SG9663DR update

fuse taps can be swapped, you've circled the connector where they disconnect, different taps are available, just like our other hardwire kits
Thank you for the information. I am familiar with how the fuse disconnection works on the SGDCHW and when ordering to specify what type of fuse.
technically you could add a switch on the B+ wire, not something I would suggest doing though, too easy to forget to turn it back on, can be manually turned off also
So very true and I am aware of the possibility of forgetting to turn back on. If it is not convenient to turn off/on due to the main unit being more hidden then I would rather have another option to shut it off and turn it on very easily.

your parking mode you can always limit by the timer in the camera, surely no need to put a load on the battery that is not needed, i plan on using 1-2 hours at the most, and should i then need more some day it is easy and fast to change the timer in the menus.
Yes, the menu will have how long to set the timer for. My driving pattern is very infrequent and most trips finish out in the garage to be sitting there for many days. Very easy for me to just turn it off when in the garage and turn it on back on when I go out days later. I would set it for 1-2 hours as default but if I don't trun it off after my errand, most of the recordings (90%) would end up being of my garage. X-ing my fingers that something like a long press on the file save button will turn it off and next time one starts up the car it will automatiacly turn back on. If not then a switch on the constant + will do for me.

Last edited:
That "foot" on the mount, if it was switchable with 90 degrees that would be awesome. ( i am thinking side window mount here )
But i might also be ahead of myself as the foot are probably smaller than i think it is.

Can the mount go on the camera both ways ? so the foot can be up like in the picture or down.

It fits both ways you can flip it how you want it.

Edit: you flip the camera and then invert image via settings menu. See next reply

43103f371649a9589318eb3037418dc4.jpg

89c59e9351358cdd8a057c64fc8ad99c.jpg

d87b7997abd2c372ab0d5a2734bc53c0.jpg

Last edited:
Well i do drive every day, but most days it is a 0.5 mile trip to the stores to shop or the pizza guy, not that much money for driving in a Danish pension,,,,,, at least not when the guy have hobbies he like to pursue too.
The long press to shut down on the camera are also a very usable thing, TBH i also think i would use that at home, at least when i have replaced the broken IP camera that use to cover my car in the back yard.
My car are a small one so it have a battery to match that, and its a 2012 so getting a new one anyway is something i am thinking about too.

Now i see the recessed USB plugs you was talking about back in the day :cool:

I assume one way you use the "click" function on the mount as the notches only seem to be in one side of the mount,,,,,, but i can do without clicks just fine if need be.
but yeah probably dont need to go there when the invert is there.

Ok so like this or this and invert image in menu if needed

a809f9a5857865f05e1da11953a2ccdd.jpg

bebd04e88e100a9de72a80e9feda4d4a.jpg
This set up is about as perfect as I have ever seen. Dang, been waiting for almost 2 years now. No system is going to be perfect for everyone. I was thinking the same thing about the "foot" being 90 ° to the camera, not ideal but I was not on the product development team so there is maybe a reason for this. Just remember if you (need) are going to install it over defrost lines because you cannot get it to go between the lines, block off the sticky part where it is going to go over the defrost lines. I am sure SG also put black 3M so it will not show very well on the outside, lol.

Last edited:
The card size recording about the same as the DC? "64GB memory card will store around 4 hours of recordings before beginning to recycle." or can you post here your best estimate on each card size?

DR will have the same bitrate as DC (so same recording times per card size)
Overall time depends on the quality mode and parking monitor mode options chosen

for anyone wanting to preorder, there is a limited amount of stock that is ready to ship, more is on the way, if you get one of the first ones a few things to keep in mind

the app hasn't been finalised, it works with the current app but there are a couple of options in the settings menu that aren't available in the current app so those things would need to be adjusted on the main unit, things like rotate the display, flip the image etc which are specific to this model, the basics are there already

firmware is currently at V1.09, this is our ninth update and appears to be bug free, (everything we could find at least, not to say there still couldn't be something that we've missed), a further update is possibly needed to sync menus with the app update, firmware updates are something we still do regardless, we think we have it debugged already but there's still further improvements planned as we do with other models so firmware work is an ongoing process anyway

user manual isn't finalised yet, does come with a quick start guide which just covers the basics but more detailed info will be an online download version like we do with the other models, features are subject to firmware changes so full printed manuals quickly get out of date, will look to get a first draft up on the website as soon as possible, any questions can always be asked here or by opening a support ticket, phone call, whatever

for anyone that gets preorders from the stock that will follow these things will likely be addressed by then anyway

jokiin
Is the remote GPS the glass mount or dash mount one?

Just a thought or two or three...

I would be nice if the flat part of the mount was separate, held by a central screw. That would allow for any mounting angle plus facilitate other possible mounting 'feet' which could be made for unusual installs. Would also allow a captive wedge to be used for horizontal aiming when mounted at edges of windshields instead of having near-center mounting being the only place to get a true straight-ahead view. That would make possible a near-perfect mounting system which could work for 99.9%+ of the people. Maybe collaborate with someone like BlendMount to make the additional pieces to minimize your investment ;) Looks solid now (which is most important) and will probably be OK with most folks. Darn few people have the oddball mounting problems I encounter with my 30 year old work van when doing side and rear mounting which has to be unconventional to work at all :rolleyes: That's the only reason I mention this.

The recessed USB port is pure genius and perfect :love: Of all my cams and their problems, a loose USB plug/port has been one of the most common issues I've had. This solves that by providing better support and alignment. Plus this is where cable attachment should be made. My K2S has a short permanent cable to the cam modules with an inline plug/socket a short distance away that creates a 'bulge' in the cable which might not fit under a trim piece. With this the entire cable run is as thin and as concealable as is possible making an install anywhere much easier and much cleaner (y)(y)

One more thought- a question actually, and possibly an unanswerable one (did you expect anything else coming from from me?:ROFLMAO:) Do you think the cabling will transfer to future cams when they arrive? I'm sure you've seen folks wanting to do cam upgrades asking if their old cables will work so as to not need to redo what is the toughest part of a dual-cam install. I'm pretty sure I can guess this answer but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Got to do a tune-up on the old bus in a few minutes so I'm going to be looking at how I can mount this as my primary F/R cam system. Hoping my finances work out to join in when the main shipments begin arriving- right now that's looking good, hope that continues till then :cool:

Phil

On the cameras i was looking at that print, and at first thinking " whats that second plug " until i realized it was a print indicating how to insert the USB plug ( wouldn't it have been smarter to use USB C here ? or maybe they dont have enough connectors )

I do think the new camera units are furure proofed, not doing that moving forward would be stupid, but if the new cameras are backwards compatible with say a DCPRO i have no idea, it could just be the housing shape that have changed.

Back