Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.04 (Power Control Calibrated/Measured Values raised, Increased Stability)

Not good. Can I reload a older firmware?

I updated over this passed weekend from 1.01.09 with no issues. I format upload as normal and have nothing but lockup and no screen response when touching screen. Had no issue when first upload FW. Card are same as I been using 128gb. Setting are all the same. I see beep has been fixed but know my unit show red recording but not counting up in time. Touch screen nothing. Pulled cards reviewed it appears it records when it wants. Major step backwards in my opinion Can I go backward in FW?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try and report back if me issue are corrected. What was the changes besides the beep? What ever changed had a huge effect on my unit and not for the best.

Thanks

I will try and report back if me issue are corrected. What was the changes besides the beep? What ever changed had a huge effect on my unit and not for the best.

Thanks

The firmware prior to 1.02.04 was 1.02.03 1.02.01 & 1.01.09 (see hyperlinks for details)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I ever updated 1.02.xx I think I planned to but got busy till this past weekend.

I watched the powerup procedure on a lockup this morning.
Unit unresponsive from low voltage check
Turned on ignition
Unit powered to logo screen and then went blank
No startup chime was heard
Unit failed to respond - blank screen
Turned off ignition and turned on ignition - unit started OK.

This lockup has to be at a point before the cards are even being read as its not even booted up at this point!

NZ. That is what happen to me as well today. That was one of the cases. I bet it is a setting changed in the firmware. Lol yes captain obvious here. I do not think its card issues since I have had not any issues with cards in months until this upgrade. Hope they have and keep records of what the programmer changed.

That's slightly differently to what I saw - if the camera has already cut out due to voltage control it really has a strop if you turn the ignition in my car to ACC without starting the engine - I think something in there gets confused where it doesn't start off certain processes because it's under the voltage threshold - this was what I got yesterday:

After that video I fired up the engine and as in the video it started recording fine and has worked fine since.

I'm hoping the fact that this problem occurs after voltage cut off should make it easier to replicate for Sungmoon.

I got that today same as video

That's slightly differently to what I saw - if the camera has already cut out due to voltage control it really has a strop if you turn the ignition in my car to ACC without starting the engine - I think something in there gets confused where it doesn't start off certain processes because it's under the voltage threshold - this was what I got yesterday:

After that video I fired up the engine and as in the video it started recording fine and has worked fine since.

I'm hoping the fact that this problem occurs after voltage cut off should make it easier to replicate for Sungmoon.

Ok, it seams now the voltage cut off is the issue. I was running my x2 in the beginning powered in the cig lighter so the voltage cut off shouldn't be an issue, and still i had lock ups. Not like the one on the Reverend's video, but blank screen, unresponsive, almost every time i drove my car. Now hardwired running 24/7 and its fine so far.

All other panorama cams are super stable, no issues. The BDP inside the x2 makes it very complicated.

Here's a 100% baseless speculation:
Battery voltage can drop and fluctuate on car start-up. I guess adjusting the implied 0.4v 'voltage drop' between the menu setting (12.4v) and what's really in the well-wired car (12.0v) to only 0.2V, makes for far too many events where the X2 sees the voltage drop to 12.2V when the starter is cranking hard and the camera shuts down. Extending the measuring period for a shut-down event could be doable, but probably runs into insufficient X2's internal battery capacity in a regular shutdown event when there's recording activity going on at the same time.
Basically, I think I'm done waiting for a working BDP, I'm buying a standalone device. Should've done it last fall.

so dose it mean it two issues or one issue?
Both memory card and power cut off -restart issue or just the power cut off issue?
What is your firmware version?
Have you try using those external constant power supply module? for example this:
4eef4e81-2697-4969-8e10-b9c87a25e435.gif

Just to add my limited experience of the X2.....

Had my Niko supplied x2 running for 2 days with latest 1.02.04 firmware & 2 x 32GB Integral Ultima Pro Class 10 MicroSD cards.

Car parked up for several hours and on return, started car, tapped screen and nothing. Carried on driving home and after 30 minutes felt camera body and it was cold. I then removed and replaced the power lead and the X2 chimed into life and behaved as expected.

When I arrived home, I powered down the X2 and removed the cards. Examining the stored footage, I can see that both front and rear cams were recording via motion sensing parking mode, right up until I started my car (last file shows me walking up to my car). Then no video capture at all until I manually removed and inserted power cable some 30 minutes later and well into my drive home.

Voltage cut off set to 12.4v and parking mode duration 12 hours.

The fact the X2 was still recording up until engine start must mean the car battery was healthy (as in above 12.4 volts) therefore the problem has to be related to the switch from parking mode to drive mode. My car is a diesel, so I leave the ignition switch at ACC for a few seconds while the igniter could heat up.

