SG Dual Camera set up?

Does anyone have any idea if the forthcoming Street Guardian rear camera looks like any of the three rear cameras below?

lukas-dash-camera-lk-7950-pt04.jpg

41gWSe0cCRL.jpg

71OrDvS_bkL._SL1500___39755_zoom.jpg

I've seen them and they have me all giddy with excitement.

Can't wait for a RELIABLE dual camera system.

Although I will be buying an SG dual set up, there are already some reliable dual cams on the market - my F750 for example has been utterly faultless in the 1 ½ years i've had it. The Thinkware branded micro SD it is supplied with has also been a solid performer

we are working on two dual channel models at the moment, one where there is a front camera similar to SG9665GC and a smaller remote camera for the rear, and another where it is two remote cameras and a hideaway box, neither are ready yet though, still have a few months work to do before we go into beta with these
Both models still coming soon? Any photos? Estimates on release dates?

The V3 - 9665GC and the new dual channel camera ( main unit on wind screen ) i think should be up for grabs before X-mas.

SG factory is still in lock down when it come to the all new cameras, Minions get a full body search that will make even the most thorough TSA guy green with envy, and thats both going in and out of the factory, so no sneak peeks available.

The V3 - 9665GC and the new dual channel camera ( main unit on wind screen ) i think should be up for grabs before X-mas.

SG factory is still in lock down when it come to the all new cameras, Minions get a full body search that will make even the most thorough TSA guy green with envy, and thats both going in and out of the factory, so no sneak peeks available.

Do you know roughly when the forthcoming twin channel remote lens dash cam will be out?

Do you know roughly when the forthcoming twin channel remote lens dash cam will be out?

we need to finish the current dual channel model first, some of what we're doing in the first model will apply to the second one which is one reason, the other is a lack of resources (time, people, money) to do more than what we're doing now, at a guess we'll probably be aiming for around March/April for the dual remote camera model

Santa's helpers must be working hard

Yeah its all hands on deck, now we just need to keep a close eye on that guy with the spanner and make damn sure he dont loose it.

I have recommended a long time ago we fire his ass, but they say we cant do without him.

Last edited:
And this first dual channel model looks similar to a SG9665GC but with a remote rear lens attached?
And the 2nd one is what? Similar to SGZC12RC but with 2 remote lenses?

And this first dual channel model looks similar to a SG9665GC but with a remote rear lens attached?
And the 2nd one is what? Similar to SGZC12RC but with 2 remote lenses?
There's no pictures released yet, so we don't know what they look like

My guess is the first dual channel camera will be of a wedge design as it is one of the most popular form factors.
Size wise i dont know, but having looked inside my SG9665GC i would assume you will be able to host the hardware for a dual channel camera in the same size housing, BUT i am guessing here too.

Second one i think will have a more square design compared to the main unit of the ZC12RC, that old single camera is using a housing thats also meant to house a radar detector too so a lot of wasted space inside of that housing.
So lets hope SG have come up with a main unit design thats even more easy to hide.

not using the GC housing for the dual channel although there are some similarities

the main unit of the dual remote model will be about a quarter of the size of the RC, there's a lot of wasted space inside that one

Yeah i was thinking maybe size may be alright, but the new hardware might need more ventilation for optimal performance.
After all handling 2 cameras and at same or maybe even higher bitrates must mean a larger heat output.

not using the GC housing for the dual channel although there are some similarities
I hope it will be held further away from the glass, because the GC I have can't be aimed high enough even with the thick mount. Even without CPL.

I am sure this is a problem with the GC that SG have learned from, and really it is a easy fix, just make a little taller mounts, or be a little more thoughtful in design of case.

Could also be CPL for new cameras are designed and will be installed in a smarter way.

Hard to judge, but i dont think SG have gone for custom housing, so they will probably again use something thats already out there in the open like the GC housing.

Will be interesting to see, cuz my brain are quick to forget about rational thinking and just run amok in a multitude of directions.

I hope it will be held further away from the glass, because the GC I have can't be aimed high enough even with the thick mount. Even without CPL.

mount has been designed with this in mind

we have done an updated mount for GC also since the filter will be included now

Back