SG9665GC firmware update

Hi,

My Boss just bought one of these cameras for me to use in my company car. I only just installed it yesterday and it is producing nice videos, but the date keeps resetting to 01/01/2015.

Is this a firmware issue or something else I'm doing wrong? The camera says the current firmware version is SG20150926.V2 - What version should I install to resolve this problems?

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like a RTC button battery problem. Firmware won't resolve this.
@jokiin will send you an action plan since you're in Australia.

Hi,

My Boss just bought one of these cameras for me to use in my company car. I only just installed it yesterday and it is producing nice videos, but the date keeps resetting to 01/01/2015.

Is this a firmware issue or something else I'm doing wrong? The camera says the current firmware version is SG20150926.V2 - What version should I install to resolve this problems?

Thanks in advance.

where are you located and where was it purchased from?

Just to update, I emailed Dash Cam Owners Aus and they sent out a new one the next day, including a postage bag to send the faulty one back with. Great service from Troy.

The new camera is working fine too.

I have made numerous attempts to update my SG9665GC from SG20150305.002 > SG20151109.V2 without success. Following the instructions to the letter nothing works. I've tried three different microSD cards (all different brands), first erasing all files and/or formatting with the camera before transferring the .bin file to the card and putting the card back into the camera. Also tried re-downloading a fresh version of the compressed firmware update and trying the update again every which way to Sunday.

What happens each and every time is that after I put the card with the new firmware update bin file into the camera, connect the camera to a 5V USB power supply (not a computer, of course) the camera starts up as normal and immediately begins recording without installing the update. Firmware version remains SG20150305.002.

What is the serial number of your dashcam ?

I have made numerous attempts to update my SG9665GC from SG20150305.002 > SG20151109.V2 without success. Following the instructions to the letter nothing works. I've tried three different microSD cards (all different brands), first erasing all files and/or formatting with the camera before transferring the .bin file to the card and putting the card back into the camera. Also tried re-downloading a fresh version of the compressed firmware update and trying the update again every which way to Sunday.

What happens each and every time is that after I put the card with the new firmware update bin file into the camera, connect the camera to a 5V USB power supply (not a computer, of course) the camera starts up as normal and immediately begins recording without installing the update. Firmware version remains SG20150305.002.

If your firmware says .002 Then .v2 is the wrong firmware for for your unit. Try the other version. Follow this guide.
http://streetguardian.info/whats-new/SG9665GC-firmware/

Here is the reason for the forked firmware.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sg9665gc-firmware-update.11806/page-3#post-192995

Have you had any other firmware on the camera previously?

Also you have the correct file for your version? SG9665GC.bin

I might be out of internet access for a bit but I'll ask @Pier28 to follow up with you, you may need a bootloader update as well, depends on the age of the camera if that has been updated or not, Jon has the file to do that if needed

Will check back when I get a chance and see how you got on

I may have been confused about which serial number applies to the replacement unit youn shipped me in April. I'll try the other version. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry for the noob question
I have an SG9665GM. Would i be able to apply this firmware to my camera or is the GM model different

Sorry for the noob question
I have an SG9665GM. Would i be able to apply this firmware to my camera or is the GM model different

Our previous model (SG9665GM) uses a different CPU. The SG9665GC firmware is not compatible.

The latest SG9665GM firmware can be found at http://streetguardian.info/support

Last edited:
Back