Next version of Mobius?

That white truck comming around the bend, thats one of those cases where you can kick yourself for not getting the capture, and wonder why you dident cuz all things seemed to be right. ( Plenty of light ASO )
Had somthing simmilar yesterday, was stopped at a red lighe when some one just blew thru red right in front of me, but sadly my cameras did not capture the red light that was clear as day to my eyes.

Clearly photography is just not turning on a camera and push the button, there are so many underlying factors many of which i know nothing about even with 1 year of photo-class back in the 8 or 9 grade.

Most ppl allso think they see a lot with ther own eyes, well in fact you only see a little clearly, the rest is just somthing your brain assume is that way, the actual part of the human FOV is terrible narrow, the rest is a haze the brain make you think is clear as day.

kamkar1, this is why 60fps is the most important factor for dashcams. You might not need it, depending on what you want to capture. If you have no need to capture license plates or do not care about that, 30fps will do just fine but as you said, there are plenty of other factors too, but for simple video recording 60fps will make a lot of things better, and get rid of some of the problems we have that we can not do anything about as these products are not DSLRs with all those fancy functions. 60fps will help against blurriness and give you more a more smooth video and more frames and will make is much more easy to read out license plate. Another thing that helps is a shake free mounting, that will make all video, even 30fps much better.

For me 30fps is fine, of course it would be nice to have the option to use 64gb or 128gb cards as this would help with 60fps too as the files gets larger, if you have a larger card it will last longer before it gets worn out by writing. Useful for a permanent installed dashcam in car, we will get there sometime in the future. The good news is that, most the chips coming out now, have 1080p 60fps, and in the future even digital image stabilization plus h265 will be there. We just have to wait.

Yeah 1080/60 seem to become the norm for single cameras, for the dual systems not so much at this time, but as you say things change.
I only have the x cam that can do 60 fps and so it have allso been what i have used for the most of my time with it,

Yeah 1080/60 seem to become the norm for single cameras, for the dual systems not so much at this time, but as you say things change.
I only have the x cam that can do 60 fps and so it have allso been what i have used for the most of my time with it,

Number 2 still not ready????

I wish i could order the Möbius 2 now.

Love the mobius 1 for the weight, the price and the quality.
Since then many other camera's came up with sort of the same specs and newer technologies.
I don't want to order one of them because i believe in the upgrade of the mobius.

Is there a date we can focus on?

I wish i could order the Möbius 2 now.

Love the mobius 1 for the weight, the price and the quality.
Since then many other camera's came up with sort of the same specs and newer technologies.
I don't want to order one of them because i believe in the upgrade of the mobius.

Is there a date we can focus on?

No. As a reseller they've been telling us 'it's almost ready for release' since October 2015. I know their sales have plummeted and we've heard rumours they're in trouble financially but again this was a rumour.

I know they were re-writing all the hooks for their HiSilicon chip and as such needed to hire a linux development team. I'd guess by the end of June but this is just on the tid-bits I've heard.

Swheeeet

I will not be able to buy one, but still chomping at the bid for this one.

firmware is up on the thread no doubt next version of mobius is imminent very soon

Looking forward to the new Mobius :)

You too eh? You have a place to mount in your already crowded RAV4?:D
I've been waiting too and also following Mobius thread in RC Group. Tom did say some features may not be ready in the initial firmware at launch. So may have to wait longer after launch to see how much Mobius2's improvement is/are. I'm really happy with my present Mobius.

I am also happy with my Mobius B Lens. I put it in the back of my car almost two years ago and never had any problems with it. And I am also looking forward to the new comer Mobius 2. I hope it will match and even overpass the good reputation of his older brother.

Only had a quick skim so this could most definitely be way off but I'd say it's a 2.36Mp Panasonic MN34220 vMaicovicon image sensor & Hisilicon Hi3516A SoC.

Hisilicon Hi3516A Datasheet:
http://www.ipcameramodule.com/wp-co...ssional-HD-IP-Camera-SoC-Brief-Data-Sheet.pdf

Panasonic MN34220 Datasheet:
http://www.semicon.panasonic.co.jp/ds4/MN34229PL_E.pdf

If that's right you're talking dewarp, H.265 support, max 5Mp @ 30fps (interpolated as the image sensor is 2.36Mp) & 1080p @ max 60fps.

Definitely Linux based too so hackability could be off the chart if they leave SSH open to wifi.

Last edited:
Panasonic's CCTV cameras have a reputation for offering outstanding low light performance. Maybe we'll get to see some of this in the Mobius 2?

That νMaicovicon is supposed to be their low light stuff so it will be interesting to see how this one pans out - they've definitely deviated from the norm anyway!

That νMaicovicon is supposed to be their low light stuff so it will be interesting to see how this one pans out - they've definitely deviated from the norm anyway!

Yeah, whatever happens, it's exciting to see a pending camera offering that is not just yet another re-packaging of the same solution(s) everyone else is using only in a different little box.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Mobius 2 / M2 5
Back