Panorama X2 Beta firmware 1.02.05 & 1.02.07 news

Like a quick power down and power up with the logo and boot up sound.
I will try to make a video tonight, will be done work in about 3-4 hours, the car has been parked for a while now.

1.2.5 is still beta, correct? When's the expected release date?

Of course when i try to record it everything is fine..... i know i wasnt seeing stuff with the menu buttons......

No matter how many times i try to replicate what i saw that one day is not happening. The X2 works fine! Next time i will not report unless I have proof.

No matter how many times i try to replicate what i saw that one day is not happening. The X2 works fine! Next time i will not report unless I have proof.

No problem. It's better to report rather to hide your concern, so other users can double check and confirm.

When I've seen really weird issues with the X2 it's usually because of an issue with the filesystem.

Usually powering the X2 off, removing the microSD cards and running them through chkdsk on a PC and then reversing that process is enough to get it going smoothly again.

I've had it freeze a few times now. And today just driving along and it made a long beep then rebooted and gave the insert read SD card message. I checked the rear card and all the files were gone (said no SD card) formated the rear card and its recording again.

You
I've had it freeze a few times now. And today just driving along and it made a long beep then rebooted and gave the insert read SD card message. I checked the rear card and all the files were gone (said no SD card) formated the rear card and its recording again.
you using the beta 1.02.05 firmware and 64GB MLC card?

Yes 1.02.05 and SanDisk 64GB ultra micro SDXC class 10 not sure if it's MLC though. Never had a card error before.

Ok, encountered something weird again, similar to my previous post. Also found out that it stopped recording in parking mode at about 4:30 pm yesterday but was still on.

Do we have a release date for this firmware? It's been six weeks since it was first mentioned and it's still in beta form (And clearly still with issues...)

We have quite a few customers running 1.02.05 now. X2 customers using Lexar 633x cards are having good results. It's probably safe to release this firmware for all as an interm production release soon.

Anyone that wants to update please message your seller until it's posted in a new public thread.

Last edited:
Do we have a release date for this firmware? It's been six weeks since it was first mentioned and it's still in beta form (And clearly still with issues...)
Why do we want it released if it still has clear issues - it SHOULD REMAIN IN BETA until they are resolved.

No doubt, but this camera is yet to have solid firmware since it's release, and it's taking far too long to get working firmware to market. From memory, 1.01.09 and 1.02.05 have been the only two firmware releases without significant issues (I.E they *generally* work fine), and they're still not perfect...

Camera is now 9 months old, I'd expect better by now.

Mind you I appreciate the efforts by Jon and others in pushing updates and working with the manufacturer, nor am I blaming them for these issues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back