Panorama X2 Beta firmware 1.02.05 & 1.02.07 news

I've been on 1.02.05 for a while and can't remember having any issues to date. The only thing that seems to have gone funny is the G-sensor. It seems very inconsistent and will record an event in driving mode (set to low sensitivity) when I'm on a flat and straight road

I've been on 1.02.05 for a while and can't remember having any issues to date. The only thing that seems to have gone funny is the G-sensor. It seems very inconsistent and will record an event in driving mode (set to low sensitivity) when I'm on a flat and straight road

I have been running 1.02.05 for about a month now and it is clearly more stable than past versions. The biggest fix for me is that it no longer corrupts the memory card.

However, i am still experiencing random lockups and reboots at least 1 or 2 times a week. Something odd that i noticed is that this appears to now be happening more frequently as outside temperatures rise here in tx. Im not sure if its exceeding the rating of the unit or if its a memory card issue. It could also very well be entirelly unrelated. Its still disconcerting that i could be in an accident and the camera locks up and does not capture the incident. I constatly tap it to make sure its stable whenever i venture outside.

First real issue I've had on this FW. Check the camera to see its stuck on the boot logo. Pull the plug, put it back in and it boots up without the little chime it usually does :/

Are you using Transcend 300x cards? I suggest everyone switch to Lexar 633x MLC based cards for the best results.
I got these from you along with the camera as that's what you recommended

It's no longer recommend to use Transcend in the X2 after learning more over the last several months. We no longer sell Transcend 64GB cards and only sell Lexar 633x. . Luckily the prices have come way down for these cards as well.

£24.99 apiece for the 64gb one from my memory. Does that sound right? Amazon is £37! Tbh I wouldn't mind some more memory

Transcend 300x-series is a good memory card and is recommended for most dashams, its very reliable. However it looks like Panorama X2 works better with ultra-high speed memory cards like Lexar 633x or other reputable brands with writing speed 40-50Mbps.
I have been testing Taiwanese Taiwanese NMicro 64Gb MLC Ultra high speed memory card for past few month and very pleased with it. It looks like a real deal. Also Amazon reviews are very good.

• 711x-xWaPzL._SX522_.jpg
However few month is not long enough to say 100%, so I would recommend go with Lexar 633x 64Gb, they als include USB3.0 card reader which retails 4-5GBP ;)
Lexar = Micron ( by Micron ) = Aptina CMOS sensors, which are one of the most popular in dashcams.

I have been running 1.02.05 for about a month now and it is clearly more stable than past versions. The biggest fix for me is that it no longer corrupts the memory card.

However, i am still experiencing random lockups and reboots at least 1 or 2 times a week. Something odd that i noticed is that this appears to now be happening more frequently as outside temperatures rise here in tx. Im not sure if its exceeding the rating of the unit or if its a memory card issue. It could also very well be entirelly unrelated. Its still disconcerting that i could be in an accident and the camera locks up and does not capture the incident. I constatly tap it to make sure its stable whenever i venture outside.

In Texas here as well (DFW) and drive a black car. No lockups or reboots here. Using the Lexar 633x cards as stated above, also running 1.02.05.
It was 99 today on the dash temp gauge, no issues yet. *crosses fingers*
Having said that, I have to say this as well:
I don't use parking mode.
I don't park in the sun, I park in a parking garage at work, and the garage at home as well.
I use AC. :)

I can imagine if you parked in the sun, ran park mode, and didn't have AC running, it very well might be getting past max temps.

Amazon.com have big discounts on the lexar 633x cards right now!
To me price looks the same for past few weeks.
Can you please share links of discounted Lexar 633x ?

I was hoping to find a "bargain" on Amazon UK based on your location ;)
I would be happy to buy them locally ( UK / EU ), but USA is too far :(
My memory have the 64gb for £24.99 delivered. I've alerted amazon to their lower price and hope they'll match it. I've set a camelcamelcamel alert on it

My memory have the 64gb for £24.99 delivered. I've alerted amazon to their lower price and hope they'll match it. I've set a camelcamelcamel alert on it

Yeah, mymory has exactly the same price for 64gb 633x ( 24.99GBP / 42.99 usd ) as amazon.us

Back