Next version of Mobius?

oa, H265 HEVC... this is the first cam with format compresstion. :(

Do not like photoshopped pictures :D i hope the M2 is smaller than this.
s-l1600.jpg

oa, H265 HEVC... this is the first cam with format compresstion. :(

This is supposed to be the newest best compression scheme that will soon replace H.264. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do. There are a few players so far like VLC that will handle it .

This is the USB plug on the X cam.

X-USB.jpg

USB2.jpg

Last edited:
I think its really only the 5 pins that's in play to power / charge and do data transfer ( the upper pins in the footage above )

Dont have any USB plug that also use the 5 lower pins and i cant recall having seen the 5 middle pins in use.

So which cable does the JooVuu-X use? Is it also a 10 pin? I assume, you must have it installed in your car with a 5 pin, as Dan spoke of earlier.

This is supposed to be the newest best compression scheme that will soon replace H.264. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do. There are a few players so far like VLC that will handle it .
you made me so disappointed ! My lap can't run VLC player :(
Tomorrow, I will email to eletop... would he ship one sample for me. Hope it still there. :(

So which cable does the JooVuu-X use? Is it also a 10 pin? I assume, you must have it installed in your car with a 5 pin, as Dan spoke of earlier.

10pin is used for extra's - usually data transferring or in our case GPS as well.

I assume the Mobius 2 seeing it has no GPS nor anything else like that, is using it just for data. 99.99% of the people will notice no difference.

Again I don't know their pin layout or anything but I currently see no reason except data for a 10pin layout for them.

after a minture, looking carefully in my usb socket in my lap, i think (believe) it's a 5 pin usb connection. So, it doesn't matter that much: 5 pin will be fine to read/write datas. 10 pin usb maybe only useful for AV out.
PS: 2 layer of pins. So there are 10 pin of usb in my laps.
But the cable will be with mobius 2 when we buy ?
So, nothing's worry about :p

Last edited:
That confuse me too those holes in the back of the socket, but i think the 10 pins is slide contacts thats on either side of that thing in the middle.
I have just added a pic of one of the USB 2.0 cables i got to power my stuff, this is the same cable i use in the car to power my SG9665GC. ( post # 307 )
And as you can see it onlt have contacts on one side so a 10 pin plug would look like this.

The pic blow is 10 pin as used by gopro, so i would assume its the same pinout, but now i am really interested in seeing that AV cable provided with the M2
usbpin.jpg

http://chargeconverter.com/blog/?p=130

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Mobius 2 / M2 5
Back