Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.04 (Power Control Calibrated/Measured Values raised, Increased Stability)

Thanks for hanging in there everyone.

@reverend has been a great help, we think we might have a way to successfully reproduce the problem in the lab, so the issues can be sorted quicker. The cutting edge built in BDP with 3 wire power is a first for Panorama, and added longer growing pains than anticipated.

Every other product we sell is very reliable and I'm still confident the X2 will be brought up to this standard again soon. The advice to use 1.01.09 in the short term is still the best plan of action today. MLC cards are still not a bad idea, but rolling back the firmware seems best for now. (temporarily)

Guys.... Finally had a chance to setup one of my X2's. Im running 1.02.04 and so far so good. No lock ups. No freezes. No issues with switching from parking mode to driving mode and vice versa.
The only 2 issues i have :

- rear cam does not record shock events. Motion events work ok

- Number plates are sometimes unreadable at night on front cam. Just a very bright spot.

Unfortunately I'm beginning to feel I've bought a very expensive duffer that's never going to work as it should. All I hear is
  • It can't be replicated by the developer
  • The developer doesn't see it as an issue
  • It could be your cards

4 releases now and no further forward. Once the X1 comes online the X2 will take a backseat while the flagship issues are ironed out.

The key issues that still need to be addressed:
  • rear camera not working in gsensor park mode
  • exposure settings not able to read detail
  • lockup during driving
  • lockup at ignition startup

After using the X2 for almost 6 months, I finally needed a jump start this morning. Running latest firmware 1.2.4 and the logo stayed on the screen when I got into the car. I realize this had been an issue for previous FW versions and hoped 1.2.4 would solve this problem. Unfortunately, still old same issue.

10 months old new car with brand new battery, settings as follow:

Parking mode hr: 18
Voltage cut-off: 12.4
Sensors set to medium
using the "recommended" 64G Transcend cards that came with the camera
Car was parked for 16 to 17 hours

Lucky me I was at home and able to find a battery to jump start. Can't imagine how it would when on the road to work.

Ran the car for almost 2 non-stop hours and parked at home. I decided to switch off parking mode and click on "Drive Only" on the screen. The Panorama X2 logo kicked in again and stayed on the screen. Had to unplug the cable and let the capacitor drain. Strange thing is when plugged back in, the logo came up again. I then started the car and let the engine provide the battery to the cam. Clicked on "Drive only" again and turn off the the engine. This time it worked and the cam shuts down.

Not a pleasant experience at all!

Guys.... Finally had a chance to setup one of my X2's. Im running 1.02.04 and so far so good. No lock ups. No freezes. No issues with switching from parking mode to driving mode and vice versa.
The only 2 issues i have :

- rear cam does not record shock events. Motion events work ok

- Number plates are sometimes unreadable at night on front cam. Just a very bright spot.

Bright spot? You running HIDs on your car?

When mt battery is low the x2 shuts down every time from parking turn the ignition on, not engine on. When battery is charged i can not reproduce this. I have tried many times and from parking mode to turn the ignition on and goes to drive mode no problem. Than again in the morning the battery was low and the x2 did shut off from parking mode ignition on. It seams when battery is low causes problems.

When mt battery is low the x2 shuts down every time from parking turn the ignition on, not engine on. When battery is charged i can not reproduce this. I have tried many times and from parking mode to turn the ignition on and goes to drive mode no problem. Than again in the morning the battery was low and the x2 did shut off from parking mode ignition on. It seams when battery is low causes problems.

No kidding man. That's the idea theoretically. I have been using the cam for almost 6 months and it's only this firmware 1.2.4 does this to me. As I said, my first encounter but not a pleasant one.

No kidding man. That's the idea theoretically. I have been using the cam for almost 6 months and it's only this firmware 1.2.4 does this to me. As I said, my first encounter but not a pleasant one.

Same story with mine. No major issues till now ( v1.02.04 ). I think there should be some vital "bug" in this version, which might affected stability, there for I started long journey again from test'n'tries / checking / double-checking from v1.01.09. If this works fine for at least one week, then move to the next FW and so on.
My second day of monitoring v1.01.09 is positive, no issues at all ( except on screen touching "beep" is not turning off, but this doesn't bother me and G-sensor doesnt work for rear camera ). Other than that all is fine. Set BDP for half day to 12.1 / 6h. Second half of day / night I take a risk and set BDP to 12.1V / 12h. 7 hours gone since I parked car and X2 still operating. Will see in the morning how it behaves after overnight parking.

