Official Mini 0801 Firmware 20140308

Thanks Joklin, it seems to be working normally again on 1202, maybe just a hardware thingy again.. ;-) , as stated previously it's been working flawlessly for probably 4 or 5 months, so I was a bit daft to change the firmware. ie. if it's working ok..leave alone..lol

firmware 20140308 is no bueno...went back to 20140116 and no issue.

That helps. At least 20140116 is the least popular build version (no GPS, w/ internal & external).

It may have been said before but be sure to delete all the files (or format the card) made with the old software as the new software won't delete those old files.

It may have been said before but be sure to delete all the files (or format the card) made with the old software as the new software won't delete those old files.

it's always best when doing an update to reset defaults and format the card before using the camera

I haven't read the entire thread, so can you give me a brief outline of problems we have en-counted with this software version.

After reading the thread the only problem seems to be "recycling", so if this happens then am I to presume that the software is stable.

After reading the thread the only problem seems to be "recycling", so if this happens then am I to presume that the software is stable.

His claim was "most stable". Remember there are four versions of firmware to cover all hardware configurations.

There are no firmware revision notes stating what bugs were fixed or features added. You can easily roll the firmware back to a previous one that better worked for you.

So far, I'm not detecting any problems after updating to this from 1202 with my hardware (w/GPS, no internal).

I just put 20140308 on my 801 (no internal w/GPS) I was having the "IO Card Error" issue a lot with my Samsung Class 6 32GB card and sometimes on a SanDisk Class 10 32GB card. Now that I got the update I'll put the Class 6 card in and run it for a few days and see if I have any IO Card errors. If I don't get any errors in a week or so then I'll try the Class 10 card as well. Hopefully, this resolves the issues for me. thanks to everyone in the forums for all you help.

Well here's a interesting thought, I loaded this software I'm experiencing problems with recycling. So rather than roll back to the previous software I contacted Ojocam who I purchased my camera from and he supplied the same software (firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin) which is working fine. The only difference that I can see is the splash screen which has his company name on it and the file is slightly smaller. So here a question for you, ---- Any ideas why?

Once again I have had great service from Ojocam.

Well here's a interesting thought, I loaded this software I'm experiencing problems with recycling. So rather than roll back to the previous software I contacted Ojocam who I purchased my camera from and he supplied the same software (firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin) which is working fine. The only difference that I can see is the splash screen which has his company name on it and the file is slightly smaller. So here a question for you, ---- Any ideas why?

Once again I have had great service from Ojocam.

the same file names or version numbers do not necessarily mean the firmware is the same (confusing I know), Ojocam do buy from a supplier that has genuine product, always better when using firmware from a known source

Having updated to this firmware, I've noticed that it's stopped recycling for me as well. Will go back to the previous version.

It would be good to put up somewhere just how to roll back these cameras, they will all be slightly different. Maybe it should be a sticky thread.

Rolling back is no different to updating, firmware file on the card and turn the camera on and follow the prompts

Man you must sleep with your computer, good to hear from you.

Is that the same with all the cameras?

Back