"Real World" Questions on the DC

Using Toshiba Exceria U3 64GB since September with no issues.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Using Toshiba Exceria U3 64GB since September with no issues.

Great! There should be no practical difference between 64gb and 128gb should there? I seem to remember when discussing the RC the memory card size was an area of contention?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Great! There should be no practical difference between 64gb and 128gb should there? I seem to remember when discussing the RC the memory card size was an area of contention?

RC was running on Zoran (no FAT32 formatting support)

DC is running on Novatek. (no issues since it can format FAT32 in the camera itself)
256GB is ok too

RC was running on Zoran (no FAT32 formatting support)

DC is running on Novatek. (no issues since it can format FAT32 in the camera itself)
256GB is ok too
Amazing. I've learned something new today! The Toshiba is a bit cheaper on Amazon so I'll get that one. If it comes down in Black Friday sales then I'll just claim the price difference :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Difference is in number of cycles. 64GB wears out two times quicker than 128GB.

No question here.. thought this thread would be a good place to post example videos. This one has a bonus.

Morning drive, no CPL filter, 80% windshield tint. I'll post more example of noon-ish time when the sun is high and night.

Thanks for the video. Are you able to display gps and speed info in the DashViewer software? Are you running Mac or PC? Also, I’ve found that 0EV overexposes highlights like white vehicles in the sun. Minus .5EV seems to be better. Ideally...it seems that the shadows could come up one third EV and highlights down one third to half EV.[/QUOTE]

I have not watched it recently through the viewer, but I will once I get some more videos in.
When I checked last week, it was spotty, but I know it's being looked into by @traveler He was sent a demo unit to test.

I set my EV back to 0 because night time videos were too dark for my liking even compared to my GC model that was set -1/3. I will wait for a firmware update to lessen the loudness of white objects.

I have no experience with those brand cards and haven't seen any posts about them in the forum.

I am supplying SG9665GC with Toshiba Exceria U3 cards (32, 64, 128GB) for quite long time.
@kamkar1 has mentioned (HERE) running Exceria 128GB in his SG9665GC v3 since 2016 with positive feedback.
Yes, there has been only few cases of card being faulty which I believe within normal manufacturing RMA %.
So far after few month of daily using 64GB Exceria in SG9663DC I had no issues.

Here's a test video from my car, default settings basically, front camera, CPL filter on.

Pretty happy with it.
Rear camera is not so good, probably need to clean the windshield though.

Some questions:
Can I turn GPS speed on, have it visible via software, but not embedded into the video?

Is there a recommendation of when to use 30fps vs 60 fps? I assume 30fps would look better assuming they are
the same bitrate?

Here's a test video from my car, default settings basically, front camera, CPL filter on.

Pretty happy with it.

Some questions:
Can I turn GPS speed on, have it visible via software, but not embedded into the video?

Is there a recommendation of when to use 30fps vs 60 fps? I assume 30fps would look better assuming they are
the same bitrate?

30FPS is the max when you have both channels recording.

+1 to your first question.

Pretty happy with it.

Some questions:

the same bitrate?

"""Some questions:
Can I turn GPS speed on, have it visible via software, but not embedded into the video?"""

That would be a great update revision.
CRS

GPS speed is always logged, doesn't need to be embedded in the video
Ah, so the speed setting of OFF/MPH/KPH is actually the setting of "how do you want this embedded in the video?"
rather than, 'how should it be displayed on screen" (if that's even possible, I'm not doing fiddling with it).

I was expecting a separate 'Embed on/off setting, similar to how it's done for dates'.

Ah, so the speed setting of OFF/MPH/KPH is actually the setting of "how do you want this embedded in the video?"
rather than, 'how should it be displayed on screen" (if that's even possible, I'm not doing fiddling with it).

I was expecting a separate 'Embed on/off setting, similar to how it's done for dates'.

the setting is about what you see displayed in the video, it's still logged regardless

Back