Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.04 (Power Control Calibrated/Measured Values raised, Increased Stability)

BDP must be causing an issue. Since I turned mine off I've not had any issues related to shutdown or freezing, just the rear camera not recording at all. I believe @Dionic90 also has his off with no similar issues

BDP must be causing an issue. Since I turned mine off I've not had any issues related to shutdown or freezing, just the rear camera not recording at all. I believe @Dionic90 also has his off with no similar issues
As I understood from my tests, with latest v1.02.04 FW there has been a BDP values adjustments / calibrations. Maybe this causing an issues with logo freeze and lock up ?

Kim, i had the same issues, lock ups all the time, i tough it is the BDP, so i disabled it (power the cam trough the cig lighter), and again lock ups. Than i changed the sd cards and the lock ups stopped. I used the cig lighter power for few days to see how it goes before hardwire it again, and since than no lock ups, not a single one. I dont know what kind of sd cards you have, but for me that made the difference.

At this point I have my assumtions into combination of BDP and memory cards related issue causing those errors. Maybe its only memory cards, maybe a BDP, but maybe a combination of both. After I receive an MLC cards I can have a better verdict.

Still having parking mode issues. When I checked the rear camera after turning on the ignition all I saw is the red recording numbers but all set to zero. Then when I tried to check the footage of the rear camera it decided to switch to showing the live stream of the rear cam and became unresponsive so I had to pull the plug. When I finally managed to check the footage it seems the rear camera hasn't been recording for the last 2 days.... Almost exactly to 48 hours which could be a coincidence

Still having parking mode issues. When I checked the rear camera after turning on the ignition all I saw is the red recording numbers but all set to zero. Then when I tried to check the footage of the rear camera it decided to switch to showing the live stream of the rear cam and became unresponsive so I had to pull the plug. When I finally managed to check the footage it seems the rear camera hasn't been recording for the last 2 days.... Almost exactly to 48 hours which could be a coincidence
Check your rear sd card, i bet it went into read mode only.

It's done this before. All I need to do is format it again and it works again. I'll get round to double checking it

Kim, i had the same issues, lock ups all the time, i tough it is the BDP, so i disabled it (power the cam trough the cig lighter), and again lock ups. Than i changed the sd cards and the lock ups stopped. I used the cig lighter power for few days to see how it goes before hardwire it again, and since than no lock ups, not a single one. I dont know what kind of sd cards you have, but for me that made the difference.

I'm getting more reports that changing to MLC cards fixed the problem so far. It's looking more and more like switching to MLC will be the best stability easy long term fix/option.

One thing i experienced today, and just want to find out is it supposed to do it, or it is some glimpse.

I got in my car, engine off, ignition off, and touched the screen to see if everything is ok, and it was. The screen was still on when i start the car and the cam showed me the logo and turned off. So i had to turn the engine off so the cam to turn on. The next time i got in my car i checked it again and everything was fine but i waited the screen to turn off and than started the car and this time went from parking mode to drive mode no problem. So do i have to wait every time the screen to turn off in order to start the car without cam shutting off?

I can confirm my cards haven't flipped into read only mode. I opened the car, tapped the screen, then walked passed the rear camera and then checked the screen to make sure that it was recording - which it was. I then checked the footage and there was all the rear parking mode files from the time I checked the files the other day and found it hadn't been recording for 48 hours, to the file recorded when I walked behind me car........me checking the files (without even needing to format the cards) clearly reset something .

Another thing I noticed. It had several Gsensor files on the front camera, but none on the rear camera. Is there a Gsensor in each camera or is it only in the main unit?

So what is the point in having a Gsensor reading when viewing the rear camera if it doesn't match up?

When g-sensor is triggered both cameras should record in park and drive mode. If someone backs into me in a parking lot and hits my rear bumper trigging record. Not having the rear record does nothing for me.

