SG9665GC anyone hardwire?

Note also, and I'm not sure if it's clear in the manual, you can hardwire the Cellink in 2 ways.

1. ACC fuse - charge internal Cellink battery when engine is running. I'm not sure if there is any power bypass functionality, though (i.e. power the dashcams from car battery whilst Cellink is charging).

2. Hook it up to an "always on" power source. This will keep charging the Cellink, and power your dashcams, until your vehicle's battery voltage drops to 12.0V, after which the Cellink will shut off.

Come to think of it, I'm sure I have missing clips between 1000 hours and 1630 hours, as it's not possible to have clips from 0530 which haven't yet been looped over. The card can only fit up to 5-6 hours of recording I believe, before it starts looping over.

64gb will hold 8 hours or so, it has been recycling but the file order looks wrong

was the card formatted in the camera or PC (it is FAT32 yeah)?

not easy to follow that manual so I'm going to suspect something else at this stage, looks like you have a file naming issue which may or may not be influenced by the GPS, at whats time of day during those recordings was it undercover?

can you just confirm the firmware version number shown in the settings menu for me please?

1. The card was formatted in the camera. I checked the Properties and it is FAT32.
2. The car had been parked undercover between 0500 hours and 1630 hours. I only took it for a short 20 min drive at 1630.
3. Firmware is SG20150526.002.

I checked the camera this morning and the Cellink had depleted its power supply some time throughout the night, so had cut power to my dashcams. When I fired up the SG, it still had the correct date and time stamp.

Last edited:
OK thanks for the extra info

Can you format the card again and check it after it has been running for more than eight hours and have a look at the file order again please

Will do.

Do you have any suspicions at this stage as to what might be causing the issue?

Will do.

Do you have any suspicions at this stage as to what might be causing the issue?

did you reset defaults after updating the firmware?

I've been testing a 128gb card at the moment and have had it overwrite over 900 files so far and file order has remained spot on, no errors at all

did you reset defaults after updating the firmware?

Yep.

As long as the card was formatted in the camera itself, it should be good to use, right?

The card initially came from my Blackvue unit, so it was already FAT32. I put the card in the SG and formatted it straight away before using it.

let me know how it goes once you've tried again after formatting, only a few things will normally cause file anomalies, one is not loading defaults after an update, memory card problems is another, unstable power supply can also cause it but the least likely of the lot, I'm not familiar with the Cellink to know if that's an issue or not, can easily test by bypassing that temporarily and see how it behaves, see what happens after you've formatted though

you could also give the included 32gb card a try and see how that goes

I've been testing a 128gb card at the moment and have had it overwrite over 900 files so far and file order has remained spot on, no errors at all
cool, I keep forgetting what camera takes the 128gb and what doesn't, can you remind me once more. I just got my 128gb card today.

OK, results from my testing.

Camera started recording at 0730 this morning and stopped at 2000 hours tonight when I took the card out.

Upon inspection, I noticed:
  1. Very close to 64GB of video files present on the card.
  2. First video in file listing is 1130 and the last video is 2000 hours. That's about 8.5 hours of recording and is consistent with expectations. The earlier recordings had been looped over correctly. Good.
  3. File listing appears correct - almost all files are present, except the very clip that should have captured me returning to the car at around 1720 hours.
I parked in an undercover carpark all day. And when I returned to the car at 1720, I briefly woke the camera up and noticed the timestamp was wrong. According to the camera, it was 0821 hours (see screenshot below). When I look back at the file listing, the clip appears right between when I woke the camera up and the clip which records me at around 2 minutes after I exited the carpark. So where's the 20 odd minutes of missing footage???

iBfiTt.png

This leads me to believe that the GPS signal, or lack thereof, is interfering with the recording. My suspicion is that when the SG is woken up after XX hours during which it has no GPS signal, then it does not record until such time a GPS signal is re-located.

I do not know what XX is at this point, probably an extended period.

@jokiin - your thoughts?

Thanks for sharing your results, I suspect that you're correct and it's in some way GPS related, we're looking at it now, it shouldn't make any time corrections when there is no signal but something is going on there, apologies for the inconvenience, I need to work out the pattern to what's happening, once I work that out it will be easier to know what we need to fix, I'm sure it can be sorted once we can establish the pattern to the problem

I've been running a 128gb card all week and have overwritten over 1000 files with no sorting issues, I didn't lose reception at anytime though

@wozzzzza reported a similar issue to you today that he had when parked undercover for a few hours and his file error got screwed up so there's certainly a connection there somewhere

That's good to know that I'm not just some random having an isolated incident LOL

I have no doubt that this issue is now in good hands and will be addressed in due course :)

For those who don't park undercover, then there's obviously no issue. But for those who park undercover and record 24/7, fanatics like myself, then the possibility of having no recordings, however short the period - and in my case, this was 20 minutes - especially when the car is moving is a bit of a concern.

No reports of that in North America yet. I wonder if it's a time zone specific bug.

that's possible also, seems like something that is happening when running for extended periods with GPS connected but no reception, haven't worked out the pattern as yet

Looks like someone needs to solve for my XX :)

Back