Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.03 (Rear Parking mode camera recording enhanced / Stability Improved)

If voltage and parking time settings are both off it would be in drive only mode?

If voltage and parking time settings are both off it would be in drive only mode?
Don't think so. I've had it this way for about a week and had parking files present

Not sure why it wouldn't have recorded at all tbh. Not messed about with any settings or anything at all

overwriting files is handled one at a time so deleting all doesn't really add up, I would think not having recorded for that 27 hours would be greater odds

When I got in the car and checked the camera, it would only allow me to change the camera view, not access the settings. There was also no count of motion and G-sensor triggers visible.
Mine does the same. It is very strange,, I just changed the sad cards, the rear in the front and the front to the rear slot and all of a sudden start working. I could access the settings. It does not make any sense to me but worked.

I had a major malfunction yesterday running firmware 1.02.03.

It had been nearly a week since I last formatted the memory cards, and everything had been working OK and I was periodically playing content from the cards on my PC with RegistratorViewer.

But while driving to the gym last night, the screen suddenly came on, but displaying a still shot from inside my garage. Once I parked, the screen interface was either sluggish or non-responsive. Most of the settings were hosed, with non-default weird values for most. I would attempt to reconfigure the settings and it would appear to take, but then would be lost again.

I tried formatting the cards with the X2. It appeared to format OK, but not really. The front cam card still has content. Attempting a quick format from Windows fails immediately without any helpful explanation. Attempting a full format from Windows runs for a very long time, then at the end says the formatting failed. Downloading and running Transcend's formatting utility says a full format completes successfully, yet the data is still present.

Breaking out the really big hammer of the Windows command-line DISKPART utility says success when I delete the volume, the partition, or clean the disk (haven't tried a "clean all" that purports to write zeroes to all bytes), but the data is still present.

What the heck is going on here?

I had to drive in to that circle of Hell known as downtown Los Angeles today, but I didn't dare leave the X2 powered with things as weird as they currently are. I leave in a week for a much longer road trip and would really like to get this resolved before then.

I've never had any kind of memory card have a hardware failure, though I can't rule that out, but I'm not sure how to prove it one way or the other. Seeming more likely to me is some sort of corruption on the card, but how do I either repair it or absolutely positively destroy/overwrite all bits on the card and start over? DISKPART is the biggest data hammer I know of on Windows. I am also fluent in Linux, but I have not had any prior experience messing with memory cards over there, so somebody would have to talk me through those processes if we wanted to try something other than Windows.

That sounds like a memory error on the card that's triggered a safety mechanism that flipped it into read only mode so you can get your data off.

Useless for dashcams but very good for memory cards used in phones and cameras. On the flipside due to fact you can't wipe them most people then won't RMA as they wouldn't want someone looking at personal data so encourages them to buy new cards.

What sort of card is it? Transcend? It can happen to any brand

@mcaf123 do both cards check out ok in chkdsk as weird issues can happen when the filesystem is in a state.

If the camera ever recorded in parking mode when voltage control is off and the amount of hours is off that's mega dangerous and should be a bug as it could just keep going until the car battery is flat

@mcaf123 do both cards check out ok in chkdsk as weird issues can happen when the filesystem is in a state.

If the camera ever recorded in parking mode when voltage control is off and the amount of hours is off that's mega dangerous and should be a bug as it could just keep going until the car battery is flat

I'll check the cards when I can be bothered getting out of bed lol.

With regards to the settings, that would be expected behaviour. My car battery seems to be up to the task, even in the cold weather and if I ever left my car standing longer than 24 hours or so, I'd turn the camera off.

Haven't checked the cards yet, but just checked the camera quickly. I tapped the screen and all I see is this:
473824254f5fb0e83a30717e576f3199.jpg

However, this time I'm able to get into the settings menu, check the files and see that there are plenty of parking videos since I left the car last night, including the one of me getting into the car just now.

That sounds like a memory error on the card that's triggered a safety mechanism that flipped it into read only mode so you can get your data off.

Useless for dashcams but very good for memory cards used in phones and cameras. On the flipside due to fact you can't wipe them most people then won't RMA as they wouldn't want someone looking at personal data so encourages them to buy new cards.

What sort of card is it? Transcend? It can happen to any brand

The card is Transcend. Windows apparently has great difficulty in recognizing the read-only state of this card. The only tool I've found that consistently detects & reports the read-only state (aka write-protected) is the SD Association formatter tool:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

I purchased my cards directly from Amazon so there is a no-hassle free replacement policy. The cam footage on the card is not particularly exciting so I don't mind if Amazon (or whoever) sees it. Alas, the estimated ship date isn't until after I return from my upcoming road trip.

It would be helpful if the X2 could detect read-only state at boot up or formatting rather than just behaving bizarrely. I will suggest this on the wish list thread.

Haven't checked the cards yet, but just checked the camera quickly. I tapped the screen and all I see is this:
473824254f5fb0e83a30717e576f3199.jpg

However, this time I'm able to get into the settings menu, check the files and see that there are plenty of parking videos since I left the car last night, including the one of me getting into the car just now.
There is no recording in progress. Is that looking at the rear camera?

There is no recording in progress. Is that looking at the rear camera?
Can't remember which camera was showing at that time. My car was pointing towards the street in the driveway where many people drive and walk past, so there should have been many motion files. It could very well have been showing the rear camera as it seems to be something causing a few issues amongst users I've noticed

Just checked both SD cards and the one that it was in the slot for the front cam has footage, the one in the rear slot nothing. when insert in comp both has the name hd_2. :confused:

Just checked both SD cards and the one that it was in the slot for the front cam has footage, the one in the rear slot nothing. when insert in comp both has the name hd_2. :confused:
looks like they are named wrongly. aren't they supposed to be HD2_F and HD2_R ?

both are named HD2_F, when the are supposed to be HD2_F and HD2_R

Getting the cards the wrong way around seems to trip this one up - thinking about it have you had the cards in the wrong way around when formatting as it sounds like they've both been formatted in the front slot last?

There must be something in the code that's using the card name somewhere.

Have you tried formatting the card in the rear slot so it gets the correct name and seeing what happens then?

i marked the cards so i do not misplace them. never put them in the wrong slot. i will format them again, will test them and update later

Back