When g-sensor is triggered both cameras should record in park and drive mode. If someone backs into me in a parking lot and hits my rear bumper trigging record. Not having the rear record does nothing for me.

agree, G-Sensor trigger should record both feeds, motion detect only needs to be the camera that is tripped that records

I've just noticed that my camera touchscreen does not respond to my finger after it has been unplugged for some time and then plugged back in when the engine is already on. it usually takes about 45 seconds to start responding to finger presses again. (This was also happening in previous firmware.)

Is this normal?

The camera has be unplugged for hours. The engine is already on. I plug it in. The logo is displayed. it goes into record mode. (I press and press and press, it doesn't respond). The screen turns off (30 second timer, I press and press). I wait a few seconds and then it starts to respond again.

its a minor issue, but could cause problems in an emergency situation.

Agree

I'm getting lockups while driving again. Not seen any improvement in the last 2 upgrades.

I didn't know what MLC/TLC meant in reference to memory cards, so I did some research and found the below information. I hope this helps others as well.

NAND flash memory can be sub-divided into 3 broad categories SLC, MLC and TLC.

SLC is an abbreviation of 'Single-Level Cell':

SLC memory stores one bit in each cell, leading to faster transfer speeds, lower power consumption and higher cell endurance. The only disadvantage of Single-Level Cell is the manufacturing cost per MB, meaning that the SLC flash technology is used in high-performance memory cards where speed and reliability are important.

MLC is an abbreviation of 'Multi-level Cell':

MLC memory stores two bits in each cell. By storing more bits per cell, a Multi-Level Cell memory card will achieve slower transfer speeds, higher power consumption and lower cell endurance than a Single-Level Cell memory card. The advantage of Multi-Level Cell memory is the lower manufacturing cost. MLC flash technology is used mostly in standard consumer memory devices.

TLC is an abbreviation of 'Triple-level Cell':

TLC memory stores three bits in each cell. By storing even more bits per cell, a Triple-level Cell memory card will achieve slower transfer speeds, higher error rates and lower cell endurance than both Multi-level Cell and Single-level Cell memory cards. The advantages of Triple-level Cell memory are that the memory chip will be physically smaller than SLC and MLC chips for a given memory capacity, it requires less power to operate than MLC memory and is cheaper to produce. TLC flash technology is used mostly in low-end memory devices where speed and reliability are not important.

I didn't know what MLC/TLC meant in reference to memory cards, so I did some research and found the below information. I hope this helps others as well.

NAND flash memory can be sub-divided into 3 broad categories SLC, MLC and TLC.

SLC is an abbreviation of 'Single-Level Cell':

SLC memory stores one bit in each cell, leading to faster transfer speeds, lower power consumption and higher cell endurance. The only disadvantage of Single-Level Cell is the manufacturing cost per MB, meaning that the SLC flash technology is used in high-performance memory cards where speed and reliability are important.

MLC is an abbreviation of 'Multi-level Cell':

MLC memory stores two bits in each cell. By storing more bits per cell, a Multi-Level Cell memory card will achieve slower transfer speeds, higher power consumption and lower cell endurance than a Single-Level Cell memory card. The advantage of Multi-Level Cell memory is the lower manufacturing cost. MLC flash technology is used mostly in standard consumer memory devices.

TLC is an abbreviation of 'Triple-level Cell':

TLC memory stores three bits in each cell. By storing even more bits per cell, a Triple-level Cell memory card will achieve slower transfer speeds, higher error rates and lower cell endurance than both Multi-level Cell and Single-level Cell memory cards. The advantages of Triple-level Cell memory are that the memory chip will be physically smaller than SLC and MLC chips for a given memory capacity, it requires less power to operate than MLC memory and is cheaper to produce. TLC flash technology is used mostly in low-end memory devices where speed and reliability are not important.

Here are the MLC microSD cards we are looking to test. So far Lexar is stable in the X2. Maybe it has something to do with the pre-buffer clearing faster when transitioning from parking go to driving mode. Not all cameras can pre-buffer like the panorama does and the X2 has much more going on.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mlc-microsd-cards.10294/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back