SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

was uploaded last week

Just loaded this. From the release notes for v30:

2. Bugfix REC LED behaviour when in standby

Not sure if this is related, but now, if I stop recording via the "REC" button, the LED stays on, instead of being off. It still blinks while recording as before. This is kind of counter-intuitive; I'd expect it to be off, like versions prior.

I've confirmed I'm running the updated version (SG20161128.V3) via the version menu item.

Cheers,
Sam.

Not sure if this is related, but now, if I stop recording via the "REC" button, the LED stays on, instead of being off. It still blinks while recording as before. This is kind of counter-intuitive; I'd expect it to be off, like versions prior.

I've confirmed I'm running the updated version (SG20161128.V3) via the version menu item.

it's meant to stay on solid when not recording, something we had changed previously but in one of the versions it had been changed back to off when not recording, if you use motion detect when the recording pauses the light would go out so no indication of what was happening

it's meant to stay on solid when not recording, something we had changed previously but in one of the versions it had been changed back to off when not recording, if you use motion detect when the recording pauses the light would go out so no indication of what was happening

Thanks for the rapid clarification. I would still argue this is confusing; I don't know of any other device where the light is on when not recording. I don't use motion detection so I'm not sure why the light being out wouldn't signal exactly what is happening; i.e. recording not happening. If you want to differentiate "stopped recording" vs "waiting to detect motion, but not recording", why not use two different blink rates for these two states, like shorter, less frequent blinks for "motion detection enabled, but not recording"? Alternatively, why not solid lit, no blink for normal recording (less distraction while driving) and current blinking mode or "motion detection enabled, but not recording".

It may be a hard to explain if a passenger who doesn't know how this works suggests switching off record (for example, to discuss a private matter), but the rec light remains stubbornly on. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Sam.

Last edited:
Thanks for the rapid clarification. I would still argue this is confusing; I don't know of any other device where the light is on when not recording. I don't use motion detection so I'm not sure why the light being out wouldn't signal exactly what is happening; i.e. recording not happening. If you want to differenciate "stopped recording" vs "waiting to detect motion, but not recording", why not use two different blink rates for these two states, like shorter, less frequent blinks for "motion detection enabled, but not recording"? Alternatively, why not solid lit, no blink for normal recording (less distraction while driving) and current blinking mode or "motion detection enabled, but not recording".

Hi Jokiin.
Have to say I agree with Sam. Having a light ON for something inactive is unusual.
I'm just about to start playing with motion detection on SG20161128.V3.
Cheers
...Steve

there's a limited amount of config available with what we can do with the LED's, for a private conversation you can just turn the mic off

there's a limited amount of config available with what we can do with the LED's

Fair enough; if you only have one blink rate option, that still leaves "Off, blinking, On", as per my alternative suggestion. Or can you not have three states?

for a private conversation you can just turn the mic off

OK, bad example, off the top of my head.

I agree. Off, blinking, on would be sufficient. Whatever it is, setting the REC light to come on solid when not recording is quite confusing/counterintuitive.

AvJzxmP.jpg

c0c42e622c38.png

waiting -30°C ;)

Last edited:
up here where we are we need eskies and portable electric fridges to keep things cool when going on picnics, where you lot are you would need portable heaters to keep things from freezing. I cant even imagine living in those temperatures. i used to have to pack a walk in freezer when i was younger once a week that took 20 minutes, i was all rugged up and couldn't wait to get out.
do you lot get many destroyed engines when the water in there freezes?? or is everyone on top of it with coolant??

do you lot get many destroyed engines when the water in there freezes?? or is everyone on top of it with coolant??
Antifreeze is a big seller here in Michigan.

I nearly got stuck in Kalamazoo once, when a lake effect blizzard dumped half a metric f**k-ton of snow there the day before I was supposed to fly back out. It was gnarly but very cool. Just in small doses. It was back to San Antonio for me after that!

Hey, cool. Just learned another new word today. :)
if you ever come down under for a holiday I'm sure you will also learn some more fully sick words to take back home dude.

if you ever come down under for a holiday I'm sure you will also learn some more fully sick words to take back home dude.
It's on my list of places I want to visit. Just need to fit it in my schedule of other places I want to visit.

It's on my list of places I want to visit. Just need to fit it in my schedule of other places I want to visit.
come down here visit me up the far north, we can put some bangers on the barbie and get on the piss, pick up some chicks for a pash, but just remember not to drive home else the pigs will lead ya to the booze bus and bust ya ass and you'll be spewin.

Hit 16F (-9C) about an hour ago here in south Texas. That's plenty cold enough, thanks.

Coldest I've seen this year is -4.5C.....makes the UK seem positively barmy compared to some of your temps!

come down here visit me up the far north, we can put some bangers on the barbie and get on the piss, pick up some chicks for a pash, but just remember not to drive home else the pigs will lead ya to the booze bus and bust ya ass and you'll be spewin.
Believe it or not the only thing I had to look up was 'pash' (my wife might have an issue with that if it's not her) - the rest I'm familiar with.

When/if the time comes I'll be sure to check with forum members from down under to help with the itinerary.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back