For now, I'll just manually power up the X2 every time I get into the car just to make sure it's actually on and doing what I bought it for. ;o)

Just to add my limited experience of the X2.....

Had my Niko supplied x2 running for 2 days with latest 1.02.04 firmware & 2 x 32GB Integral Ultima Pro Class 10 MicroSD cards.

Car parked up for several hours and on return, started car, tapped screen and nothing. Carried on driving home and after 30 minutes felt camera body and it was cold. I then removed and replaced the power lead and the X2 chimed into life and behaved as expected.

When I arrived home, I powered down the X2 and removed the cards. Examining the stored footage, I can see that both front and rear cams were recording via motion sensing parking mode, right up until I started my car (last file shows me walking up to my car). Then no video capture at all until I manually removed and inserted power cable some 30 minutes later and well into my drive home.

Voltage cut off set to 12.4v and parking mode duration 12 hours.

The fact the X2 was still recording up until engine start must mean the car battery was healthy (as in above 12.4 volts) therefore the problem has to be related to the switch from parking mode to drive mode. My car is a diesel, so I leave the ignition switch at ACC for a few seconds while the igniter could heat up.

For now, I'll just manually power up the X2 every time I get into the car just to make sure it's actually on and doing what I bought it for. ;o)

I also drive a diesel and before did not had major issues with delay-start affecting work of unit going from drive to parking mode or opposite. Also almost no freezes ( only few times when was updating to one of FW, dont remember which one, but switching cards between slots sorted this ).
With "latest" v1.02.04 also worked find for 1 week, but later strange issues started coming out as I reported earlier in this thread and I can not not find any pattern of what it could be related to.
The only way I found out is to use X2 flawlessly is to disable a parking mode until developer releases a new firmware or roll back to some of the earlier FW versions.

Maybe a startup delay at cold boot would help with diesels - it helped every other camera I've had so far which turned off during cranking a diesel?

I sent Sungmoon the video of the unit crashing on 1.02.04 so maybe that will help him a bit?

Maybe a startup delay at cold boot would help with diesels - it helped every other camera I've had so far which turned off during cranking a diesel?

I sent Sungmoon the video of the unit crashing on 1.02.04 so maybe that will help him a bit?

I dint remember any dashcam having issue with diesel delay start. Even all those 2ch dashcams which had to be hard-wired ( ACC, BAT, ground ) also didnt had any issues goes from parking to driving and back. And X2 also worked relatively fine ( just very minor non important issues ) till now. But I would also consider adding a start up delay option selectable from menu ( 5,10,15 sec ) like on latest SG model. This might help about freezes when starting from overnight parking when X2 is switched off due to BDP cut-off, but I am not sure if it will help when going from active Parking mode recording into Driving recording mode because those are two different scenarios where for each one need a different approach when writing changes to firmware.

1. scenario: delay when turning on from being powered OFF buy BDP voltage cut off.
2. scenario: delay when going from active parking mode recording to driving recording.

If its too difficult to add a selectable delay start, then I believe 10 second would be enough, because most diesels are OK with 5-6 sec warm up, but just to be on the safe side, I believe 10 sec. would be best value.

Anyway, just few of my thoughts after few crazy-busy days where I could not be too active on forum. But now I am back and ready to for "brain-storming" :)

Added:
Of course also need to look into Logo freezing issue when being in Parking mode, where after BDP kicks-in ( turns off X2 ) and after few hours I was able to see a frozen logo on latest firmware. As I remember, few others were reporting same ?

Last edited:
It would probably be easier to go down the keep it simple route.

Maybe when you cut power to the car and lose ACC, the camera should reboot on B+ power

When the camera then starts up and sees no ACC, it should go into parking mode - as soon as it detects ACC again, it should continue to be powered on B+ regardless of voltage, and then wait say five seconds, and then go to drive mode if ACC is still present.

The reboot at power loss would mean that any memory leaks (if there are any) wouldn't be an issue and it would make things much more basic as at the moment it's about as complicated as it can get :)

It would probably be easier to go down the keep it simple route.

Maybe when you cut power to the car and lose ACC, the camera should reboot on B+ power

When the camera then starts up and sees no ACC, it should go into parking mode - as soon as it detects ACC again, it should continue to be powered on B+ regardless of voltage, and then wait say five seconds, and then go to drive mode if ACC is still present.

The reboot at power loss would mean that any memory leaks (if there are any) wouldn't be an issue and it would make things much more basic as at the moment it's about as complicated as it can get :)

Your logic makes sense ( simplicity is the key ) and probably some others using it, but I am afraid in X2 issues is caused by "cranking voltage values" when starting up an engine, if you know what I mean, - it's may be too sensitive to voltage, or the voltage values are wrongly calculated inside software.

"Bingo" ( not in good way ). Exactly the same I had today in the morning when turned off an ignition.

Back