SG9665GC firmware update

Which card was that with Fred?

The file handling bug wouldn't have caused that, but cards can flip to read only at any time - on the plus side if it's under warranty it will just get swapped straight out via RMA :)

Which card was that with Fred?

The file handling bug wouldn't have caused that, but cards can flip to read only at any time - on the plus side if it's under warranty it will just get swapped straight out via RMA :)
This was the 32gb card that came with the unit. Has kingston 32 micro written on it. Tried several times to plug it into my My windows 7 computer won't even recognize that it's plugged in.

Fred

This was the 32gb card that came with the unit. Has kingston 32 micro written on it. Tried several times to plug it into my My windows 7 computer won't even recognize that it's plugged in.

Fred

Hi Fred, I'll send you a new Transcend 32GB Premium 300x card via warranty replacement. (Not a problem). Stand by for a shipping confirmation tracking email.

Hi Fred, I'll send you a new Transcend 32GB Premium 300x card via warranty replacement. (Not a problem). Stand by for a shipping confirmation tracking email.
Jon, I just got the email with the tracking number, thanks. Great customer service.

Fred

It's now September and was wondering if the August firmware has been released?

Just checking in on the firmware update, almost 2 weeks since the last update.

Sorry for the noob question... But how can you tell which firmware do you have? Thanks!

Sorry for the noob question... But how can you tell which firmware do you have? Thanks!

-stop the recording in process (REC button)

-press the menu button once (first layer)

-press the menu button twice (second layer)

-scroll down using the rec/mic buttons (they act as up/down buttons once menu is active)

Scroll down a few pages until you see "version" with version highlighted press the center emergency button (which acts as the OK button)

So are we still waiting for the August firmware update?

Jokiin is at the factory talking to the developer as we speak to get an update. The new sensor calibration protective memory area ended up being more complicated than anticipated but we are on it. Stay tuned the gears are turning. Firmware is the top priority now that our production delays are fixed.

What's the current FW version? I just received my SG9665GC from Pier 28 and mine shows SG20150926.V2.

What's the current FW version? I just received my SG9665GC from Pier 28 and mine shows SG20150926.V2.

The latest GC batch have a new specialized firmware to keep the sensor calibration data saved into a protected memory area after it was performed at the factory. (so that is the correct version)

Previous GC customers will need a different new firmware to keep the sony sensor calibration data saved into protected memory area after being updated in the field. (working on that now)

We have a new beta firmware we are testing now, but need to adjust a couple more things first before making it available to existing GC customers.

We have a new beta firmware we are testing now, but need to adjust a couple more things first before making it available to existing GC customers.

we changed a couple of things so that you can't accidentally install the incorrect version of firmware over your existing firmware, it meant splitting it to two different releases but it was important to not undo the calibration settings on the latest production version, when we first started this model we didn't have that function available as a hard coded option but now that we do it's the better way to go, there will be updates coming for both pre and post hard calibration versions over the next few weeks

Back