Panorama X2 Beta firmware 1.02.05 & 1.02.07 news

For 1ch dashcams 300x speed is enough ( Transcedn , Lexar ), but for panorama X2 it looks like 633x Lexar or some other similar ultra high-speed MLC is needed.

Seems like amazon UK listened to me.... The 64gb are £24.99 now :)

Got my cards. What format do I need them in and what's the best programme to do the formatting?

Got my cards. What format do I need them in and what's the best programme to do the formatting?
64gb is exFat. X2 accepts exFat, so you just isert them into memory card slots, go to menu and format each card.

sorry, i thought formatting it fat32 was the most stable at the moment?

sorry, i thought formatting it fat32 was the most stable at the moment?

@reverend is still formatting his Lexar 633x cards FAT32, but my customers have been formating them in the camera as exFAT for 1.02.05.
In the past, pre-1.02.05 formatting fat32 was best.

One of my brand new lexar 633x cards seems to have died. Camera came on after 12 hours of parking mode and beeped to say no front card inserted. Tried to read it using USB OTG but it can't even see it...... Any ideas why this may have happened?

I remembered that when I got the 2 cards, one of them came write protected and I formatted it. Maybe it's related to that. Either way amazon are sending me a new one tomorrow

And there's bad 1.02.05 news here after a few days on my new Lexar 633x 128GB cards. :-(

My new cards arrived on Monday June 15th and I formatted them in the X2. I examined the content of both cards after my first drive on Monday and everything seemed to be OK.

Last night during my pre-bedtime glance-into-the-garage-to-make-sure-everything-is-OK check, I noticed a glow coming from the X2 which was the infamous "frozen logo". I cursed and unplugged the X2's power cord and went to bed, leaving the investigation for this morning.

My wife had the X2 car all day yesterday. I asked her if she recalled the X2 display being on abnormally, and she had no recollection, but it's possible she might not have paid any attention to that since it is pretty much exclusively my gadget.

I examined the contents of both cards this morning. The front card has all of the expected content, up until the point when my wife returned to the car yesterday after 4.5 hours of parking. The last chronological video file (in any directory) on the card was a parking mode file of my wife getting into the car. She had possession of the car for another 8 hours but no other front card content was recorded after that last transition from parking mode to drive mode.

The rear card has big gaps in the record for both parking and drive modes. All of the expected content was there for the first day. Only partial drive content is present after that, and only a single drive file from yesterday on what was more than a 2-minute drive. There is zero parking content from yesterday during the same 4.5 hour timeframe captured by the front card.

Also, this morning I notice a file on the rear card root directory named _disk_id.pod with a timestamp from Monday night probably when I pulled the power plug prior to removing both cards to check the results of the first day. I don't recall seeing that file on Monday night. It would be odd for me to have missed that, since I was verifying proper operation of new cards.

So there are at least two issues here -- transition from parking to drive, and front vs. rear.

Both cards are still sitting on my desk and are available for further troubleshooting. Using Windows 7, I was able to successfully write a small .txt file to the root directory of each card just to verify that they hadn't flipped to read-only.

Are you using the highest 12.4V in power control settings? Anything else is too low.

@reverend do you know anything about _disk_id.pod? (And are you still running your Lexar cards formatted fat32?)

Yes, I'm using 12.4V as the power control shutoff threshold.

I am still running mine as FAT32 - well until Tuesday after which the X2 was dismounted after having the new windscreen and I'll not get chance to remount it until next week.

Those 128GB cards are an unknown quantity as the benchmarks differ largely to the 64GB cards so it kind of feels like they've used a different memory type in the 128GB cards.

The benchmark for the 64GB cards is here:
http://ourberries.com/2014/11/18/reviewed-lexar-high-performance-uhs-633x-microsd-64gb/

The 128GB cards are here:
http://ourberries.com/2015/04/23/reviewed-lexar-high-performance-uhs-i-633x-microsdxc-128gb/

You can see there's quite a difference in the performance of those two.

I do run mine as FAT32 as I'm trying to see if it corrupts the cards like it does with exFAT - @mcaf123 if the computer can't see it try running chkdsk against the letter and odds are it will come back.

I was running mine with voltage control disabled and the parking mode set at 18 hours since the weather warmed up and it was behaving nicely

Ah I missed he was running 128GB

Yes only the true MLC 64GB 633x Lexar cards are confirmed working good. I don't have any other reports of anyone trying the 128GB Lexar cards yet.

As for that _disk_id.pod file, I've seen some references to Movie Maker - have to admit it's not something I've noticed before on mine but I can't see any references to that filename in the X2 firmwares

Hmmm re Movie Maker. I was trying a number of different ways to view the video on the cards because RegistratorViewer just refuses to play video for me at anything other than normal speed. Movie Maker was one of the things I was experimenting with, so tying the presence of _disk_id.pod to that makes sense.

Do people have any recommendations for dash cam video viewers that can *reliably* play at faster than normal speed? That's kind of critical for plodding through hours of parking mode video.

RegistratorViewer will work for speed playing if you copy the videos off the memory card first. If you want to try reading direct off the card try a SDXC USB 3.0 card reader. It's generally recommended to copy all the files off the card though first.

Back