Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.01 (memory manage fix = Stability improved) Rear 12Mbs/15Mbs Obeyed

Just experienced the grey box once again, this time on 1.02.02 firmware. I was leaving from work today and when I started my car the X2 booted up and I hear a beep. A grey bar appears and I am unable to interact with the camera. Last time this happened, I took the front card out and reformatted. I don't know why this keeps happening.

Here is a video showing the issue: https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A45oqs3qixSmw;3375BAE2-F621-4577-A0BC-7196945CE8A2

I get that every time I turn on but without the bar across the middle. I have to wait for the green across the top to start to record and go red, then I get a responsive screen.

I get that every time I turn on but without the bar across the middle. I have to wait for the green across the top to start to record and go red, then I get a responsive screen.

This is different. The camera is entirely unresponsive and never starts recording.

I did a scan of the sdcard and this is what is reported:

Verifying volume “disk1s1”
Main boot region is invalid.
Trying alternate boot region.
The bitmap needs to be repaired.
Main boot region needs to be updated.
The volume HD2_F was found corrupt and needs to be repaired.
Error: This disk needs to be repaired.

Click Repair Disk.

Verify and Repair volume “disk1s1”Main boot region is invalid.
Trying alternate boot region.
The bitmap needs to be repaired.
Main boot region needs to be updated.
The volume HD2_F was repaired successfully.

Something is happening during the power saver mode which is causing the front sdcard to be corrupted. I'm not seeing the issue on the rear card.

Perhaps there is a potential for corruption of the sdcard if the camera is recording at the same time power is cutoff? Not sure.

Perhaps there is a potential for corruption of the sdcard if the camera is recording at the same time power is cutoff? Not sure.
If that were true, then wouldn't there be many more complaints about this as whenever the low voltage cut off kicks in it would power off during recording? Just my 2 cents

One time I had trouble with the screen not responding, I thought I turned the key too fast to start. It may be a coincidence but for others seeing this "issue", try turning your key slower to see if it improves. I can't promise it was directly related, it could have been all in my head.

Got an encounter of the grey box again with FW 1.02.01 using Transcend 64G 300x from Pier 28.

=========================================
Corruption was found while examining the boot region.
Windows is verifying files and folders...
Volume label is HD2_F.
Corruption was found while examining the volume bitmap.
File and folder verification is complete.
=========================================

Should I upgrade to 1.02.02 or 1.02.03 now?

The best fix so far is pointing at using MLC meme key cards rather than TLC

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/MLC-MicroSD-Cards.10294/

Still doesn't explain why I can go to any PC (Mac, Windows, or Linux), run repair, and I am back in business. It would be great (added to wishlist) if the cam had some error recovery built in if there is corruption. There has to be a library of sort that the firmware can leverage. Not a permanent fix, but would be extremely useful if out in the field and I don't have access to a PC to repair my dash cam memory card.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have been asking for that functionality since November now - some platforms definitely can do that but so far Sungmoon hasn't found it on the Coach platform.

If there are no issues when power control is disabled then that's good news - I have read that some microSD cards can fail when power is cut at the wrong time and maybe the Transcend failures could be due to something as silly as that?!

Back