SG9663DC with external waterproof rear cam.

Since a hole has to be drilled for the external camera and the wire fed into the car, what do you use to seal the hole?
No holes had to be drilled, most vehicles have holes and grommets already for other things, we just shared one of those

No holes had to be drilled, most vehicles have holes and grommets already for other things, we just shared one of those

On your image below, the wire must be fed into the trunk....So without drilling a hole on the lip of the trunk above license plate, how else could the wire be fed inside?

1589835091619.png

I have a grommet in my firewall so large that if i remove it i can almost put my hand through the hole, i reckon it is what would have ben in use if my car had AC and other 21 century stuff.

I have a grommet in my firewall so large that if i remove it i can almost put my hand through the hole, i reckon it is what would have ben in use if my car had AC and other 21 century stuff.

One day take a picture of the grommet. Never seen such on my vehicle unless I'm oblivious. Was curious on this more for maybe installing a back up camera in my mother's older vehicle in the future.

On your image below, the wire must be fed into the trunk....So without drilling a hole on the lip of the trunk above license plate, how else could the wire be fed inside?

View attachment 51693
There's no trunk, it's a wagon with an opening door above, no holes were drilled

There's no trunk, it's a wagon with an opening door above, no holes were drilled

Any chance of a better photo to see what you're referring to (blacking out any personal information that you might feel necessary to obscure.)

Any chance of a better photo to see what you're referring to (blacking out any personal information that you might feel necessary to obscure.)
Pics
0123ea8990f1383beeb7854f3f59ec77.jpg
2df94dcc2aa9396caba8536964eba95c.jpg

I can officially declare, that i have much more crap in the back of my car than jokiin have, and in half the space :giggle: but the annual clean-up are fast approaching.
On Thursday i am putting my summer tires on, maybe i do a 2 flies with one swat,,,,,,,, maybe.

I can officially declare, that i have much more crap in the back of my car than jokiin have, and in half the space :giggle: but the annual clean-up are fast approaching.
it's relatively clean at the moment, kids and crap in cars go hand in hand

So did removing the black plastic molding / guard to gain access without drilling? As it would still need to mount camera to where license plate sits and get the wire into the vehicle somehow? or was there already an access port after removing black plastic molding

On Thursday i am putting my summer tires on, maybe i do a 2 flies with one swat,,,,,,,, maybe.

I have no back seat. Courtesy of two spoiled rotten dogs who get taken to the park on a regular basis. Two carrying cages occupy what once was sitting room. That's what I get for buying a Sedan and not an SUV......

No kids, but if I did, the little bastards would ride on the roof. Dogs would get priority.....

Are you a beta tester on here or just a dash cam enthusiast who dumps loads of cash into buying cameras testing them out?

So did removing the black plastic molding / guard to gain access without drilling? As it would still need to mount camera to where license plate sits and get the wire into the vehicle somehow? or was there already an access port after removing black plastic molding
nothing needed removing, there's a big licence plate sized hole above the licence plate that the cables are routed through and then back through the body via a factory grommet where the factory fitted reverse camera was cabled through

I am deeply affiliated with Street guardian have been that almost since day #1, they are my #1 source for more work,,,,, and consequently also more cameras.
Still i do wish more / other brands would send me something to beat on too, clearly i have a problem as it have been a while since i have only 3 cameras on my windscreen like these days, and 5 cameras are sort of the max on the windscreen.

The SG cameras i have now i think i got in 2018, so they have cameras out i have not had the pleasure of working with, but then other people have handled those.
My main camera the SG9663DC are already a oldie even by Street guardians own standards, even if they still sell it.

Even if i most times advise against the smart cameras, then they sort of intrigue me too.

Living room table are already cleared,,,,, but only cuz i have put the huge PC case i work on in the 2 person sofa beside it.
And with my talent for making a mess i can foul it up several times more before the DHL guy stand red in the face after hauling a SG parcel up to the #2 floor.
getting rid of my TV cleared up the rather large TV furniture i had it on, but it is now covered in mostly the glass parts from the PC case i cant throw out yet as i need them as templates for whatever i get to replace it with.

Things would be so much more easy of i was a laptop kind of person, one of those you can only change very little hardware in, and for the looks you can have it wrapped in something or maybe laser engraved, but that's also it i think.

Yeah i do think a < 17" screen would freak me out so much, i have not looked at such a small screen since the 90ties when i got a 17" while all my friends was on 14 and 15" screens.
And when they finally got to 17" i moved to 22", but then they did overtake me in the end with their generation one 24" LCD screens, and i hung on to that 22" for almost a decade.

I am deeply affiliated with Street guardian have been that almost since day #1, they are my #1 source for more work,,,,, and consequently also more cameras.

I'm not sure if I am reading into this wrong. Do you mean your company has a contract with Street Guardian and/or you are employed by Street Guardian? Or are you saying work as in Beta Testing Cameras donated to you by Street Guardian?

Still i do wish more / other brands would send me something to beat on too, clearly i have a problem as it have been a while since i have only 3 cameras on my windscreen like these days, and 5 cameras are sort of the max on the windscreen.

The SG cameras i have now i think i got in 2018, so they have cameras out i have not had the pleasure of working with, but then other people have handled those.

Why did SG stop sending you cameras? Or were you buying them out of pocket?

My main camera the SG9663DC are already a oldie even by Street guardians own standards, even if they still sell it.

Even if i most times advise against the smart cameras, then they sort of intrigue me too.

Maybe I'm retarded (it's possible) but what is the difference between the DC and DCPRO? Ive compared the two and the specs are identical...???

Back