SG9663DC with external waterproof rear cam.

I think what jokiin do on this forum are worth a lot of youtube commercial dollars, even if he cant handle all things personal he can facilitate contact to the proper person, and dish out a lot of knowledge when people hit a wall with the SG or other product.
More brands should do that, maybe not the boss man himself, but then someone in the company that have knowledge and can make things happen.

Companies seem to forget that a good product means nothing in the face of poor customer service. If people have questions or problems, and can't get the necessary answers, it's not difficult to take one's business elsewhere.

It's very infuriating to me when you call for support and wind up in India. Their English is broken, their accent hard to understand, and the answers are from a script. If I wanted a robotic response without intuitive feedback, I could google the web for non personalized answers.

Companies seem to forget that a good product means nothing in the face of poor customer service. If people have questions or problems, and can't get the necessary answers, it's not difficult to take one's business elsewhere.
there's some really atrocious customer service from some companies, (not referring to dashcams, just in general), often the larger the company the worse they are, frustrating when you're on the receiving end of poor service

Even the fruit company with their gleaming stores and Geniuses got a bad rep.
Pretty funny to think about 60 years ago it was all about service and care, that's long gone now.

My plugins seem to prevent proper quoting.
"some more product will be coming your way soon"
I thought your were not going to do 4K for a while.

Ok, gentlemen, where is the topic about motorcycle SG cameras?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

A piece if advice from an old man: try to turn this unfavorable situation into an competitional advantage.

Moto solution can simply be 2 waterproof cameras, you already have, and that central unit hidden not in the glovebox but under the seat, you already have too.

Not ideal but still best on the market. Ask the bikers struggling to manage the needs with GoPRO and other action cameras, great for action but unsuited for day by day riding and parking.

Too many compromises if piecing something together based on existing parts would make it far from the best, when the time is right we will be able to get back on this project, until such time it's just going to need to wait, other priorities right now

SG9663DC and SG9663DCPRO main front Camera are physically 100% the same.

The only difference is firmware for rear camera sensor Compatibility

DC firmware works with IMX323 sensor based cameras such as the external waterproof camera.

DCPRO firmware works with IMX291 internal rear camera. (No waterproof 291 option at this time)

You can convert DC to DCPRo or DCPRo to DC using special instructions we provide or it’s done before new orders are shipped.

Sorry if I didn’t make it clear enough and you needed to make a public post. Happy to educate all though no problem.

IMX323 works great especially when the camera is external with no glass in the way.

1) I understand the night-time performance differences between IMX291 and IMX323, that is used for external rear cam. Barren those differences, will SG9663DC pared with external rear cam that you are going to sent me have all the additional bells and whistles of the latest SG9663DCPRO paired with the internal rear cam, such as an ability to stream to your phone etc? Are they in fact identical in these capabilities?

2) If you are not doing 4k anytime soon, what improvements were you speaking of when you said that there are new products coming our way soon. Thanks.

1) DC vs DCPRo, same menu same features

2) there are no new external waterproof cameras coming soon.

Next product coming is SG9663DR but it’s for internal use only.

What you chose for a convertible external needs is best.

Indeed the IMX 323 are not as good as the 291, but its not like the 291 deliver desicive more, sure the image are brighter and you can see more at night, but just hit pause and see that the more you can see it is shrouded in motion blur.
But the way the human brain are wired ( to compensate for blur as the human vision are only good in a very little area ) then when viewing live you think, O this is a lot better, and yes it also feel better looking at, but when you then hit pause you see the more you "see" well its not worth much.
BUT ! the IMX 291 might push the twilight zone a bit later in the day, so you stand a larger chance of a plate capture, but its not many lumens the light level have to drop before it have the same challenges as the IMX 323.
IMO the IMX 323 are a just fine rear camera, when there is light its fine, when it is dark you just see the headlights of the car back there, unless you drive in a place with some ambient light.

The DC and the DC PRO as i understand it are the same, aside for the PRO have another firmware to handle the IMX 291 sensor in the rear camera, other than that they are the same and have the same abilities.
The live view on the phone have a 0.5 second delay, and when it is engaged the camera do not start to record automatic so you have to press the REC button in the APP to start recording, after that it will behave normal, and do segments and recycle when the memory card are full, and of course stop recording when you power off ( unsure how it behave if using hard wire kit )

New products as i understand it are just design wise in some cases like the DR, it just have both cameras on a wire, and so a box shaped main unit probably with a little larger screen, otherwise it is pretty much just a SG9663DC PRO
SG are probably also moving into 2K cameras like other have done, but i suspect those will just be single cameras.
4K i think SG want to do better than what you see now, so other sensor, other lens too, and 4K will probably also need another housing due to the higher thermals of such a system.

1) DC vs DCPRo, same menu same features

2) there are no new external waterproof cameras coming soon.

Next product coming is SG9663DR but it’s for internal use only.

What you chose for a convertible external needs is best.

External cameras also make make sense for tinted windows. I have to turn on WDR with my Viofo A129 to bright image at night. Otherwise it can't see much out the back window unless I am driving through a well lighted area of city. WDR has the negative effect of making the image grainier, but allowing more visibility.

SG's advancements towards externally mounted camera would overcome these limitations without the need for a reduction in quality.

I may make external cameras out to be more of a problem than they really are, but i am very happy i have a wiper on my rear window and it cover the top middle of the rear window where i put cameras.
And now as i have a flatrate car wash subscription i can pretty much wash my car 5 times a day if i wanted to all for the price of 69 DKkr a month ( the cheapest wash ) then no wiper might not be much of a problem.
though when i drive and it rain, if i dont use the rear wiper the window do get "messed" up pretty fast by the vortex of water behind the flat and almost square rear end of my Suzuki Splash.

Trying to figure out the purpose of cord plug cover. Do you have any pictures of it attached to the main unit? Thanks.

Back