Recording ends abruptly after engine start

Best to tap into the power supply of the radio, it has a direct line to battery for main power, that won't be cut off and also the ACC line, that gets cut while you're starting the engine.

I figure because the Lukas is connected to my headlights and cig lighter, they must both drop during crank so I think it makes the Lukas redundant.
But this can be explored after the new year, today's for celebration.

Happy new year to all for later on tonight.
I'm doing a firmware with a different boot process, should be done next week, if you don't mind I will ask you to give it a try when it's done and let us know how it goes

Best to tap into the power supply of the radio, it has a direct line to battery for main power, that won't be cut off and also the ACC line, that gets cut while you're starting the engine.
I tried tapping the Lukas into the radio as the "Switch Connection" with the result being the same, the power dips during cranking and the Lukas shuts off for a brief moment cutting power the the cam.

I'm doing a firmware with a different boot process, should be done next week, if you don't mind I will ask you to give it a try when it's done and let us know how it goes
Happy to try it out.

Funny you mentioned firmware, I may be delusional but prior to the newest update the cam was originally installed with the September firmware. I think the cam didn't drop out then, I can't be sure because I only ran the cam on the old firmware for a couple of hours before I updated. But I could be wrong on that.

I have connected the cam directly to the cig lighter bypassing the Lukas and the cam works fine during cranking, so it's definitely a Lukas Hard-wire issue.

Last edited:
There is a new BETA firmware for you to try that might resolve your specific combination of events. You should be receiving a copy via private message or email soon.

There is a new BETA firmware for you to try that might resolve your specific combination of events. You should be receiving a copy via private message or email soon.
I will await the firmware and let you and Jokiin know of the end result.

Back