"Real World" Questions on the DC

when you get a chance, I'm out of the country right now and have very patchy internet access, making the most of it while it's working right now

Is it ok to upload to google drive again or...?

Yes, Any raw file sharing sharing service is fine. (Not YouTube of courses)

Last edited:
Hi Guys, Turn on chime is fine..tells me the camera is turning on and is reassuring to hear, but when I switch off ignition and camera goes off..there is no chime or sound to alert me it is turning off. Doesn't really bother me..but is this normal? It would also be reassuring to hear the chime off sound..but it just flashes the record button for a few seconds to save the file then shuts down silently. As I said, not really an issue..but maybe nice to hear. thx Guys.

Is it ok to upload to google drive again or...?
yep, can access Google services no problem

Panic over, no need to upload now. I’ve reviewed footage with the 1.18 firmware and there are no hot pixels. Not one.

Thanks for the support as always.

@niko - where can I buy a CPL for the rear cam?

Can I just ask though... what can cause hot pixels?

Well.. today I found blue paint on my black bumper. ETA on HW kit? This waiting is killing me and my patience.

Noticed its taking 2-5 minutes at up to 60kmh speeds before my gps starts registering my speed. What is normal?

Also what was the name of the video editor where you can remove the gps speed and put the rear video into the front one?
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Noticed its taking 2-5 minutes at up to 60kmh speeds before my gps starts registering my speed. What is normal?
where is it mounted?

Also what was the name of the video editor where you can remove the gps speed and put the rear video into the front one?
Thanks.

if the speed is embedded in the video you can't strip it out, you'd have to mask it or crop the video

where is it mounted?

Thanks.

if the speed is embedded in the video you can't strip it out, you'd have to mask it or crop the video
Camera is behind the rearview mirror and gps is in far right corner. Middle camera is gone.
And that sucks about the editing. Whats the video editor that always gets mentioned here? Does it crop?
3d5f08f932f292acb4eef207241b9cc2.jpg

Camera is behind the rearview mirror and gps is in far right corner.

not the tidiest of installs (I recall you said this was only temporary) but nothing there that should be affecting GPS performance, I think maybe better if we arrange a replacement GPS for you, which seller did you buy it from?

Camera is behind the rearview mirror and gps is in far right corner.

not the tidiest of installs (I recall you said this was only temporary) but nothing there that should be affecting GPS performance, I think maybe better if we arrange a replacement GPS for you, which seller did you buy it from?
No, this is still the photo from when i first installed it, i didnt take a new one. Its going into a different car in a month and getting installed neatly. Its been dark whenever i was driving until the time change 3 weeks ago or so so the wires werent visible until then.
I only watched 3 different times of starting up the car to see how long it took, i should look at a few more to see if its always happening or just sometimes. I can probably do that early this week. Roughly how long should it take?

GPS lock depends on a number of factors, there's no standard answer but averaging around 1 minute would be normal, sometimes a little slower, sometimes quicker, 5 minutes would be unusual

I normally get a lock before i get a 1/4 mile from home ( cold boot )
When the camera have been in contact and the car just shut down for a few minutes of shopping its almost instant.

BUT ! that's other SG cameras, unsure if dual channel systems should be any different.

PS. i have also had a few times where i have been thinking " damn Americans shut down the satellites or something, good thing we euro boys will have our own soon"
But thats rare.

we use the same GPS as the other models, may just be some fault with his particular GPS if it's taking a long time to lock, could have a faulty RTC battery on the GPS module perhaps which would cause it to look for Ephemeris data every time it started, just a guess though

Back