights.

Just my opinion now.

DashCamMan said:
The cameras that cost a fraction of the DVR207 (i.e. $20 to $40) are all SD versions and the quality is horrible. Same case, different internals as many people can attest to. Some places even charge a lot for these SD versions so one has to be careful when purchasing.

Yep...sellers have caught on that consumers were judging fakes by price. How does a seller solve that issue?? Match the price of the real ones!

I just ordered a DVR207 from estore009 and canceled my order I placed yesterday with DX for DVR027. The 207 looked like it is worth the slight increase in cost, with the added bonus of estore009's faster Fedex shipping. My only worry is that when I checked out at ebay, the order says it is for local pickup, even though the ebay listing is plastered all over with Fedex shipping notices.

Anyhow, I hope it ships as said, and camera works well. Thanks to this site, I was able to make a good decision I think.

I also bought a DVR207 from estore009 yesterday. While an email did say it was local pickup, I was provided a FedEx tracking number. Check your inbox.

I got a prompt reply saying yes, they are shipping Fedex, but that it may be a bit slower due to Qing Ming holiday.

According the the tracking info, mine left Chicago (after its trip from China) yesterday and might be delivered to me (St. Louis suburb) tomorrow, but it's coming USPS.

Hi gang.
Would someone mind giving me the dimensions of their DVR-207. Thanks in advance.

dorway said:
Hi gang.
Would someone mind giving me the dimensions of their DVR-207. Thanks in advance.
It's about the size of a pack of butts, maybe a bit larger.

I ordered mine on the 10 of March. I'm still waiting for it to be delivered.

That sounds about right ....took me about 3 weeks or so. Did you try tracking it?

Well wha-da-ya-know. It arrived today.
And it is way better then the cheap knock-off I had before this one. They look identical (apart from packaging) but estore009 is selling the real deal.
At first it wouldn't accept my SD cards. When I inserted the card, the screen went black. So I formatted the cards by attaching the camera to my computer and using the computer's disk utility. After that, the card was recognized and working the way it should.
I took it for a short test drive and the video looks decent (for a $70 camera that is)

Here's a clip:

Could someone please give me the dimensions of their camera.
Length, width and height in in. or cm. Thanks for the help.

dorway said:
Could someone please give me the dimensions of their camera.
Length, width and height in in. or cm. Thanks for the help.

Length = 104mm
Width = 61mm
Height = 35mm (at thickest point, tapers down to 22mm at rear and 20mm at front)

With the monitor in the open position it is 94mm from the mounting point to the bottom of the monitor.

There could be an error of 1mm each way in my measurements.

Hope this helps.

Cheers :) Mario

Delta_T said:
Well wha-da-ya-know. It arrived today.
And it is way better then the cheap knock-off I had before this one. They look identical (apart from packaging) but estore009 is selling the real deal.
At first it wouldn't accept my SD cards. When I inserted the card, the screen went black. So I formatted the cards by attaching the camera to my computer and using the computer's disk utility. After that, the card was recognized and working the way it should.
I took it for a short test drive and the video looks decent (for a $70 camera that is)

Here's a clip:

For some reason your clip is only 480p. Have you checked your DVR settings to make sure you have 1280x720 selected?

You'll find it looks even better at the higher resolution and number plates become readable at close range.

dorway said:
Thanks Mario.

dorway, no problem :)

mariomart said:
For some reason your clip is only 480p. Have you checked your DVR settings to make sure you have 1280x720 selected?

You'll find it looks even better at the higher resolution and number plates become readable at close range.

My mistake. Yes, the camera is set correctly, but something went wrong with uploading it to Youtube.
This one should be better I think.
Thanks for pointing this out.

Mine came yesterday afternoon. I played around with it here in the house...can't wait to get it into the car. Then to figure out how to do the wiring so it doesn't show too much.

mariomart said:
Hi,
I haven't received my new charger yet. I found that the ferrite filters helped relieve a lot of the interference and I would advise you try them as an interim measure. Is the GPS an In-dash or widscreen mount? If it is an in-dash GPS do you know where the GPS antenna is located on-top the dash. Try increasing the distance between the wiring and the GPS antenna.

Cheers :) Mario

Hi
I have received mine this week. However for me, it did not work.
I used the new charger and still GPS is failing, at some point it starts losing precision and causing permanent re-routing. To sum up, i cannot use charger and GPS at the same time.

The GPS system is original Touch&Go from Toyota, it is in-built and I have no clue where the antena is located. I tried to put the wiring in diferent places but it seems it does not help.

In any case, i believe the seller estore009 did his best to solve this, by sending a replacement, so from my side no complaints in this sense.

Not sure , maybe i will try another camera but the fact is that even with this problem, i am happy with the camera.
the only point is when i need at the same time to use the GPS and charge the camera

regards

Here is a clip from Sweden.
My wife was driving, and there was a bike how pass by her, but on the wrong side :D
(don't forget to change to HD).

There is also a strange noise from our two DVR207 that you can here in the video.
Its like something vibrates.

Back