Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.03 (Rear Parking mode camera recording enhanced / Stability Improved)

Appreciate the support, maybe I'm not getting my point across clearly as I seem to be getting taken way out of context and misunderstood, I spend time on this forum to try and improve what people get out of the products because let's face it there's no support at all for a lot of product and a lot of people are left high and dry with zero support which is bad for the category in general

I don't come here to have people pick fights because they don't get where I'm coming from, waste of everyone's time

Appreciate the support, maybe I'm not getting my point across clearly as I seem to be getting taken way out of context and misunderstood, I spend time on this forum to try and improve what people get out of the products because let's face it there's no support at all for a lot of product and a lot of people are left high and dry with zero support which is bad for the category in general

I don't come here to have people pick fights because they don't get where I'm coming from, waste of everyone's time
I've been around here long enough to know that mate and certainly appreciate the help and advice you've given me! Keep it up

Perhaps we need clarification from Jon.

How long do owners wait if the update process bar hangs before removing power?

What if the bar hangs in the middle of update, not at the end?

For the record, I have not had an update hang, either in middle or at end. I have read here of others hanging at the end. Don't recall seeing any that posted a hang in the middle. We can't ignore the possibility of it potentially occuring and I think we do need to cover the scenarios to educate owners, perhaps even put the notice in the pdf manual if it isn't covered already.

Something just happened to my X2 that I've not experienced yet....
1) I was parked up on the side of a road for a couple of hours. I tapped the camera to turn on the screen and saw it was in parking mode as it should have been. However, there was a steady stream of traffic going by and yet it wasn't recording anything.
2) I turned on the ignition and it came out of parking mode as expected, yet it didn't start recording.
3) I could switch between front and rear cam, but no other buttons were working.
4) I took the power cable out and put it back in and everything started working fine after that. I checked the parking files and the last ones recorded were when I was parked up the time just before this 2 hour stint

@mcaf123, assuming you are on 1.2.3? When something like that happens to me (not recording on startup, button response problems), I generally format the cards a couple times just to try and flush out anything and start new. If you want to save the recordings first on a PC, go ahead and also check the cards for any errors while you have it connected to the PC.

@mcaf123, assuming you are on 1.2.3? When something like that happens to me (not recording on startup, button response problems), I generally format the cards a couple times just to try and flush out anything and start new. If you want to save the recordings first on a PC, go ahead and also check the cards for any errors while you have it connected to the PC.
Yeah I'm on the latest firmware. I've actually never formatted them as I'm using the recommended transcend 300x 32gb cards. I'll give that a go... How do I check the cards? I've seen it mentioned before

Yeah I'm on the latest firmware. I've actually never formatted them as I'm using the recommended transcend 300x 32gb cards. I'll give that a go... How do I check the cards? I've seen it mentioned before

For formatting, I use a Panasonic program? There are a few others, I don't recall the links or names at the moment, Sandisk makes one too I think.

For checking, I use Windows 7, so I just right click on Properties and do a error check under Tools, if necessary.

The "coincidence" whereby the camera low voltage cutoff kicks in has just happened to me again. I see myself opening the boot on playback, but the camera had shut down. I'm turning off the power control for the moment to see what happens. We really really need some sort of logging implemented asap.... Everything else is just speculation until we get that

I've found something else and this could be related to the rear camera issue we've seen before.

I normally have the front camera showing but happened to have the rear one showing now. After turning off the ignition and the camera successfully going into parking mode you can see from the pic below that the recording status is stuck with a green light but 57 secs. When u switch to the front camera it all appears to be ok.

86752fcbf5c32e294aa96b7141391de2.jpg

56a9cfaa1b8888887e7d09c1df74e586.jpg

1) I've never had a report where the firmware update hung mid-way through the update. I've never instructed anyone to pull the power if the progress bar is paused in the middle and they didn't wait longer. This is just a "what if" conversation it seems

2) The few hangs that have been reported are when the process bar is at the very end. Waiting 5 minutes is plenty of time. You can safely unplug the power at that time. It's always turned back on fine every time.

Jokiin is just listing what the general rules are but I'm willing to adjust as needed on a case by case basis of course. I don't understand what the "what if" scenario panic is about. I will continue to provide as clear instructions as possible and always reply as quick as possible via my iPhone and tapatalk. You won't find a more dedicated global team effort than Jokiin, Niko and myself when it comes to Street Guardian products. The new X1 will be Street Guardian branded but the X2 will remain straight Panorama. All the products I sell receive the same level of support. I really appreciate that jokiin provides me with advice on X2 support even if it's not his product. He always goes the extra mile to help anyone and everyone to advance DashCam knowledge globally.

1) I've never had a report where the firmware update hung mid-way through the update. I've never instructed anyone to pull the power if the progress bar is paused in the middle and they didn't wait longer. This is just a "what if" conversation it seems

2) The few hangs that have been reported are when the process bar is at the very end. Waiting 5 minutes is plenty of time. You can safely unplug the power at that time. It's always turned back on fine every time.

Jokiin is just listing what the general rules are but I'm willing to adjust as needed on a case by case basis of course. I don't understand what the "what if" scenario panic is about. I will continue to provide as clear instructions as possible and always reply as quick as possible via my iPhone and tapatalk. You won't find a more dedicated global team effort than Jokiin, Niko and myself when it comes to Street Guardian products. The new X1 will be Street Guardian branded but the X2 will remain straight Panorama. All the products I sell receive the same level of support. I really appreciate that jokiin provides me with advice on X2 support even if it's not his product. He always goes the extra mile to help anyone and everyone to advance DashCam knowledge globally.
Amen to that brother!

I think these random lock ups are still related to the filesystem issues due to the way power is being cut - like Rick says something in the code isn't quite right which we've suspected for a while. When I had those random issues pulling the cards and running "chkdsk /f" against the drive letter of the microSD would get it running normally again.

As for bricking, there are two USB service ports inside the unit, and there are SDK tools from Zoran that can reprogram devices - Sila I think has one of these tools that works this way and reprograms the ELF file directly to the camera.

I've not cracked mine open as want to retain the warranty but when I get some spare time (work is ridiculous lately) I may decide to bite the bullet and work it out and tweak my focus as it's annoying me as it's a very early unit and slightly out.

You're in safe hands with @Pier28, @jokiin and @niko though.

I agree the built in 3-wire power and power cut off monitoring has introduced New variables. The X2 is more complicated than any of the other products. Improvements will continue to be made until we get it right.

A short term work around solution may be to turn off the built In power cutoff and add a 3rd party MotoPark PANOBDP . I'm happy to send one to any X2 customer if needed.

Amen to that brother!
Absolutely. Its a shame that this was in the topic it was as I have no issues at all with @Pier28 nor the support for the X2 nor the customer service I've received which was and remains excellent.

My beef remains with the comments from a manufacturer about customer firmware updates bricking units. It became it's own topic, but I have no way of splitting it off.

Sorry if its cast a cloud on @Pier28 service, this was not my intention and is not the case.

your beef was from taking something out of context and running with it, as I said if you follow instructions you have no issue

Good idea to video record the update process!!! Ive also not had any issues with updating (no freezes at the end either) but this is just sound advice, given its your word against the manufacturer.

I've found a way to trip up the software...
1) ignition off and in parking mode
2) press the settings button and watch a recorded video
3) turn the ignition on whilst playing and return to the recording screen
4) the X2 thinks it's still in parking mode and doesn't record

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Back