Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.04 (Power Control Calibrated/Measured Values raised, Increased Stability)

Noticed your clock is frozen same as I saw too mate.

Hopefully Sungmoon will be able to crack this one sharpish - one of these bugs is probably half causing a lot of the other issues too - it's like playing Jenga :)

Noticed your clock is frozen same as I saw too mate.

Hopefully Sungmoon will be able to crack this one sharpish - one of these bugs is probably half causing a lot of the other issues too - it's like playing Jenga :)

Not all scenarios can be replicated in lab. Only way to help out a firmware guys to start working in the right direction is to report as many as possible ideas from X2 owners observations, so we can create some kind of pattern.

What firmware should i be using thats reliable atm?

For me earlier ( non-exFat ) firmwares worked flawlessly, but you can not format 64gb cards inside., only Fat32 memory cards ( 32Gb ) can be formatted.
If using a latest firmwares, then any of them works fine as long as you disable parking.
For me personally almost all was fine till v1.02.04

For me earlier ( non-exFat ) firmwares worked flawlessly, but you can not format 64gb cards inside., only Fat32 memory cards ( 32Gb ) can be formatted.
If using a latest firmwares, then any of them works fine as long as you disable parking.
For me personally almost all was fine till v1.02.04

I will be using a 64gb card.
one of the main points i wanted this cam was for parking mode~

So i guess there isn't a reliable firmware yet then, for 64gb & parking mode

I will be using a 64gb card.
one of the main points i wanted this cam was for parking mode~

So i guess there isn't a reliable firmware yet then, for 64gb & parking mode

Parking mode is also one of the main reasons for me why I have X2 and mostly no issues till latest FW with using a Transcend 64Gb 300x, but as you might read from posts, lately there has been issue reports coming from users who has Transcend cards. My memory cards are from half year ago batch, so there are assumptions related to different batches, but it is not confirmed yet. Checking different possibilities, but I am afraid that it might not be related to memory cards type ( MLC, SLC etc. ), but how firmware handles a power control.

I reloaded 1.01.09 last night All these issues went away.

Yeah, that is my suggestion to roll back and use older one until new will be sorted.
I did the same after convinced that it is not about "MLC, SLC, - issue", but more to how power control is handling different scenes as I descried in early posts.

Tested today v1.02.04 with 3 different high quality memory cards ( incl Lexar MLC ) and with all three I had LCD screen freeze when going from driving to parking mode.

2015-03-24 08.49.28.jpg

One small issue I forgot to mention.....the clock seems to loose time. No biggie but thought I'd mention it.

@niko did you get the screen freeze with the engine running or was the engine off when you were switching between modes?

@niko did you get the screen freeze with the engine running or was the engine off when you were switching between modes?

The screen freeze ( working, but no touch screen reaction ) I had with not engine running, only when playing with ACC on / off, - this happened with all 3 memory cards. But later I draw with 32Gb Toshiba memory cards, parked car for 5min ( BDP set to 12.4 ), came back and screen was black. I don't believe BDP kicked in after 5 min parking. Anyway, started car, but X2 had still black screen, - it did not start up. Turned off ignition and started car again, only then X2 fired up from 2nd try. For past two day I had few times same scenario when I had to start engine twice, in order to get X2 started, because from first try it did not power ON some time. And I was not using a delay-start. Those scenes happened after I parked for short period, so the engine was hot and I start engine from first key-push without delay-warm-up.

I dont know if it is a lock up or it is made to do it like that, this is what happens every time i do it:
12.1 voltage cut off
18 hours cut off
Motion off
G sensor on high
I get in to my car, touch the screen and it lids up, showing motion 0, g sensor 3 events, than before the screen shut down i start my car and the cam turns off, it does it every time i do it. But when i wait for the screen to turn off and than start the car never turns the x2 off. Every time i start the car without touching the screen everything is fine, goes from parking mode to drive mode.