No... standard halogen 50w globes

Really? hmm. That's interesting. Do you mind to post a picture of how it looks like? We have lots of experts here and experienced users that might be able to give you a hand if you don't mind.

Same story with mine. No major issues till now ( v1.02.04 ). I think there should be some vital "bug" in this version, which might affected stability, there for I started long journey again from test'n'tries / checking / double-checking from v1.01.09. If this works fine for at least one week, then move to the next FW and so on.
My second day of monitoring v1.01.09 is positive, no issues at all ( except on screen touching "beep" is not turning off, but this doesn't bother me and G-sensor doesnt work for rear camera ). Other than that all is fine. Set BDP for half day to 12.1 / 6h. Second half of day / night I take a risk and set BDP to 12.1V / 12h. 7 hours gone since I parked car and X2 still operating. Will see in the morning how it behaves after overnight parking.

Thank you for the hard work. But without proper change management and development monitoring, I'm afraid the FW updates are going to cause lots of issues.

Thank you for the hard work. But without proper change management and development monitoring, I'm afraid the FW updates are going to cause lots of issues.

I think the same. Somewhere with the latest FW went wrong from engineers side, so we need to monitor those "changes" by collecting a feedback from users to help to fix this. It takes a lot of time, constant monitoring, analysing, reporting etc.

Really? hmm. That's interesting. Do you mind to post a picture of how it looks like? We have lots of experts here and experienced users that might be able to give you a hand if you don't mind.

There you go . Attached

Attachments

• number plate bright spot.jpg
    number plate bright spot.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 18
These release notes are basic but the best I could find and are from a Korean website so Google Translate is responsible for the translation:

1.02.03 2015-02-06
  1. Beep on / off bug fixes
1.02.01 2015-01-31
  1. Expanded memory compatibility
  2. Reboot conditions change
  3. UI usability
1.02.00 2015-01-19
  1. When rebooting prevention during a memory upgrade
  2. GPS data modification
  3. Rear selectable bit rate applied contents
1.01.09 2014-12-27
  1. Fixed a bug that caused by parking time conversion hyeoljeok
  2. 64G / 128G memory itself format support (a total of 128G / 256G recordable, using the format in the black box) support Memory Type <Class 10 / transmission speed over 45MB/sec Recommended
1.02.04 hasn't actually been released by them in Korea which is one of the reasons Jon and Niko are recommending rollback for now - I tested with MLC cards and haven't had the severe issues you guys have, but SungMoon did explicitly say to use MLC cards afterwards for this so there is obviously a reason which you guys all found out :(

These release notes are basic but the best I could find and are from a Korean website so Google Translate is responsible for the translation:

1.02.03 2015-02-06
  1. Beep on / off bug fixes
1.02.01 2015-01-31
  1. Expanded memory compatibility
  2. Reboot conditions change
  3. UI usability
1.02.00 2015-01-19
  1. When rebooting prevention during a memory upgrade
  2. GPS data modification
  3. Rear selectable bit rate applied contents
1.01.09 2014-12-27
  1. Fixed a bug that caused by parking time conversion hyeoljeok
  2. 64G / 128G memory itself format support (a total of 128G / 256G recordable, using the format in the black box) support Memory Type <Class 10 / transmission speed over 45MB/sec Recommended
1.02.04 hasn't actually been released by them in Korea which is one of the reasons Jon and Niko are recommending rollback for now - I tested with MLC cards and haven't had the severe issues you guys have, but SungMoon did explicitly say to use MLC cards afterwards for this so there is obviously a reason which you guys all found out :(
@ v1.02.04 I tested with Lexar 633x MLC and unit logo is also frozen when going from parking to driving mode, so there must be a glitch in the part of FW which handles power managing.

Ah yes there's definitely an issue with voltage control in 1.02.04 - were you getting the card missing errors on 1.02.04 mate as I've not seen any of those with the MLC cards?

I'm hoping if SM can fix the issue with the camera locking up when ACC is switched on and off it will lead to the other mode switching problems.

Ah yes there's definitely an issue with voltage control in 1.02.04 - were you getting the card missing errors on 1.02.04 mate as I've not seen any of those with the MLC cards?

I'm hoping if SM can fix the issue with the camera locking up when ACC is switched on and off it will lead to the other mode switching problems.
I had with v1.02.03 something like "both cards should be inserted to upgrade FW", swapped cards btwn slots and was then able to upgrade. Since then I never had missing cards grey box.

Last edited:
Back