SG7LA50G

Well I reckon you're onto a winner with this one. Just one caveat for me, I'd like (as has been mentioned), a capacitor version. The battery is the reason I want to change my 0803, as mine is usually left in the car.
I do hope, as you say, that you can produce a capacitor version in the near future, then for me this will be, as they say "the bees knees" [emoji106]

What sort of prices are we looking at? (Usd)

1. How is motion detection implemented ?

The Winy/Livue LB-100, while in low(er) power parking/motion detect mode, records both 15 seconds before and 15 seconds after each detection event (hence no event is ever missed).

2. Is a battery discharge protection present ?

3. What is the approximate power consumption in (low power ?, i.e. no GPS/LCD active) parking mode ?

I really like the look of this dashcam. How secure is the camera mount? It appears from the pics that the camera is pushed up onto the mount and my concern is that the camera could slowly work its way free and gravity then takes over!. On the B40 the camera is pushed down onto its mount so no chance of lossing grip.

I really like the look of this dashcam. How secure is the camera mount? It appears from the pics that the camera is pushed up onto the mount and my concern is that the camera could slowly work its way free and gravity then takes over!. On the B40 the camera is pushed down onto its mount so no chance of lossing grip.

there's a locking mechanism that holds it on, the button on the bracket is to release it

This option is good because is possible to mount the camera in the top most position of the windshield.

enjoy,
Mtz

I want one. Your fb says it'll be available around Christmas and in Australia and Pier 28 in US. Personally I don't like to spend extra on S&H. I'm in Canada.

I want one. Your fb says it'll be available around Christmas and in Australia and Pier 28 in US. Personally I don't like to spend extra on S&H. I'm in Canada.

Shipping is only $11.90 from US to Canada. That's around the same price if I shipped to Florida etc.
te75IEI.png

looks great, nice evolution of the a118/b40 formfactor. definitely keeping an eye on all street guardian products.

looks great, nice evolution of the a118/b40 formfactor. definitely keeping an eye on all street guardian products.

you can never please everyone but we're working on a range of models to cover some different market needs as we see it, hopefully there's at least something of interest for most consumers

you can never please everyone but we're working on a range of models to cover some different market needs as we see it, hopefully there's at least something of interest for most consumers
yea a lot of my friends and coworkers have been asking me questions about dash cams and I tell them about the ones I have and I try to make it very clear that there is a wide range of products for different needs. some people just want something that records while they are driving and they don't care if it hangs down from the window like a G1W, but some people who have seen all my cameras really dig the blackvue cylinder design, and are ok with the lower bitrate.

i was about to buy the novatek a118 from amazon but now I am just gonna pick up the street guardian, I really wanted to try this form factor since discrete form factor is as important to me as video quality.

i was about to buy the novatek a118 from amazon but now I am just gonna pick up the street guardian, I really wanted to try this form factor since discrete form factor is as important to me as video quality.

talk to Jon at @Pier28 being a regular here I'm sure he'd do something to look after you a bit better

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Street Guardian 7