That's great news Niko as it means it's fairly easily repeatable - all SM needs to do is wait until BDP kicks in, and then he can replicate the problem fairly easily by switching ACC on and off without starting the engine :)

That's great news Niko as it means it's fairly easily repeatable - all SM needs to do is wait until BDP kicks in, and then he can replicate the problem fairly easily by switching ACC on and off without starting the engine :)

yeah, I assumed for long period about conflict of BDP and also need to think about delay start, but now the more we get together our thoughts ( good / bad experiences ), - I hope the easier would be for engineers to work out the issue.

so dose it mean that with 1.02.04 we will face the screen hang, freeze or whatever you guy call it..which I did encounter.
For any other firmware..we will face the issue of SD card problem , like hang or stop recording?
For my experience, I face the screen freeze or hang when I use the 1.02.04 firmware... be it transcan or sandisk.
But before I upgrade to the latest, I face the issue of camera stop recording or can not find front memory card when using the transcan card. But no issue when using the sandisk extreme 32GB.
So likely we have two issues here?

so dose it mean that with 1.02.04 we will face the screen hang, freeze or whatever you guy call it..which I did encounter.
For any other firmware..we will face the issue of SD card problem , like hang or stop recording?
For my experience, I face the screen freeze or hang when I use the 1.02.04 firmware... be it transcan or sandisk.
But before I upgrade to the latest, I face the issue of camera stop recording or can not find front memory card when using the transcan card. But no issue when using the sandisk extreme 32GB.
So likely we have two issues here?

It sounds like conflict of memory cards / brands and power control, or combination of both.
Myself didn't had major memory cards issues till v1.02.04 by using Transcend 64Gb 300x and 32Gb Toshiba.
To find out where most "bugs" starting coming out, I guess best is to roll back to earlier firmware and see how your both memory cards behaves there.
I will try testing for 3-4 days v1.01.09 and if there is no issues ( just a "beep" on / off ), then I guess developer should look into firmware root changes ( errors ? ) between v1.01.09 vs latest one. But this is just assumptions on how to get to the bottom of this issue. At least it is worth to try. Will see after 3-4 days.
Hope others can also test v1.01.09 and report back.

v1.01.09 can be downloaded from here:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...exfat-microsdxc-format-support-and-more.8967/

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the issue with freezing when going from drive mode to parking mode on 1.02.04 is definitely reproducible at will - just done it again.

And this time I have the footage from the Lukas camera too when the crash happens and indeed it shows the voltage is very low.

At a guess the camera is getting confused because the engine is not started so it doesn't expect to go from drive mode to park mode at just 11V (the Lukas has an offset of 0.3V so I'm guessing it's more like 11.3-11.4V)

Sent SM some more details to help him zone in

Guys, all of you with issues, do you have the camera hardwired into the car ?
Did you do it yourselves ?

The reason i ask is because i noticed something interesting whilst working on my car recently. 12v isn't always true 12v .
When looking for a 12v source in my work car ( brand new Toyota Hilux ), i noticed that some wires were showing down to 11v.
The only explanation i could think of is that i was reading a signal voltage as opposed to a supply voltage. With newer cars having several computers, it is possible to read a signal voltage going from one computer to another. This may be enough to power up a low current device like the X2, but will most likely cause functionality issues.
The other possibility i guess, is that in older cars either the circuitry or the battery are showing their age.

1 - make sure you use a reliable ground reference point. The chassis of the car is best.
2 - When looking for a 12v source, ALWAYS make sure it is true 12v. What i mean by that, make sure it gives EXACTLY the same voltage reading as if you were reading straight from the battery. If it differs by as little as .5v, it means that there is voltage drop. DON"T USE IT as it is being affected by something else. This is tru for both B+ and ACC . They both must be true 12v ( battery voltage ).

If you wanna test this theory, run a temporary cable directly from the battery to the X2, at least for the B+ cable. The ACC isn't as critical as it is a signal wire, only telling the X2 to switch over to driving mode.

See how you go.

Back