SG9665GC anyone hardwire?

@AussieDaddy, Welcome to the forum!

Good choice of camera, you won't regret it :)

I'd get everything set up with the provided power cable to make sure it's all working properly first THEN start thinking about the hardwiring... Getting the camera located in "just the right spot" can be trial and error if you find your planned location just isn't good enough (I moved mine a couple of times so I could see the power and recording LED's without cranking my neck whilst driving and also making sure I had ready access to the lock button if wanting to save an event).

probably nothing unusual about the Astra install wise, if you want to hardwire work out where the fuse panel is and get yourself a fuse tap to suit (Jaycar, Supercheap etc sell them) for the power wire and a ring terminal for the earth, not too hard, a cheap multimeter is a good investment also

Thanks for the quick replies, singlefished & jokiin. I'll definitely make sure to test it with provided power cable before I install and run the wiring etc.

probably nothing unusual about the Astra install wise, if you want to hardwire work out where the fuse panel is and get yourself a fuse tap to suit (Jaycar, Supercheap etc sell them) for the power wire and a ring terminal for the earth, not too hard, a cheap multimeter is a good investment also

jokiin, what any other tools do you suggest I need to have to install the cam & the hardwire kit? You've mentioned a fuse tap, ring terminal and a multimeter. Any specific size of ring terminal and what type of fuse tap (or that's determined by the vehicle?)? Any other tools I might need to get before I get down to business? Sorry for the novice questions, guys, and I really appreciate the help.

Last edited:
Thanks, Gabacho. :)

Edit: I thought there was a comment above mine just a minute ago. Something seems to have just disappeared.

Thanks for the quick replies, singlefished & jokiin. I'll definitely make sure to test it with provided power cable before I install and run the wiring etc.

jokiin, what any other tools do you suggest I need to have to install the cam & the hardwire kit? You've mentioned a fuse tap, ring terminal and a multimeter. Any specific size of ring terminal and what type of fuse tap (or that's determined by the vehicle?)? Any other tools I might need to get before I get down to business? Sorry for the novice questions, guys, and I really appreciate the help.

which fuse tap will depend on the vehicle as to which size it uses, there's a few common sizes, I paid less than $10 for all the bits needed from Jaycar to install one the other day for someone, things like soldering iron, multimeter etc though I already had

which fuse tap will depend on the vehicle as to which size it uses, there's a few common sizes, I paid less than $10 for all the bits needed from Jaycar to install one the other day for someone, things like soldering iron, multimeter etc though I already had

Thanks, mate. I'll browse the forum for awhile and will try to gather as much info as I need to educate myself and will pay a visit to the Jaycar store in Adelaide tomorrow (I hope they're open on Saturdays. Haven't been to one for ages). Thanks again for the help.

Pretty straightforward for most vehicles, what are you installing it into?

To an old lemon. 2002 Holden Astra. And I am not that electronics expert either. Was putting it off due to work and laziness (received both the cam and kit weeks ago now).

where's the fuse panel in the car?

Right underneath the steering-wheel.

opel-astra-box-fuse.jpg

Wow! That's very immaculate install GWN21 did there. I've bookmarked it and will use it as reference. Thank you very much for the help, jokiin. Really appreciate it.

lots of people do the same, we're just fortunate that he documented it quite well as it's a good guide for anyone that wants to install a camera, not just one of ours

According to some of the things I've been reading, apparently the low voltage shutoff is too low for some cars? Is this true with the power cell? I have thought about hooking up the camera to a fuse that is always hot, but I don't want to kill my battery.

According to some of the things I've been reading, apparently the low voltage shutoff is too low for some cars? Is this true with the power cell? I have thought about hooking up the camera to a fuse that is always hot, but I don't want to kill my battery.

The MotoPark PANOBDP is the way to go if you want the higher cut-off values, optional timer, and push button to change between Switched (ACC) and UnSwitched (BAT) power sources.
It has a female cigarette lighter port on one side, and 3-wire hard wire on the other side. (instead of 2-wire)

you need something that has timer and voltage cutoffs and the ability to be set to turn off when you need that as well, running a camera 24/7 isn't good for the camera, the card or your car battery

Back